El Bandito Is Bowing Out Of The Tournament--An Analysis.

7 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Posted Image

So after a strong showing the the Assault division, I finally realized that I cannot win in time even though I generally get 700ish damage per match.

Posted Image

There are many obvious and detrimental factors to this bitter defeat, which I will explain in detail.

1. PGI annouced the tourney too late. They should tell us about it 3 months in advance at least. If I had known a tournament is coming, I would have dumped my pregnant wife long ago, but instead I am washing 3 month old baby's pants full of sh*t--sh*t like Davions--when I am suppose to be playing. 2 days advance notice is not enough to finalize the divorce papers!

2. Too few Marik teammates in game. We all know a game is pretty much over when a Marik steps forward. However, due to our elite status there are just too few Marik players online at any given time. This is a huge handicap. Still, no true Marik will lower himself to run for a clan and do spam drop like those stinking Liaos or even worse, Steiners. We Mariks welcome fratricidal battles.

3. Teammates are getting into my way. They are all gathering like vultures over a wounded enemy mech--by me--to get the finishing blow. Consequently I have no choice but to shoot through them. I eventually manage to kill the enemy but a few of my teammates will also die in the line of my fire due to their stupidity. Teamkilling is not good for rating!

4. Too much Alpine Valley. How the hell am I suppose to spam my SRMs when there is Alpine Valley one after the other? I got THREE Alpine Valley in a row today and it sucked. Fatlas too fat to go back to base and prevent cap by light mechs. Speaking of Light mechs...

5. PGI should let the same weight class to fight each other in tourneys. I am trying to be the best of the Assault class, therefore I should prove that to other insignificant assault pilots. Why am I instead getting pecked to death by Ravens like Forest Speyer? They move too fast and spam Blink like the Antimage.

Posted Image

Anyway, I thank you for supporting and cheering me on all throughout the tournament.

MuRiKa!

Edited by El Bandito, 24 February 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#2 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Who?

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:48 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 24 February 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

Who?

Me.

#4 Leonidesalinas

• PipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 38 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 February 2013 - 10:48 PM, said:

Me.

Couldn't be!

#5 Zakie Chan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 February 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

If I had known a tournament is coming, I would have dumped my pregnant wife long ago, but instead I am washing 3 month old baby's pants full of sh*t--sh*t like Davions--when I am suppose to be playing. 2 days advance notice is not enough to finalize the divorce papers!

2. Too few Marik teammates in game. We all know a game is pretty much over when a Marik steps forward. However, due to our elite status there are just too few Marik players online at any given time. This is a huge handicap. Still, no true Marik will lower himself to run for a clan and do spam drop like those stinking Liaos or even worse, Steiners. We Mariks welcome fratricidal battles.

*SNIP*

MuRiKa!

I was unsure whether or not to encourage and 'Like' this post. The above factors however, were the deciding elements...

#6 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPlanet Tranquil--HighOrbit--

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

239?

You didn't even break double digits?

#7 Roadbuster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,437 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

I see a disconnect on that screenshot...because their team was 1 man short?
Shame on disconnectors. Take the handicap like a man!

On topic.
I'd say, right decision.
Your points are absolutely valid! :huh:

EDIT:...well, except for that Marik part :D

Edited by Roadbuster, 25 February 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#8 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

Not enough Marik eh?
LOL :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users