#41 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 26 February 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

This was me when I quit.. after I knew I couldn't play for 72 hours. I used nothing but the founders atlas, never touched the DDC.. so I win ...right guys?

i think in terms of consistent firepower the D is superior to the DDC because of the two energy hardpoints in the torso. not to mention in most situations an ac/20 round and a single srm6 is enough to down most lights. the rest get finished by 4 medium lasers. good combo.

ecm is only really handy against the disorganized because it squelches automatic forms of communication, but its main feature is preventing standard lock ons.

all in all i have no problem believing the D can do it. However in terms of assaults I would really appreciate it if anybody in the winning top three who did not pilot an atlas could come forward and share their loadout/secrets. Stalker/Awesome is arguably harder to play due to less tonnage and less armor aside from design quirks unless they adopt a boat strategy.

#42 Mechkilla

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostJman5, on 26 February 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

300 damage per match is surprisingly low.

Yeah, but there are enough matches out there with 2-6 pilots on ONE side that didn't even break the 150. It's sometimes frustrating.

Edited by Mechkilla, 26 February 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#43 KKillian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 304 posts
  • LocationGeneva, IL

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 26 February 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

I am a little disappointed in the stats presented.

There is no comparison to personal stats
There is no breakdown of how points and point weighting per match. (especially when games/hour crowd was so successful)
There is no stats regarding mech selection or weapon/equipment selection

And most importantly there is no lessons learned. For instance:
Light mechs scored universally higher than all other categories, that seems like a weighting bias issue.
How did ELO impact game play? where match results even or primarily fast blowouts
How did ECM impact game play? what percent of light mechs carried ECM? Medium? Assault?
How does a 2.3 KDR ration jive with stats outside of the tournament? 2.3 seems like a very good KDR.

Based on your number the top 25 places in the tournament (combined categories) represent over 10% of matches played but only 1% of the playerbase, how do their number stack up against the other 99.2% of the tournament players.

I do not think anyone expected or even wanted an "overall" stats in this type of format, I think we have all been expecting individual stats... I really could not give a damn how many Cbills or overall W/L ratio all of us as a combined group had, The format of the competition was terrible, the stat report is bad, and saying this was not based on stimulating the ELO system makes me feel like it was almost pointless. After I found out the format of the event I assumed it was to stimulate the ELO system which by all means I am all for because any other reasoning of the terms make no sense to anyone.

I came in 5th place on the heavy board maintaining a W/L ratio of 2:1 around 400+ games, Each of which I stayed in the match until scoreboard at the end. I piloted the same Cataphract 3D with 2xERPPC and 1 Gauss the entire time save for one CTD in which I played a LRM cat. My KDR is maintained at the end of the competition at 2.67, I met many great pilots along the way and the community stimulation is the only thing I take with me from this aside from the disrespect I have for the pilots that did nothing but suicide rush overlap matchs and disconnect constantly before death to exploit the number system. You know who you are, it is a shame players were not rewarded for skills or players that encouraged teamplay as it is clearly reflected in the stats you do not show us.

Hopefully in the future you will be more concious of actual skill in competitive gameplay as many of the terms used in this "Tournament" simply do not apply or make sense. Being on the board near the top causes headhunters almost every other game, I would really like to know how well I did with these people constantly hunting me, now we know how the devs feel.

To the rest of the competitiors, you all did amazing and now I know who to look out for in the field, congrats to all the winners and hopefully next time around we can see some skill based competitions. And to the dev that killed me, 1on1 anytime guy ill eat your little raven for lunch!

#44 Rumble Chicken

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Ok true ehh..... cumulative statistics means some fought their azez off and well, I felt it ...

#45 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

This competition was irresponsible PGI. You've effectively promoted excessive gameplay in a short space of time when instead u could have used aggregate scores. Yet another poor decision. I hope u actually use this data to identify uber builds and balance them. This is a joke.

#46 Bizarre Jay

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Well done to all the winners, was interesting to take part

Any chance our final scores will be added to our profiles?

