Tournament Feedback

419 replies to this topic

#41 New Breed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'm dropping 3rd in Assault. Too much time required.

#42 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostTanar, on 22 February 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

been enjoyable so far- a lot more lights out there than i've seen of late. must be a dogfight in that classification

I think the lights, followed by the heavies, will be the most competitive divisions this weekend

#43 hammerreborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Question for Devs. Is TAG/NARC bonuses applied to the spotting bonuses for overall score?

#44 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 February 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

For this challenge the rules will reward quality and quantity about evenly. For future challenges we will offer different win conditions.

For the future, I think this format works pretty well, but rewards quantity too strongly.

I fully understand requiring a minimum number of matches to qualify, as you want to avoid Bob getting a half dozen spectacular wins then dropping out... But if you reward quantity and quality evenly, those who can't play a lot can't compete effectively.

I'd far, far rather see a minimum - say, 25 matches? And after that, have # of games only count as a tie breaker.

While I was doing ok thus far, this is the only day I can really play much - sadly, despite doing (what I consider) reasonably well, I'll fall off over the weekend simply because I can't put enough games in. If there were a specific number I needed to qualify, it would be easier to work that in, but as it stands? There's really not much point in continuing, which is sad.

#45 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 February 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

Definitely. This is a dry run to shake out all the bugs and see what behaviors we see.

Behaviors like a massive amount of people playing the 1 broken mech in the game perhaps?

#46 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

View Postsycocys, on 22 February 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

Behaviors like a massive amount of people playing the 1 broken mech in the game perhaps?

Haha, I just looked at the light scores, something is not right there at all.

#47 Hell Mel

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostBrianMMXII, on 22 February 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

Scores should be averaged over the 10 best matches in any given category, otherwise this is just a No-lifer tourney

I'd rather have a no-lifer tourney than a tourney in which people can pad scores in ten matches by sync dropping with a large number of other people.

It seems to me that there is no good way to do a random queue solo Tourney.

Edited by Hell Mel, 22 February 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#48 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Meh, I'm sure they'll take the feed back and cap the next one.. or have a set of winners each day fri-sat-sun.

100 games for the weekend would have been a good cap.

#49 Boaz Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 96 posts
  • LocationApperently , back on the island

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Do not know I am still mystified over what you are doing with this. It sounded like you were going to compare the best 3 game on each class and ties go the player with the most wins but that is not what it looks like you are tracking.

#50 GrabbleRus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

They just need to cut the maximum ammount to something making sense without 24h playing for 3 days straight.

#51 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

I would love to give some feedback for this thing but unfortunately every match is a complete cheesecake disaster, so I cant bring myself to drop at all, way to ruin the weekend...

#52 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

For this endurance contest is there any chance whatsoever for someone to get in the top 100 if they did not start at the contest starting time? It has been going on for 7 hours, the lowest number of games played seems to be about 45 in the leaderboards.

I am thinking it is a bad sign if your in the top 25, south parks WoW episode keeps springing to mind.

Maybe this is PGI's version of dracul's free feast for the 'poor'

#53 Dreepa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

The tournament basically is a fun an entertaining way to feed the matchmaking phase 3 systems with some decent data.

#54 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

View PostAbivard, on 22 February 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

For this endurance contest is there any chance whatsoever for someone to get in the top 100 if they did not start at the contest starting time? It has been going on for 7 hours, the lowest number of games played seems to be about 45 in the leaderboards.

I am thinking it is a bad sign if your in the top 25, south parks WoW episode keeps springing to mind.

Maybe this is PGI's version of dracul's free feast for the 'poor'

Don't bother trying, I went from 2nd to 9th. It's been 20 minutes since I stopped lol.

#55 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

With the in the forums from Bryan, my guess is they will take all the information and immediately put it into a shredder.

The only thing this weekend will confirm is they need to get integrated voice working, fix the 3L, and actually start tweaking ECM in a meaningful way. 2/3 Things in this list they don't seem at all interested in doing, and haven't made any headway on integrated voice since before they went to open beta. Not holding my breath.

#56 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

I didn't see a single A1 this friday. But 2! Catapracts with three (3) LBX10 ... my Elo must be really low xD

#57 Dave9

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Feels like the tournement is just a "who can play the most games in one sitting" match.

#58 GrabbleRus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

View PostLyrik, on 22 February 2013 - 05:17 PM, said:

I didn't see a single A1 this friday. But 2! Catapracts with three (3) LBX10 ... my Elo must be really low xD

I want to see one so badly )

#59 protoKol

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

I wanted to play with a group for 2 hours and i dropped 20 places, i was 30/31/32 in the assault category. I wanted to see if it would go up again after getting 2nd in a match. Stopped playing for 15 minutes for the score to refresh and i dropped 6 more places

#60 GrabbleRus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Well we already know who will win - those who have 2-3 people playing for them. But i'll still try my best :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users