Why buy Elite founders?

118 replies to this topic

#21 Bylak

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

Honestly I'm more interested in supporting the devs than the goodies you get. I mean the goodies are great don't get me wrong, but I remember being so disappointed when MPBT3025 got the axe. I want this one to succeed!

#22 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:27 AM

"Exclusive custom "Founder's BattleMech." This 'Mech includes a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster. "

From http://mwomercs.com/...ation-inception

So yeah, it's just for the Mech, but I plan to spend a *lot* of time in a Jenner, so go me! =D

#23 Max Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

View PostWilliam Petersen, on 30 May 2012 - 05:27 AM, said:

"Exclusive custom "Founder's BattleMech." This 'Mech includes a lifetime, per-match C-Bill booster. "

From http://mwomercs.com/...ation-inception

So yeah, it's just for the Mech, but I plan to spend a *lot* of time in a Jenner, so go me! =D

Yup, read it my self. That is still cool though. Honestly, why wouldn't you want to play a sexy mech nobody else after launch wont have and it gives you more cbills. Which lets you buy more crap in the store and tryout more builds faster than other people,

#24 MungFuSensei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 254 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:33 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 30 May 2012 - 05:06 AM, said:

Everyone can BUY an Elite Founders Package. Don't be surprised when you see a "lot" of those "no one else has one'" types running around.

WoT had preorder tanks, and they are quite rare to see nowadays. Remember, they aren't premium bonuses, they are preorder bonuses, so as the game gets older, they get more valuable. That is, if you're into e-peen measuring.

#25 Raptor8009

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 148 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, Tn

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:37 AM

I agree with all of you. I will support this because

a. I want too.

b. who doesnt want to pilot a Giant Robot

c. It appears to be a good deal and I want the Tshirt.

#26 irish

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:37 AM

Buying the founders package boils down to two things.
1)Get cool stuff. (and is there really a t-shirt?)
2) PGI makes money and adds more thing into the game.

#27 Renan Ruivo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 541 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:40 AM

Answering to the question on the title, personally i still haven't decided if i'll get the Elite or just the Veteran. Because DIablo 3. (It gets released on the 7th here on Brazil).

But what attracts me the most are the 80 moneys worth of in-game money, which is an absolute bargain. That and the mech, of course.

About wanting to help the devs well that goes without saying, but its not my main motivation. I say this because i'm quite positive that i'll continue to throw cash at them well after the game goes live. Just like i do with WoT. And if MWO is WoT + Mechs, its a game system i like with a fiction setting i love, so ... hehe. Goodbye money.

Edited by Renan Ruivo, 30 May 2012 - 05:42 AM.

#28 Sadnebula

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

I'll give em a shot, show a little faith. As long as it doesn't turn into a money pit like WOT I'm good.

#29 BurningMercury

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 11 posts

i just wish us europeans had a chance to get this kind of fun but alas we must wait

#30 FaustianQ

• PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

View PostBylak, on 30 May 2012 - 05:26 AM, said:

Honestly I'm more interested in supporting the devs than the goodies you get. I mean the goodies are great don't get me wrong, but I remember being so disappointed when MPBT3025 got the axe. I want this one to succeed!

I'm in this boat, but I'd like someway to show my support. I'd love it if they had some form of MWO merchandise, so I could buy T-shirts, hats, coffee mugs, mouse pads, mice, keyboards, joysticks, key-chains, book stands, lava lamps, desk lights, pens and pencils, sketch pads, post it notes, headsets, laptop covers, 1:48 scale models of ingame mechs, concept art books, soundtracks, MWO themed energy shots, House flags, heck I'd even buy a complete UI overhaul for Windows 7/8 to make it MWO themed.

#31 CompleteTanker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

I'll get a Founder mech so I can say.... "I was there man...that yellow button, it was always watching and waiting....but we kept on man....you don't know what it was like....I was there...."

;-)

#32 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

View PostMungFuSensei, on 30 May 2012 - 05:33 AM, said:

WoT had preorder tanks, and they are quite rare to see nowadays. Remember, they aren't premium bonuses, they are preorder bonuses, so as the game gets older, they get more valuable. That is, if you're into e-peen measuring.

I was actually hoping that they may run that sort of Bonus Mech purchase on a fairly regular basis. What better way to fill out ones Mech Hangar than with limited edition or "Second/Third/Fourth Edition" Founders Mechs... ;) lol

Edited by MaddMaxx, 30 May 2012 - 05:42 AM.

#33 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationState College, PA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

Take your pick...
  • epeen
  • C-Bill boost
  • unique mech
  • supporting Piranha
Personally, I choose C-Bill boost and supporting Piranha.

#34 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

First we need to clear something up. You are not getting anything for free by purchasing a Founders Package. You are exchanging money for something in return. I wish folks would stop falling prey to the marketing speak.

Before I go all commando on the Founders package I want more information about what C-Bills are used for and how often I will be required to fill my C-bill coffers. What exactly does "Premium" buy me that Free to Play excludes me from? Why is this a good deal? How far will $80 in C-bills get me in this game? Can we get some hard data please?

#35 Renan Ruivo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

View PostBurningMercury, on 30 May 2012 - 05:40 AM, said:

i just wish us europeans had a chance to get this kind of fun but alas we must wait

What do you mean?! Its not IP blocked. You just don't get "support", which means you don't get to complain about high ping and connection issues.

#36 Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationTallahassee, FL

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:45 AM

My only question is if we can buy multiples packs and add them to the same account, since I can't decide which mech I want more. Besides, I've been playing Mechwarrior games since the 1989 version, and have been more and more disappointed as time went by. They're mostly hitting the right notes with me on this, it needs to succeed and reinvigorate the IP so we can get more variety as more people join in the crowd.

#37 Renan Ruivo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostRacerX, on 30 May 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

First we need to clear something up. You are not getting anything for free by purchasing a Founders Package. You are exchanging money for something in return. I wish folks would stop falling prey to the marketing speak.

Before I go all commando on the Founders package I want more information about what C-Bills are used for and how often I will be required to fill my C-bill coffers. What exactly does "Premium" buy me that Free to Play excludes me from? Why is this a good deal? How far will $80 in C-bills get me in this game? Can we get some hard data please?

I'm somewhat new posting here on the forums, but have been reading for quite some time... As far as i can tell you, c-bills will be the in-game currency. It est, what you get after each match (Credits on WOT, if you will). Now, i believe (don't known for sure) that "premium" will only get you XP and C-Points boost for each match, just like it does on WoT.

So many things are similar to that game, can't see why this would be any different.

#38 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:51 AM

View PostErrtu, on 30 May 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

Posted Image

this lol

#39 Smellyshoes

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

I am doing it because I have wanted a mechwarrior mmo for over a decade. I will do all I can to help the game last. I would pay a monthly fee if that would help. I just want the game to be a success.

#40 Dorado

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern U.S.

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:33 AM

To clarify... in a recent interview it was stated that every new player would get their choice of one starter mech from one of the four weight classes. When i first read about the Founder's package and a choice of one of the four founder mechs, I had assumed it was an additional mech to put in our hangar. Is my assumption incorrect? Founder's package still only gets to start the game with one mech, we just get to choose one of the starter mechs with a shiny extra special skin/paintjob?

If so, does the mech selection in the founder's package basically tell us what any new player's choices of mechs are?

Regardless I'll be getting a founder's package to support Piranha and the bonus c-bills of course. I perhaps had just misunderstood how many mechs elite founders would start with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users