Welcome To The "goldmountain Mining Area" (Cry-Sdk Fanmap)

82 replies to this topic

#1 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

Hy mechwarrior,

need a little break from my own project so i decided to do a MWO based map for training my skills inside the cry-sdk.

This huge map (3km from mining entrace to the other) should cover the feel of Forest Colony but i decided to do more options for gameplay.
The middle-area of this map contains a little forest with a hole in the middle. Both mining entrances (playerbases) are connected to this hole with a cave system.

But the miners dig to much and to near to the ground level, so they are some holes in the forest that connect the ground level to the cavesystem. A great place for a scout to look for enemys coming trought the caves and do a backstab witch your team :D

In this map i will try to use only the existing MWO map-assets.
I will show you my progress here.

Remember! This is not a playable map, its only for personel training!

A first screen as a little sneak ;)

Posted Image

Edited by Allfex, 07 March 2013 - 05:50 AM.

#2 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:22 AM

View PostAllfex, on 07 March 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

cavesystem.

I like it already

#3 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:52 AM

Little vista for you... have set the view distance very high ;) It's 7.30 in the morning, looks good at night too :D

Atm i have painted 2 layers in based on slope angles. Still pretty unsure with the lightning.

Atm blur cuts in at 700m.

Tell me what you think!

Posted Image

Edited by Allfex, 07 March 2013 - 04:53 AM.

#4 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

Do want. Curious how the cave system looks.

#5 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 07 March 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

Do want. Curious how the cave system looks.

Haha...me too :)

Have two concepts in mind but i'm still unsure if i do the complete cavesystem with voxels or meshes or a mix of both or only meshes. Performence side the voxels are not the best to do such big cavesystem but since this map is not for play, i have not too look so much on performance.

Edited by Allfex, 07 March 2013 - 07:55 AM.

#6 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Enough for today ;)

another vista

Posted Image

#7 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:57 AM

Hey,

after blocking out some areas and placing some trees in the forest to get a feel for the scene i decided that these map is way to huge to do a nice detailed forest with a cavesystem, maybe a little lake, some waterfalls and so on.
I will export the hightmap again and bring it to worldmaschine and resize it... i think making it half as big is a good way to go.

Would love to hear a word from a def in things of terrainscale for MWO but i think they would not share the info.

So, back to sculping :ph34r:

Posted Image

#8 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

You should put a Dragon next to that M1A1. Both are about 60 tons, so it would be interesting to see the relative sizes of the two.

The mechs seem so much bigger. I think they are using some space age futuristic polymers to achieve super light weights/stronger materials.

#9 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:12 AM

Heffay's Dragon to Abrams scale.
Spoiler

And nice work there, OP.
Just a question. Are you using just the props from gamefiles or even some of your own/modding community?

Edited by Adridos, 08 March 2013 - 10:15 AM.

#10 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostAdridos, on 08 March 2013 - 10:12 AM, said:

And nice work there, OP.
Just a question. Are you using just the props from gamefiles or even some of your own/modding community?

Hm... cant use my project-assets for the cryengine since these assets are for the unrealengine... had to redo all scaling/textures for cryengine.

I try to use the assets from MWO but there are some problems... the terraintextures for example.

Finishd the work in Worldmaschine...have resized the heightmap and, played a bit with it and exported 8 maps.

Next... paintingtime in gimp :P

Output from WorldMaschine...like it so far.

Posted Image

Edited by Allfex, 08 March 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#11 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

If only PGI would/could find a way to work with dedicated fans on this stuff. Your map looks great. Keep the work coming!

If it's a mining area maybe some bulldozers, large mining equiptment, train carts full of ore.

#12 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Ready with the surfacetexture and the new heightmap. Importet all in the engine and have done a very low resulution surface texture generation. Above this surface texture i paint the detail-textures later.

This is a pic inside the cryengine... generated texture resolution 2048 with low quality, final resolution is much, much higher :D

Posted Image

This is the Highres-texture i have made.

Posted Image

#13 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 09 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

It's such a beautiful map. I can only hope Piranha puts out maps similar to this in the future! I mean, actual COLORS!

#14 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 09 March 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

It's such a beautiful map. I can only hope Piranha puts out maps similar to this in the future! I mean, actual COLORS!

I hope so, i think they will put more color in the alien-like-maps :P.

I think my workflow and PGI'S one are slightly different. They use the faster way. They paint directly with slope-angles over the hole terrain and do detail later and have a great control over the texture-colors/saturation.

I paint the detailmap also in slopeangles but have not so much control over the color because a great part in coloration comes from the big terraintexture (above). This means if i do something wrong with the terraintexture and have a green color in a area who are rocks than i get green rocks in the detailpainting and have to paint it again

Hard to explain :blink:

#15 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Painted the detail in and put in some static's.

The biggest problem with this map is the scaling reference. Would love to test this out from a mech kind of view but...

Little vista from the middle of the map. Atm the color and saturation fits not really to mwo :)

Posted Image

#16 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:06 AM

It looks nice. And if you have the gamefiles imported into CryEngine, you cna just slap in some mech and get into it's cockpit. They are always in the same place as the real cockpit except for few like Atlas, for instance.

#17 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

View PostAdridos, on 10 March 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

It looks nice. And if you have the gamefiles imported into CryEngine, you cna just slap in some mech and get into it's cockpit. They are always in the same place as the real cockpit except for few like Atlas, for instance.

Jap...have done this with a raven but its sadly not the same as when you are in a "real" one but driving araound with the tank or the hum makes a lot of fun too :)
If someone interessted i try to do a little movie.

#18 kevin roshak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 304 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

This is amazing...

#19 Team Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostAllfex, on 10 March 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

Painted the detail in and put in some static's.

The biggest problem with this map is the scaling reference. Would love to test this out from a mech kind of view but...

Little vista from the middle of the map. Atm the color and saturation fits not really to mwo :D

Posted Image

Dude. How did you get to this from that first picture. Holy cow! That looks AMAZING! PGI should pay you MC to make their maps! Man, all that's as only one guy, nice work!

View PostAllfex, on 10 March 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Jap...have done this with a raven but its sadly not the same as when you are in a "real" one but driving araound with the tank or the hum makes a lot of fun too :P
If someone interessted i try to do a little movie.

IM INTERESTED!

#20 Allfex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostTeam Leader, on 10 March 2013 - 01:43 PM, said:

Dude. How did you get to this from that first picture. Holy cow! That looks AMAZING! PGI should pay you MC to make their maps! Man, all that's as only one guy, nice work!

IM INTERESTED!

Thank you for your kind words but at the moment this is nothing special...with a bit of training you can do that too ;)

Will do a video soon.

Edited by Allfex, 10 March 2013 - 04:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users