#47 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostBizarre Jay, on 26 February 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Well done to all the winners, was interesting to take part

Any chance our final scores will be added to our profiles?

Perhaps change the forum member status from just member to "MechWarrior Champion - Overall," ect for the people who won so they can get recognition on the forums as well as inside the game.

Maybe even something for us top 25 players? :rolleyes:

#48 Slaytronic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

I enjoyed the weekend, I pretty much gave up Saturday night said it wasn't worth it. In 7th place I went to bed on Sunday I had fun just playing around not grinding with all the people in the upper tiers. Saw some entertaining things, at one point I was playing every other game with wispy him and his damn "Your lives, I claim them" and a bunch of other guys It was fun I felt like the game actually had a community then. Instead of just playing with my guys all the time, I had the chance to play with the public. I cannot remember all your names but thank you for the fun times guys and I do not mind if PGI does this again.

#49 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

are you kidding me....when you said you were gonna realease some interesting stats I hoped it would be a bit more...interesting. Who cares how much damage everyone did in total the whole freaking weekend....seriously this is really disappointing. I would love to see some of my own stats that would give me some idea of how i actually did. I know this won't help everyone as i suspect some did not play quite as honorably as they should have, but I did, specifically for the reason of being able to look at my stats after the event was over to judge how i did.

I went into this event thinking that it was just to give ELO a quick injection and was fine with that but to hold a tournament and not even release the stats of the top 5 or 10 is just plain silly and makes me feel like I wasted most of my weekend. I am not usually hard on you guys as I know you have a lot on your plate but this just sucks. I realize i didn't finish in the top 10 but i'm just saying that no one got to look at their stats. Please tell me you guys are compiling data or something and plan to release this in the future....please tell me this.

P.S. congrats to all the winners, I am not showing my dissappointment to take anything away from you, I just think it would be nice to have a better idea of how we did individually...maybe i should have seen this coming, in any even,t congrats all, and to the ones I met, well fought and thanks for being so nice in game. Don't think I met a single person this weekend who was mean or rude and that was very refreshing. Good showing for all involved.

Edited by Pat Kell, 26 February 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#50 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostTzeentch, on 26 February 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

I won't forget. I want to thank all the members of SoR, especially Mongoose Company, Lance leader Damon Howe, Karbomb who joined me, Sgt Helmet, FluffyPinkBunny, Magnus, Hunter Gamma and everyone else who broke the silence of our tournament teamspeak channel to wish me and Karbomb goodluck. You guys are probably the most social and diverse gaming community I have ever been a part of, and went out of your way to encourage us and keep us going (blasting eye of the tiger in the channel at random helped helped more than you probably thought it would).

Way to represent Tzeentch, we were happy to have someone to cheer on throughout the tourny! You and Karbomb were (are :rolleyes:) a riot and we're proud as hell to have you in our ranks!

As for the stats...well, pretty much what I expected to see. Would've loved to see individual stats, but I realize depending on the program(s) used to measure said stats it might not have been possible. Anyways, great weekend gents and see you all on the field!...though maybe not too soon, I'm sure some of you probably want nothing to do with MWO for a while. :P

#51 ciller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 486 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostNostram, on 26 February 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

There are a few people I would love to see a breakdown of total time in each of their matches and if they disconnected before or after their death. *grins*

Were you the one blaming me of disconnecting before dying to preserve my KDR in game today? First, no. Second, KDR is pointless especially since a wipe is coming. Thrid, KDR is pointless! Fourth, I do not mind if they release any and all stats on my account, for this tourney. In fact I would find all the stats on everyone and myself quite interesting to look at. Especially chassis stats!

I tried as hard as I could for as long as I could while getting as many matches in as I could. If I died I would disconnect right after and start up a new match, waiting in observatory mode does not make you any points. At no point did I disconnect before death for any reason though I think once I did disconnect, i forget why but at the time my brain was fuzzy from no sleep.

