The Sarah Parries Memorial Jenner

30 replies to this topic

#1 Lars Redgren

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 65 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

PGI, here is my proposal for a new Hero Jenner. All profits donated to cancer research.

The Sarah Parries Hero Mech

Jenner-SP
3x streaks, one in each torso (as she loved to 'lock on')
1x ML in each arm (2 total)

Other than that, a standard Jenner.

I think this is a great opportunity for PGI to both gain some good publicity and bring out a hero Jenner at the same time.

We can quibble about the loadout, but I think the idea itself is a great one and should be seconded by all the merc corps and solo players out there.

#2 WiIIiam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

Match the paint as on this post http://mwomercs.com/...9110-for-sarah/ and maybe a sunflower on the mech.

#3 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

#4 NoSkillRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

I'll buy several if possible. PGI please make this happen.

#5 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostLars Redgren, on 30 May 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

Jenner-SP
3x streaks, one in each torso (as she loved to 'lock on')
1x ML in each arm (2 total)

That's Commando's loadout. No, just no.

There are tons of things that can be done for her, but making an OP mech is not giving her memory justice, but exploiting someone's situation: "Oh, hey guys! Have you heard? This little girl died and she liked the Jenner! Our Jenner. Let's make sure "she gets her memorial" and we get our JENNER!"

I'm sorry, but think a bit about yourself and then come up with something better.

#6 NoSkillRush

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostAdridos, on 30 May 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

There are tons of things that can be done for her, but making an OP mech is not giving her memory justice, but exploiting someone's situation: "Oh, hey guys! Have you heard? This little girl died and she liked the Jenner! Our Jenner. Let's make sure "she gets her memorial" and we get our JENNER!"

I'm sorry, but think a bit about yourself and then come up with something better.

I think your missing the point. I am sure most of us won't care how PGI configures the load-out. It's the thought that counts.

#7 ElliottHD

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 86 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

I don't drive light mechs. I don't like Jenners. I would never drive one. BUT I would buy 5 of these. One for each of my kids, one for my grandmother who passed of cancer, one for my grandfather who passed of cancer, and one for my cousin who is living her last year of life with inoperable cancer. This should happen, and I agree with it 100%.

#8 SKiD07

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 29 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

The idea sounds good and would help raise money for cancer research. Now as far as load out, the Jenner is the precursor to the Owens, so why not just reverse the hard point locations (energy in the torso and missiles in the arms)? Wouldn't make it OP and gives more variety.

#9 Ingvay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

Name the Jenner Hero "Parries" and send the proceeds to the American Cancer Society. I'd buy one if that was the case, and I don't even like Jenners.

#10 Lars Redgren

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 65 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostAdridos, on 30 May 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Wow, but did you miss the point. I have a 6 year old daughter. Plus, you obviously missed the part about "We can quibble about the loadout."

To even suggest someone would take advantage in such a cynical way... perhaps you should take a moment to consider why that was the first place you went.

#11 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

View PostLars Redgren, on 30 May 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

Wow, but did you miss the point. I have a 6 year old daughter. Plus, you obviously missed the part about "We can quibble about the loadout."

To even suggest someone would take advantage in such a cynical way... perhaps you should take a moment to consider why that was the first place you went.

I just dislike when people exploit such things.

Had both of my grandparents die of cancer and as such, I really don't dislike the idea, just the basic thought that someone is going to use it as an excuse to get Owens, Jenner IIC, *insert any mech here, really* is what is so gross to me.

Edited by Adridos, 30 May 2013 - 09:14 AM.

#12 Noodlesoup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 260 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:22 AM

Let's remove the mech from the discussion completely. Why not just have a Skin/Color scheme named for the person and donate the proceeds from skin/color sales. Regardless, supporting good causes shouldn't require a super strong incentive, much less spirited debate about the nature of the incentive..

Whatever happened to "Doing good for goodness sake".

#13 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

There are already posts about this on the announcement, and suggestion forums..

#14 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

View PostNoodlesoup, on 30 May 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

Let's remove the mech from the discussion completely. Why not just have a Skin/Color scheme named for the person and donate the proceeds from skin/color sales. Regardless, supporting good causes shouldn't require a super strong incentive, much less spirited debate about the nature of the incentive..

That actually makes more sense.

#15 whiteboy007

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 27 posts
  • LocationHutchinson, Ks

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

View PostAdridos, on 30 May 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

I just dislike when people exploit such things.

Had both of my grandparents die of cancer and as such, I really don't dislike the idea, just the basic thought that someone is going to use it as an excuse to get Owens, Jenner IIC, *insert any mech here, really* is what is so gross to me.

Wow... just wow. I have no words for how myopic and self indulgent this statement is.

#16 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

This it getting really sick, we know everyone loves the Jenner mech and everyone wants their Hero Jenner that they would buy instantly but this is just wrong, I really really want a hero spider but I wouldn't be for this topic if the mech was a spider.

PGI/mods really need to dealwith/lock these topics already, everyone using this topic to get their hero mech faster is just very wrong, and its quite obvious by a lot of the posts/builds/hardpoints since that original announcement that most people only care about the Hero Jenner.

Have a expensive paint scheme/cockpit item/decal (when they come) that you can visually show your support with at most, with the income being donated would be the better option IF pgi chooses to do it. That will really show how many people care about this topic.

Obviously a hero Jenner would be a real sales boom as would a hero for most other mechs aka hero atlas, but having hundreds of Jenners running around that you can shoot and kill named for a little girl who died to cancer is just wrong.

This needs to stop.

Edited by MonkeyCheese, 30 May 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#17 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostNoodlesoup, on 30 May 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

This is a fantastic approach. It doesn't affect gameplay but allows people to contribute AND show solidarity on their own favourite mech.

Perfect.

#18 Aaren Kai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

Or... You could donate directly. Just saying...

I would rather have a hanging sun flower, thank you very much.

#19 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

They haven't listened to us on anything else that didn't involve nerfing, why would they listen to us here?

#20 Stone Profit

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

View Postwhiteboy007, on 30 May 2013 - 02:52 PM, said:

Wow... just wow. I have no words for how myopic and self indulgent this statement is.

Thats because it isnt. You clearly have no idea what those words mean.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users