Where Is It Written That Override Changed?

7 replies to this topic

#1 MasterGoa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:16 PM

Checked the patch notes, nothing about override.

But it changed enough to have me killed...

WTF?

#2 Krellek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationGlendora, CA

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

If you are referring to death by overheating, there are a few bugs new to this last patch. At one point I witnessed someone overheat and shutdown for thirty seconds and by the time he powered back up, he was at 8%. Obviously that example is the opposite of your issue but it's the only bug I have actually seen in front of me.

Edited by Krellek, 21 February 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#3 FerrolupisXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 502 posts
  • LocationCatapult Cockpit

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

it was in one of the patch notes. Override is now working in a more logical manor, instead of the odd useless way it worked before.

Youre about to overheat! You have two choices:

One: let the overheat happen, shutting down but preventing damage to your mech.

Two: Hit override, setting a 5 second timer. if you go over %100 heat within those 5 seconds, your mech will not shut down, but you take damage to your mechs core, obviously with the possibility of death. you CAN continuously override, but it will kill you.

I haven't seen any major bugs with heat, besides people being confused with the new system. then again i run fairly cool mechs.

another thing to note, if you power up after the Emergency Shutdown happens, if your heat is over 100 you will take damage. also, because you can cue up power up/power down, DO NOT MASH the power button, you'll just power up then down again!

If this does not actually help try and be a little more specific with what you think has changed or is wrong

#4 MasterGoa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

Well, the override O option does NOT work...

Tried it many times.

In THIS patch, there are no mention of the shutdown override changing, so I guess it is a bug...

#5 ICEFANG13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

You have to click it before shut down you know?

#6 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

There were two recent changes. I believe you are looking for these (in chronological order):

01/23/2013 Patch
Power System: (Powering on and off the Mech):

- There has been a significant change in how the power system works in regards to powering on and off your Mech and when overheating.

- Pressing the ‘P’ key will always turn on / off your Mech even if your Mech is shutdown from overheating.
- Pressing the ‘O’ key will temporarily prevent the shutdown of your Mech due to overheat.

What does this mean exactly?

Pressing the "O" key just prior to overheating will temporarily disable the overheat Mechanic for the next 5 seconds. If you do not overheat in those 5 seconds, the override is cancelled and will need to be toggled the next time you wish to engage it.

If your Mech DOES overheat within that 5 second buffer, your Mech will continue to operate but will cause you to start taking damage to your internals.

Pressing the "P" key now powers your Mech on/off no matter what state you are in. Hence, if you press the "P" key while you are overheated, your Mech will power up but you will start to take damage to your internals until you have cooled off sufficiently.

05/02/2013 Patch

"Override Engaged" Visual + Audio + Gameplay Tuning

- When engaging override shutdown, a visual will flash on the screen “OVERRIDE ENGAGED”
- Betty will also alert you when override has been engaged
- If you manually power down while over 100% heat, you will remain powered down until you manually power up
- While in the middle of a power up/down sequence, you can press P to queue up the command to perform the opposite sequence
- It's also worth reviewing how the override and automatic shutdown system works, including the most recent changes:
- At any time you can press P to power your Mech on/off
- Each time you press P, there is a 0.75 sec cooldown before any additional presses of P are recognized; this is to help prevent people who constantly spam the P key from continually powering up and down
- If you press P while in the process of powering on or off, you will queue up a command to perform the opposite sequence once the current sequence is complete
- If your heat level reaches 100%, your Mech will automatically power down; it will automatically power back up again when your heat level drops below 100%
- Your Mech can be manually powered up again after an automatic shutdown by pressing P
- If you press O, you will command your Mech to override the automatic shutdown
- When O is pressed, Betty will alert you that override has been activated, an override warning will flash on your HUD, and it starts a 5 second timer during which, if your heat reaches 100%, the automatic shutdown is ignored. (Note: Even after the 5 seconds have passed, your Mech will not automatically shutdown if you are over 100% heat.)
- Each time you press O, you reset the 5 second timer
- You can manually power down after overriding the automatic shutdown by pressing P, however you will not automatically power back up when your heat drops below 100% (though you will know this has happened when your screen stops flashing red)
- If you remain powered up while over 100% heat, you will take damage to your internal structure

Edited by Syllogy, 22 February 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#7 Krellek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationGlendora, CA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

MasterGoa, I think you were getting confused with the exact mechanic of it. I changed my 'O' key to 'E' for ease of use and incorporating it into the game play.

Good Luck

#8 MasterGoa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Guys, I know the changes that happened in the early Feb patch.

What I am seeing is that THIS patch, pressing the O seems to do nothing
and pressing the P shut myself back down after cooling off.

This is the context of being already overheated.

I stopped using the override before shutting down because it seems
that you explode at 103%...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users