Here are my non-juked stats, though I do admit that i drop almost exclusively in groups except for this weekend (which I remind you, my KDR went up from 3.33 to 3.49):

Posted Image

#52 Nostram

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Was not in any way thinking of you Ciller. I do not believe anyone who agrees with my statement are thinking of you either. No need to be defensive in regards to me.

Edit: Or in regards to your rank either. You were in it for the long hard grind, you earned your rank.

Edited by Nostram, 26 February 2013 - 03:54 PM.

#53 jay35

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for sharing this data. Very cool! Nice infographic as well. :rolleyes:

#54 CrashieJ

• 1,435 posts
  • LocationGalatea (Mercenary's Star)

so anywhere from 8,000 to 10,000 to maybe 12,000 play this game?

hmmm.

#55 ciller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 486 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

View PostNostram, on 26 February 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Was not in any way thinking of you Ciller. I do not believe anyone who agrees with my statement are thinking of you either. No need to be defensive in regards to me.

Edit: Or in regards to your rank either. You were in it for the long hard grind, you earned your rank.

Your name is really similar to a guy who was being all mean in game today and your post was very similar to his accusations so I may have jumped the gun. So sorry!

#56 Nostram

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

View Postciller, on 26 February 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

Your name is really similar to a guy who was being all mean in game today and your post was very similar to his accusations so I may have jumped the gun. So sorry!

I sent you a private message, this should help clear things up and keep it clean :rolleyes:

#57 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Congrats to the winners.

#58 Psychobunny

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 26 February 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

This was me when I quit.. after I knew I couldn't play for 72 hours. I used nothing but the founders atlas, never touched the DDC.. so I win ...right guys?

Posted Image

no you didnt spam games fast and long enugh :rolleyes:

all "kidding" aside, good fun, i would love more of this though less messy, or at least not misleading, great fun though, got me realy into my hero mechs as well, but that could had ben done with the cbill bonus alone lol.

thx alot devs <3 maek moer !

#59 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

View Postgavilatius, on 26 February 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

so anywhere from 8,000 to 10,000 to maybe 12,000 play this game?

hmmm.

/sigh ...reading comprehension...

View PostBryan Ekman, on 26 February 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

We saw some excellent BattleMech combat through the course of the weekend, with over 100,000 players joining the 8,026 challenge participants in some epic battles.

So, maybe this is too fast and concise and needs to be elaborated into more easily digestible parts (for the slow of... digestion).
  • The period of time mentioned is "over the course of the weekend". This means he was talking about this past Sunday, Saturday, and more than likely also Friday when the event began.
  • During this time period, there were over 100,000 players in the game. That is, a number greater than 100,000. He doesn't specify how many exactly (and probably can't legally), but it was safe enough to say it was at least 100,000
  • These 100,000 players joined another 8,026 players (which is safe to give the exact number because the people that "opted in" are competing on a leaderboard that has to be visible).
  • These 8,026 players were the ones actually participating in the tournament. They are not included in the 100,000 number who were not participating in the tournament, even though they were still in the game and playing amongst the tournament participants.
To recap, there were at least a total of 108,026 players (probably more) over this weekend.

Edited by DirePhoenix, 26 February 2013 - 04:56 PM.

#60 Psychobunny

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • Locationsweden

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostPat Kell, on 26 February 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

are you kidding me....when you said you were gonna realease some interesting stats I hoped it would be a bit more...interesting. Who cares how much damage everyone did in total the whole freaking weekend....seriously this is really disappointing. I would love to see some of my own stats that would give me some idea of how i actually did. I know this won't help everyone as i suspect some did not play quite as honorably as they should have, but I did, specifically for the reason of being able to look at my stats after the event was over to judge how i did.

your wrong about "this wont help everyone", maby not for the devs but if they would show those stats, for everyone, than it would help everyone interested anyways, i would love to see how i did for messure, i was 299th or something when i loged off, but that dosent realy counf for **** in my book since it was based on how many games i played.. not that i played all weekend 100 %.. kinda missd the fact there was a torney..

Edited by Psychobunny, 26 February 2013 - 05:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users