Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

well i plan to get a elite founders pack reguardless ;) :P

#42 RangerRob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationEarthworks Inc., Cataphract Plant, Tikonov

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:43 AM

To support the game...

As an added bonus. i like the pointy nosed Catapult a little better than the stock one. Love them both actually, but the founders one looks closer to the tabletop mini.

#43 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:45 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 30 May 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

Everyone can BUY an Elite Founders Package. Don't be surprised when you see a "lot" of those "no one else has one'" types running around.

For now! But as the game grows bigger and bigger, new players will come and we'll look all kind of badass in our elite Mechs ;)

#44 Kittygrinder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRocking the boat.

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:51 AM

Im spending the $60 because i get $80 worth of in game currency AND a mech that gives extra cbills when i use it AND a founders tag that i can troll people with AND because these people deserve to make money off of me.

#45 Ross486

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

I want to buy the elite founders for one of the cool Mech designs like the Hunchback or the Catapult. Second i also want to support PGI for making a battletech series comeback.

#46 MercPilot

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama, USA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:05 AM

View PostCruxshadow, on 30 May 2012 - 05:08 AM, said:

Don't forget the t-shirt...

OK, now I'm in for sure.

#47 RSharpe

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

So when are we going to be able to buy these packs, and will it be possible to buy them as gifts for other people to get them into the game?

#48 Thaurien

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 40 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:12 AM

For myself, the price is well worth it. It's a Mechwarrior game that i can enjoy for a good amount of time. It's far less then a night out drinking, and not as many regrets in the morning.

I almost feel guilty if i didn't support a company that is making me feel this excited about an online game again.

#49 trycksh0t

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationUmm...in a building..on a road. I think.

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

View PostRacerX, on 30 May 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

First we need to clear something up. You are not getting anything for free by purchasing a Founders Package. You are exchanging money for something in return. I wish folks would stop falling prey to the marketing speak.

Before I go all commando on the Founders package I want more information about what C-Bills are used for and how often I will be required to fill my C-bill coffers. What exactly does "Premium" buy me that Free to Play excludes me from? Why is this a good deal? How far will $80 in C-bills get me in this game? Can we get some hard data please?

If you ask many of the die-hard BattleTech fans on the forums, we are infact getting all those bonuses for free, because if PGI came on and said "Hey, we need some extra funds to keep things going through launch, and for getting additional servers set-up and what not, can you guys help us out?" we would still throw our money at them and ask for nothing in return aside from a great product. The Founder's packages items are just icing on the cake, and will attract others who may not be AS rabid as others, but for many those packages are just a nice gift from PGI.

As for the in-game currency bonus, I read that as the MechCredits, the currency you get for paying cash. C-bills are earned through playtime, they're the regular currency for buying stuff. MechCredits are for buying special stuff, such as hula girls.

And lastly, "Premium" account status, I'm assuming, offers a C-bill, Pilot XP, and Mech XP boost for every match as long as it's active.

#50 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:16 AM

View Posttrycksh0t, on 30 May 2012 - 07:14 AM, said:

If you ask many of the die-hard BattleTech fans on the forums, we are infact getting all those bonuses for free, because if PGI came on and said "Hey, we need some extra funds to keep things going through launch, and for getting additional servers set-up and what not, can you guys help us out?" we would still throw our money at them and ask for nothing in return aside from a great product. The Founder's packages items are just icing on the cake, and will attract others who may not be AS rabid as others, but for many those packages are just a nice gift from PGI.

As for the in-game currency bonus, I read that as the MechCredits, the currency you get for paying cash. C-bills are earned through playtime, they're the regular currency for buying stuff. MechCredits are for buying special stuff, such as hula girls.

And lastly, "Premium" account status, I'm assuming, offers a C-bill, Pilot XP, and Mech XP boost for every match as long as it's active.

well i just wanted to answer "because i wanna honour the great work on this game so far and give it a push for the future to be even greater"...

but i´ll take the quote xD

#51 Nexx Nisshoko

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAnn Arbor, Mi

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

The game is free to play, but I would have happily paid for the game anyways. That said… I am thrilled to give money back to help ensure the game is successful. The extra stuff is all just icing on the cake.

#52 Damecles

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 55 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta. Canada

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:20 AM

As it has been said, "Shut up and Take my Money!" I was a huge supporter of the 3025, and it broke my heart that it didn't come out. So if by buying the founders package helps keep this game around for a long time, it's worth it. If I get some cool stuff outta it, then it's a bonus:) I have never played a "free-to-play" game before, so I am used to spending $60-$150 for a new game anyway. I been paying for Eve-Online since '05, and I don't see myself quiting that game ever (cause it just keeps getting better and better). Thats what I would like to see for this game, more content and mechs for the future (to see the Clans added would be pretty sweet!) and things like that takes money.

#53 Chuckie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:22 AM

Answer (D) All the Above..

#54 BulletChief

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 292 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:28 AM

well...
i would buy it if there was an european 60€-equivalent...

i don't see myself buying a NA package -.-

#55 Soulless One

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

View PostFaustianQ, on 30 May 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

I'm in this boat, but I'd like someway to show my support. I'd love it if they had some form of MWO merchandise, so I could buy T-shirts, hats, coffee mugs, mouse pads, mice, keyboards, joysticks, key-chains, book stands, lava lamps, desk lights, pens and pencils, sketch pads, post it notes, headsets, laptop covers, 1:48 scale models of ingame mechs, concept art books, soundtracks, MWO themed energy shots, House flags, heck I'd even buy a complete UI overhaul for Windows 7/8 to make it MWO themed.

no to mention MechWarrior Online, the Flamethrower

#56 HepatitisTK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSpace-Jello!

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

Hmm....

Spend $60 for the elite package

Pros:
Mech
Monies
Supporting the game
Feeling badass
Possible T-Shirt

Cons:
Possible food shortage for a week
Definite and severe beating from the wife

I feel that the pros outweigh the cons! ;)

#57 Preditorian

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:33 AM

I dont understand why you would not want to support a company who jumped through all the hoops to get us this game. I would have given them the $60 for far less than what is being offered, but I will not complain with the generious goodies that they saw fit to allow us to have for supporting them. I do not think that the percentage of people who buy the package will effect the game in any way.

But I will say thanks for creating the game, and fork over my $60 regardless.

#58 Despaxas

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

If this was just a giant robot game I wouldn't buy the package. But Its the Battletech Universe. When Mechwarrior 2 came out I went and upgraded my computer to have a CD drive, just so I could buy and play it. At great as the devs seem to be, they are not going to do this if it is not profitable. So I see me buying a package is a way of supporting them in doing what I like.

and Oh and I totally love the Succession war T-shirt idea.

*nod to Atayu for pointing out my error

Edited by Despaxas, 30 May 2012 - 08:03 AM.

#59 Sassori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 884 posts
  • LocationBlackjack

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

None of the founders mechs really appeal to me, I just want to help make sure the game is successful. the 80$ in C-Bills alone and 2 months of premium (Since I'll probably just get premium anyways) was enough to seal the deal.

#60 MadBoris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:37 AM

"Why buy Elite founders?"

One simple reason is to get ahead of others.

I am waiting for the "Free to Play" game to be rolled out, then I'll play it and see if it's any good.
I am not an investor in developers ideas and promises, waiting for a real product.

Edited by MadBoris, 30 May 2012 - 07:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users