Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostIronChance, on 22 February 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

I'd prefer MC to banners and medals, but I'm still interested enough to play a bit this weekend. Maybe an MC and/or C-Bill purse for a tournament in the future?

Definitely. This is a dry run to shake out all the bugs and see what behaviors we see.

#22 Monkey Bone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

PGI, how is a guy with 13-16 better than my 17-5?

I have topped the score on about 20 of the 22 games i have played.

#23 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostXenroth, on 22 February 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

#1 and #2 at the light mech tournament list are obviously abusing something which gives them a great advantage ... i think they sync drop with 6 other people ... they are already 20 points ahead of every other light mech which is ridiculous

Probably more to do with Lights being really good at getting all types of assists. We'll do a full analysis afterwards to see what's going on. :P

#24 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 February 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Games played only accounts for a small percentage of your score. Just enough to reward players who are consistent over a long period.

I agree with other people have said. Make it so after a certain number of games your stats after that game is what you have for the whole weekend. So I don't have to spend all weekend on here thanks.

maybe after 100 games?

#25 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostJules Gonzales, on 22 February 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

PGI, how is a guy with 13-16 better than my 17-5?

I have topped the score on about 20 of the 22 games i have played.

We don't weigh W/L ratio highly in the scoring system as it does not demonstrate a good individual player, rather a good team. It's part of the equation, but personal participation that helps improve your teams odds of winning count for a larger % of the score.

#26 Monkey Bone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 February 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

We don't weigh W/L ratio highly in the scoring system as it does not demonstrate a good individual player, rather a good team. It's part of the equation, but personal participation that helps improve your teams odds of winning count for a larger % of the score.

Mhm so if i want to be #1 i should just stick near my team instead of soloing the enemy team (which i can do actually)?

#27 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

I still think my idea of number of capped tracked games is the best :P I'd like to have a life this weekend.

#28 Monkey Bone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 22 February 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

I still think my idea of number of capped tracked games is the best :P I'd like to have a life this weekend.

Yeah, it's not too late to go back. Just reduce the score from total games played.

#29 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postarmitage, on 22 February 2013 - 02:36 PM, said:

I shouldn't account for anything other than setting up a minimum number of games played to be eligible. The Win/Loss ratio and scores with in the match are what dictate consistency. I have no interest in competing where one player can play worse and still win because her/she played more games.

That is completely backwards from any logic, the player with the highest score who played the least amount of games is clearly a better player.

For this type of challenge, the player who plays the most consistently over the course of three days, will win. Accumulators (kills, assists, gamesplayed etc) have to be part of the scoring system, or players could simply pad a few brilliant games together and walk away. All of the accumulators have a reasonable weight designed to give players several ways to be a top of the leaderboard. It's theoretically possible to have a brutal W/L ratio and still win because of you managed to be a real top player within each match.

This is one of many forms of tournaments we plan to have, including a variety of single elimination and round robin events where a single match and the quality of teamplay will determine the victors.

This tournament is not for everyone as it really is about active participation over a number of days.

#30 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostJules Gonzales, on 22 February 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Mhm so if i want to be #1 i should just stick near my team instead of soloing the enemy team (which i can do actually)?

You should do your best to be a well rounded player that collects the best possible W/L, Kills, Assists, Cap and Spot Assists, and play a reasonable number of games. If you collect all of the above, AKA be a decent MechWarrior pilot, you should be able to compete for the top 25.

#31 Monkey Bone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 February 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

You should do your best to be a well rounded player that collects the best possible W/L, Kills, Assists, Cap and Spot Assists, and play a reasonable number of games. If you collect all of the above, AKA be a decent MechWarrior pilot, you should be able to compete for the top 25.

Does tagging/narcing count?

#32 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostJules Gonzales, on 22 February 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

Does tagging/narcing count?

Not for this event, as we tried to avoid anything that was directly linked to a specific item.

Here are the two scoring systems:

(Total Event Players – Light Rank) + (Total Event Players – Medium Rank) + (Total Event Players – Heavy Rank) + (Total Event Players – Assault Rank)

For the Light, Medium, Heavy, and Assault Champion challenges we are using an aggregate score that weighs Win/Loss Ratio, Kills, Kill Assists, Capture Assists, Spotting Assists, and Games Played.

#33 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

So people who have multiple people playing their account all weekend, so they are on for 72 hours will win. You don't see anything wrong with that?

And yes, people will do that.

#34 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 22 February 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

So people who have multiple people playing their account all weekend, so they are on for 72 hours will win. You don't see anything wrong with that?

And yes, people will do that.

For this challenge the rules will reward quality and quantity about evenly. For future challenges we will offer different win conditions.

#35 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Alright

#36 Monkey Bone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

At least i've had the motivation to grind c-bills...

Thanks for the info :P

#37 jper4

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

going to take a break now- manged to drag my mediocre self to #50 in the medium category- had my usual swings of 2-3 kills and 400ish damage and 0 kills and 50 damage light swarm deaths. only a game or two under .500 atm which is much better than my overall w/l

been enjoyable so far- a lot more lights out there than i've seen of late. must be a dogfight in that classification

#38 Monkey Bone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostTanar, on 22 February 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

going to take a break now- manged to drag my mediocre self to #50 in the medium category- had my usual swings of 2-3 kills and 400ish damage and 0 kills and 50 damage light swarm deaths. only a game or two under .500 atm which is much better than my overall w/l

been enjoyable so far- a lot more lights out there than i've seen of late. must be a dogfight in that classification

Off to bed here, #35 in mediums. Good luck!

#39 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

So how does the sudden explosion of Splatcats, Raven 3L's, AS7-DDC's look on the dev side?

#40 BrianMMXII

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVan BC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Scores should be averaged over the 10 best matches in any given category, otherwise this is just a No-lifer tourney

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users