562 replies to this topic

#41 Captain Pee Sheets

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

This is absolutely fantastic! Thanks much! :-)

#42 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:19 AM

View PostCPT Hazel Murphy, on 15 March 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

Are they just going back to the old one?

Sorry, I don't know. It wasn't specified. It was just stated that it was being removed.

#43 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2064277

splash damage getting removed april 2nd

#44 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Developers: If you have 6 more mech chassis designs finished, why not step up the release of battlemechs?!

How about two a month? Let's get this show on the road. I'm seeing people lose interest due to lack of content. Seize the day! Lets get those mechs in the game and people playing.

edit:

Also, I see no mention of pre-arranged drops (i.e. duel mode or clan vs clan mode) unless I missed it... This has been stated multiple times in QAs that we will have... but it isn't in the list?

Edited by Mister Blastman, 15 March 2013 - 09:38 AM.

#45 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 15 March 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Developers: If you have 6 more mech chassis designs finished, why not step up the release of battlemechs?!

How about two a month? Let's get this show on the road. I'm seeing people lose interest due to lack of content. Seize the day! Lets get those mechs in the game and people playing.

edit:

Also, I see no mention of pre-arranged drops (i.e. duel mode or clan vs clan mode) unless I missed it... This has been stated multiple times in QAs that we will have... but it isn't in the list?

Bryan explains that in the NGNG Podcast link that I included.

View PostGevurah, on 15 March 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2064277

splash damage getting removed april 2nd

Thanks! I have that included now.

Edited by Syllogy, 15 March 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#46 BLUPRNT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 616 posts
  • LocationLake Something or Other, WA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

Mods please pin this.

Shameless Bump! ;)

Nice work OP, nice work!

I did not know all this was coming or to be speculated. And I troll here alot.

#47 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

"Trainng Ground (Different from Testing Ground"

For clarification, I'd add that this is a tutorial mode for new cadets that will have tutorial objectives.

According to NGNG Podcast 64.

#48 Sir Roland MXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Just out of curiousity, where did the "6 mech chassis are 100% finished and ready for announcement / release" info come from?

Only reason I ask isn't that I don't trust the info, it's just that - obviously there's a source of info that I overlooked / haven't read yet / forgot about / etc, and it'd be nice to know where to look in the future.

It's reassuring to see that though. Some of those are probably Clan mechs, I'd bet. If so, that means we won't have a stoppage in releases while they get them ready.

Edited by Sir Roland MXIII, 15 March 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#49 cmdr_scotty

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 118 posts
  • LocationOutreach Mech hanger B-201, Bay 15A

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 15 March 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

Just out of curiousity, where did the "6 mech chassis are 100% finished and ready for announcement / release" info come from?

Only reason I ask isn't that I don't trust the info, it's just that - obviously there's a source of info that I overlooked / haven't read yet / forgot about / etc, and it'd be nice to know where to look in the future.

It's reassuring to see that though. Some of those are probably Clan mechs, I'd bet. If so, that means we won't have a stoppage in releases while they get them ready.

I get the feeling that the whole 'clan invasion' is going to happen unannounced and be like a sudden shock to everyone. It makes sense that if they already have the clan mechs finished that they wouldn't want to tell us an exact date that they will be announced since that kinda pulls away from the whole 'invasion' sense.

#50 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostKoniving, on 15 March 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

Adding a note on the upcoming 'Mechs.

JagerMech (Heavy), Highlander (assault), Flea (Light), Blackjack (Medium), Orion (Heavy), Unannounced Assault

(Or! Highlander, Blackjack (Medium), Flea (Light), Orion (Heavy), Unannounced Assault)

(Source: Development and release pattern of BattleMechs thus far.)

The Flea could probably be moved back if MASC isn't completed. This has to coincide with removing the speed cap @ 150kph so that the Flea actually becomes a viable option (well, for survival anyways). It's easier to add a new mech.

#51 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostCarmaga, on 15 March 2013 - 03:38 AM, said:

PGI is doing one hell of a job: MWO has been in development from October 2011 and if you do rough count it's been 'work in progress' for ~2.5 years. And to create a really good game it takes usually 4 years to complete (eg. Crysis2). MWO will be a game I really want to play in 6 moths (3 years of development).

This is awesome!!! Thank you for great post and summary!

Actual development (the code work, the 3-d development, etc.) started closer to January. Although concepts, artwork, TT to RT translation, etc. did start as early as October.

#52 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 15 March 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

It's not going to be released until they balance clan weaponry and ESPECIALLY Clan DHS. My assumption here is that they will not have Clan DHS mirror IS DHS in heat dissipation. Frankly, I expect Clan DHS to be less efficient than IS DHS for the sake of balance.

#53 Arcturious

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 785 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Nice list, only thing missing I can pick is the Host State Rewind for Ballistics and Missiles. Don't think there is an eta on them yet though. Apologies if its in there and I missed it :(

#54 LinkIcefang

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

This is some pretty nice work! :)

#55 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

A dev had a post about Raven hitboxes being changed for today's patch. However, the thread containing the quote was moved/hidden...

Hopefully it will show up in the patch notes.

#56 KingNobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:37 AM

Devs, everything I ever wanted out of this game is on that list. Thank you. Thank you for making this game.

#57 Sedant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 243 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:48 AM

I haven't found any indication yet that achievements come online today. I noticed you updated it and it states that they do but I haven't found any other posts by PGI saying they do. Do they really go live today?

#58 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostSedant, on 19 March 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

I haven't found any indication yet that achievements come online today. I noticed you updated it and it states that they do but I haven't found any other posts by PGI saying they do. Do they really go live today?

They have been saying that they would go Live in March. However, they have not given a specific date, so if they don't make the Patch Notes today, they will be pushed back (again)

The next major update will either come tomorrow (NGNG Podcast) or on Friday (Ask the Devs 34 Answers), hopefully they will have some updated information on Achievements.

Edited by Syllogy, 19 March 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#59 James Montana

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 295 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for your time. I was hoping someone would do this. Thanks again.

#60 Sedant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 243 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the information man, keep up the good work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users