419 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

All general feedback posts about the new Tournament update will be merged into this thread for simplified reference and overview.

#2 IronChance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

Is there a minimum number of solo matches you need to play to have your score counted? Is there a maximum?

#3 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

will it just be top 25 on boards?

#4 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

games played is a bad way to keep track , it means whoever plays the most will win

#5 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 22 February 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

games played is a bad way to keep track , it means whoever plays the most will win

Yeah.Once i figured that out i just gave up.
Farming C-Bills now.

#6 Rina Fujimoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 526 posts
  • LocationSF

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Should have made it so that games won by caps don't count toward the score, I keep running into people who are topping the leader boards and they all do it by capping with cap accels, and most of my matches have been base races because of the tournament.

#7 yerDEAD

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

Yes - a bit disappointing the way they set it up. It's not really going to give an accurate read of the best players. I think they are putting their ELO scores to the test. I guess that's what beta is all about ;(

#8 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 22 February 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Games played only accounts for a small percentage of your score. Just enough to reward players who are consistent over a long period.

#9 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

More of a question, I suppose, but will we be able to see our final ranking, or only the top 25(weight class)/50(overall)?

#10 Drexorn

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 90 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Capture needs to count more towards your match score. Just got out of a match where all I did in my light was run around capping and harrassing & tagging. We won, I had match score of 12 I think..it was a low number. What I do remember is that every person on the losing team (alive & dead) had a higher match score.

Granted I did very little damage, but I was pretty key in winning since I was the only person left alive at the end.
Is damage done, kills & assists the only thing that matter?

Edited by Drexorn, 22 February 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#11 IIIuminaughty

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,445 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Im bout to win this...getting all gold. Michael Philips

#12 Fajther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan, usa

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Thank you for surprising me with this tournament. It is a great idea. Please do stuff like this more often, I can't believe I have to leave for yoga now. Keep up the good work.

#13 IronChance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

I'd prefer MC to banners and medals, but I'm still interested enough to play a bit this weekend. Maybe an MC and/or C-Bill purse for a tournament in the future?

#14 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

#1 and #2 at the light mech tournament list are obviously abusing something which gives them a great advantage ... i think they sync drop with 6 other people ... they are already 20 points ahead of every other light mech which is ridiculous

#15 Tarys

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 166 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

i have the feeling that some people are sync-dropping with a team (while being solo) and therefore getting some unusual high stats ... the missing balance on tonnage also ain´t giving me the feeling that the best will be the no. 1 but more likely the one who had a real low elo before and gets the best teams suited for the map.

not to tell about the strange feeling some people are using aimbots. took some pretty godlike shots tearing me nearly apart.

#16 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostTarys, on 22 February 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

i have the feeling that some people are sync-dropping with a team (while being solo) and therefore getting some unusual high stats ... the missing balance on tonnage also ain´t giving me the feeling that the best will be the no. 1 but more likely the one who had a real low elo before and gets the best teams suited for the map.

not to tell about the strange feeling some people are using aimbots. took some pretty godlike shots tearing me nearly apart.

Just thought the same ...

I hope they take further steps against those abusers otherwise this tournament is kind of boring and i can stop playing right now

#17 armitage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 22 February 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Games played only accounts for a small percentage of your score. Just enough to reward players who are consistent over a long period.

I shouldn't account for anything other than setting up a minimum number of games played to be eligible. The Win/Loss ratio and scores with in the match are what dictate consistency. I have no interest in competing where one player can play worse and still win because her/she played more games.

Tie Breakers

[color=#959595]1st tie breaker goes to the player with the most matches.[/color]

That is completely backwards from any logic, the player with the highest score who played the least amount of games is clearly a better player.

#18 PiVoR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

I like how this event multipled ammount of OP bulids you meet now.
Taking anything that isnt an ECM raven/atlas/splatcat or something similarity OP is suicide..

#19 DeathStalker13

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 76 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Blatant cheating on teamspeak undermines the integrity of the tournament. Really guys, it's kind of pathetic that you are sychronizing your drops to boost your stats in the tournament.

#20 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

I'm happy for a tournament... but in all honesty for a team based game, you create something that is solo only even if ELO broke sync dropping as a small group... it didn't break the solo syncing of teams (we do this in conquest for 1v1 competition nights, or random team fun).

This type of thing also only extends to those who A) Have the time (aka no life) and :P who can stock up on energy drinks and caffeine for 48hr's and for what... a banner? Some more incentive prizes would more laudable and a better overall format to a tournament should be found so everyone has a reasonable change of participating and winning it.

Hell it started 4am my time... I doubt I'll actually attempt to compete because trying to play catch up 5hr later when I wake up won't be much help, and feedback I'm receiving isn't promising a good experience like just normal solo dropping was beforehand.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users