#21 Seanamal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 05 March 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Depends on the package. 10 cents on the low end. Me personally, I prefer the strategy of having two shots over 1. I'm willing to sacrifice the space to gain a bit more of a tactical advantage.

Bryan,
Have you guys considered an alternate pricing scheme where the MC only version is available for purchase with c-bills but the price differential makes it so the MC version is much more attractive? IE MC= 25 Cbills= 250K? That way no one can argue that you've made the game p2w since free player can purchase the same upgrade but at a very unattractive price point?

#22 Inyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 332 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

So why don't we have to pay for ammo after matches? How does ammo magically not get used up while coolant does? Please don't do this. Just make the modules cost 6 million c-bills. You'll get your $$ from the premium times and cosmetics. Please.

#23 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 05 March 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

No. Arty and Air Strikes work differently.

Paul is going to post the details shortly.

Here's some highlights.
  • There are cooldown timers. Cooldown timers make sure there is a space between shots and prevents a team coordinating a single massive strike.
  • CB Version does more damage but is slower to target. 10,000 CB
  • Version does less damage but is faster to target. 25
  • Only one of each can be equipped.
  • Only one user per match.
  • Consumed when used.

I want to hug you, Bryan. You may have just been upgraded to my favorite Bryan.

#24 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostSeanamal, on 05 March 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

Bryan,
Have you guys considered an alternate pricing scheme where the MC only version is available for purchase with c-bills but the price differential makes it so the MC version is much more attractive? IE MC= 25 Cbills= 250K? That way no one can argue that you've made the game p2w since free player can purchase the same upgrade but at a very unattractive price point?

We have.

Right now 1 MC = 2500 CB. All non-Hero mechs prices follow this model.

But for consumables we wanted ANY player to be able to use the CB version, at the current conversions it would have cost 62,500 for the Small Coolant flush. When average non-premium time winning are around 80K, we felt this punished the free player too much.

#25 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Please consider seperate slots for consumables, dont take away module slots, some mechs only have two max, and some four... also module slots already have their uses.
Choosing between module or consumables are like choosing between apples or oranges.. Its single use item vs all match item. Not even the same category, then why the same slot?

Edit:
To all reading this, he replied here:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2007211

Edited by Chavette, 05 March 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#26 Yokaiko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,775 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

So slide the scale.

You had to know this was going to be a shitstorm.

#27 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostYokaiko, on 05 March 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

So slide the scale.

You had to know this was going to be a shitstorm.

Yes. :lol:

#28 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

Bryan, why not have them all cost cbills OR mc? With the third rank costing a lot more cbills than the others?

Just asking since their are players who don't want to spend any money, an even though its only 25 mc, people still will leave or be unhappy.

Edited by Ashnod, 05 March 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#29 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 05 March 2013 - 10:38 AM, said:

Depends on the package. 10 cents on the low end. Me personally, I prefer the strategy of having two shots over 1. I'm willing to sacrifice the space to gain a bit more of a tactical advantage.

If you really need coolant, you can clearly make the most out of 35% anyway.

And that's the problem.

#30 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 05 March 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

We have.

But for consumables we wanted ANY player to be able to use the CB version, at the current conversions it would have cost 62,500 for the Small Coolant flush. When average non-premium time winning are around 80K, we felt this punished the free player too much.

having this game mechanic for MC at all punishes players too much

#31 Inyc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 332 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:53 AM

When average non-premium time winning are around 80K, we felt this punished the free player too much.

This system punishes everyone. Including yourselves. Please don't do it. Stick to what you currently have, its good, it works. High c-bill cost, limited use per game.

#32 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

I don't want to turn this into 2 Feedback Thread 2 Furious, but I just wanted to chip in that I'm a fan of the low cbill costs on Tier 1 and Tier 2 coolant and the limits on airstrike stacking, but that it does really sound like the MC version is significantly better because of module slot efficiency. I don't feel like what we've seen looks significantly unbalanced, but I do feel like a lot of concerns could be addressed if the Tier 3 version was at least available for cbills, even at that 62,500 price point.

Edited by Royalewithcheese, 05 March 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#33 Seanamal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

We have.

Thanks Bryan, I personally am going to hold off judgment on whether the consumables are "p2w" until I get a chance to see them in action first hand. But from what you've said today it seems they are fairly well balanced and don't give a massive edge. I also appreciate you guys need to make money on this game so we, the fans, can keep playing it. Just do what you can to make sure that a free player is more or less on even terms with a paying player and I'm happy.

#34 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

View PostInyc, on 05 March 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

So why don't we have to pay for ammo after matches? How does ammo magically not get used up while coolant does? Please don't do this. Just make the modules cost 6 million c-bills. You'll get your $$ from the premium times and cosmetics. Please.

Because they tried the R&R for ammo, and it first led to no one using ammo based weapons, and then when they gave welfare 75%, made people just welfare all their ammo and never paid for it.

#35 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostAshnod, on 05 March 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

Bryan, why not have them all cost cbills OR mc? With the third rank costing a lot more cbills than the others?

See my previous post about punishing the Free player. The cost would need to be prohibitive to create enough friction to make a player want to spend MC. Instead we decide to make the system accessible to all, and create a value proposition difference between the two types. Value Tactics, go CB, value damage, go CB. Value space and variety, go MC. We weighted the value heavily to the free player, but made sure there was still a reason, albeit not a power reason to go the MC route.

#36 benth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:56 AM

This needs to be addressed.

Posted Image

#37 Vila deVere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:57 AM

Question:

If a consumable is not used in a match, is it available for the next match?

#38 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

But why do you need coolant in the first place? DHS are already playing well, and SHS might need some buff like this, it just doesn't make any sense to offer this across the board.

Edited by Monky, 05 March 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#39 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

View PostVila deVere, on 05 March 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Question:

If a consumable is not used in a match, is it available for the next match?

Yes! Absolutely!

#40 Gihzmo

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationVirginia

View PostBryan Ekman, on 05 March 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

See my previous post about punishing the Free player. The cost would need to be prohibitive to create enough friction to make a player want to spend MC. Instead we decide to make the system accessible to all, and create a value proposition difference between the two types. Value Tactics, go CB, value damage, go CB. Value space and variety, go MC. We weighted the value heavily to the free player, but made sure there was still a reason, albeit not a power reason to go the MC route.

Bryan, while I am not entirely convinced that this is a good thing. I really appreciate you getting on the forums and talking to us. I think that is more then we get from most developers.

So, thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users