Jump to content

Module: Emergency Field Repairs


83 replies to this topic

#1 zverofaust

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

So I found this interesting bit on SARNA.NET authoritative authority on all things BattleTech LORE:

Quote

Noting the ablative nature of the armor, most vehicle designers have designed the armor for quick repairs on most units. In game terms, armor is repaired at the rate of 15 minutes per point of armor.


So, let's have it then!

Have a module that calls in an emergency field repair team. Maybe some sort of automated flying drone. You call it in and it comes flying to you and hovers over your head, and when you power down, it starts repairing your armour. Maybe it repairs like 50% of total max armour. So if you're at 25% armour, it'll repair it to 75%; if you're at 50% it'll repair to 100%. If you're at 0 it'll repair it to 50%.

It wouldn't repair internals, just armour. It'd basically be a Repair Bot, coming to slap some more ablative armour on you.

That it requires you to power down (and leave yourself vulnerable) for a few seconds is a good "weakness".

#2 Aethon

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,137 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida, US

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

No, thank you.

Nothing personal, but this could easily be abused by lights that can run way off to the other end of the map, repair, then be right back in action.

Edited by Aethon, 07 March 2013 - 03:54 PM.


#3 Vahnn

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationFargo

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

No!

A thousand times, NO!

Please... No.

#4 zverofaust

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostAethon, on 07 March 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

No, thank you.

Nothing personal, but this could easily be abused by lights that can run way off to the other end of the map, repair, then be right back in action.


How is that abusive? That would literally be using it for its intended purpose.

#5 Zyllos

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I see no difference between this and Coolant Flush (which is why I am against it)...

#6 Hayden

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • Phoenix Overlord
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Ew, gross...

#7 Voridan Atreides

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Postzverofaust, on 07 March 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:


How is that abusive? That would literally be using it for its intended purpose.


And that would literally put them at a giant advantage.

#8 Psikez

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

Sooo you activate it and shut down for the whole match and then gain a point of armor? :ph34r:

#9 CoffiNail

    Oathmaster

  • Legendary Founder
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 3,987 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

*cough* HAWKEN *cough*

#10 vrok

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

Great idea, but only because of the satisfaction I will derive from seeing the pro consumables people struggle with this one. Haha :ph34r:

DEVS GOTTA GET PAID SOMEHOW!!1½

Edited by vrok, 07 March 2013 - 04:02 PM.


#11 unusedname

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Postzverofaust, on 07 March 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Maybe some sort of automated flying drone. You call it in and it comes flying to you and hovers over your head, and when you power down, it starts repairing your armour. Maybe it repairs like 50% of total max armour. So if you're at 25% armour, it'll repair it to 75%; if you're at 50% it'll repair to 100%. If you're at 0 it'll repair it to 50%.

It wouldn't repair internals, just armour. It'd basically be a Repair Bot, coming to slap some more ablative armour on you.

That it requires you to power down (and leave yourself vulnerable) for a few seconds is a good "weakness".

I hear too much Hawken.

#12 Stone Profit

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

View Postzverofaust, on 07 March 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

So I found this interesting bit on SARNA.NET authoritative authority on all things BattleTech LORE:



So, let's have it then!

Have a module that calls in an emergency field repair team. Maybe some sort of automated flying drone. You call it in and it comes flying to you and hovers over your head, and when you power down, it starts repairing your armour. Maybe it repairs like 50% of total max armour. So if you're at 25% armour, it'll repair it to 75%; if you're at 50% it'll repair to 100%. If you're at 0 it'll repair it to 50%.

It wouldn't repair internals, just armour. It'd basically be a Repair Bot, coming to slap some more ablative armour on you.

That it requires you to power down (and leave yourself vulnerable) for a few seconds is a good "weakness".

NO.

#13 Tincan Nightmare

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 687 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

OMG, don't give them ideas like this, they may see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r:

#14 Voridan Atreides

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 07 March 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

*cough* HAWKEN *cough*


No Hawken please.

#15 CoffiNail

    Oathmaster

  • Legendary Founder
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 3,987 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostVoridan Atreides, on 07 March 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:


No Hawken please.

No, this sort of crap is IN hawken...

#16 Team Leader

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,221 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Good one zevrofaust, gooood one

#17 Voridan Atreides

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 07 March 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

No, this sort of crap is IN hawken...


Yeah I know. Thats why I said no Hawken please. I don't want MWO to turn into Hawken.

#18 Mercules

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • 4,109 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

Hey... I heard there is this game that does this... Go play it.


If you really insist though. I am okay with you shutting down your mech to repair 2 points of armor(gotta double the value) of armor while standing there for 15 minutes.

#19 Vassago Rain

    Member

  • Elite Founder
  • Phoenix Storm
  • Phoenix Storm
  • 12,244 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

I like this. It truly lets us bring in the hawken audience, and since it's on sarna, you know it's legit.

#20 Otto Cannon

    Member

  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Posted Image





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users