19 replies to this topic

#1 BoxOfAids

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMA, USA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

Hi guys, I've found that I really like mechs that do huge burst damage, even if it's not to sustainable. Splat cats are alright, and I reaaaally like dual AC20 cats. Even the swayback is fun, just because it dumps a pinpoint 40 damage alpha. I guess it's that I like the instant gratification of seeing tons of damage instantly, but in any case, I was looking for more similar builds to try! I'm looking into 5x PPC stalker when I can afford one, but I was wondering what other "cheese" builds people have come up with that behave similarly. Heavier mechs preferred, not to good on the quick ones, I always end up facing the wrong way and hitting walls when I'm not looking :P

Any suggestions are appreciated!

#2 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

My only suggestion is be prepared to get name changed.

#3 BoxOfAids

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMA, USA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostBiglead, on 08 March 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Why? It's been fine since I started, I posted occasionally during beta, nobody has mentioned anything or taken offense, never been banned for name before.

#4 Baltasar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Stalker 5m with 5 srm 6s and med lasers
Atlas d-dc with ac20/3 srm 6/ 2 med lasers
cataphract 2x - ac/20 2 srm6 and 2 med lasers (mini atlas)

Those are three heavier brawlers with some nice alpha strikes.

#5 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

The Highlander is going to be able to burst some deeps.

Two cannons, three SRM6, couple lasers. Or, one cannon and four missiles. Boom, sandpaper.

Blah, the two LB don't fit in that one, must be an Atlas.

Edited by Vermaxx, 08 March 2013 - 06:57 PM.

#6 Biglead

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

Don't forget the 2PPC and Gauss build for the Phract 3D. The 5 Srm stalker is a heart stopping sight when you come around a corner on it.

Edited by Biglead, 08 March 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#7 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

View PostBiglead, on 08 March 2013 - 06:49 PM, said:

Ive seen worse today in GD...

#8 BoxOfAids

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMA, USA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostBaltasar, on 08 March 2013 - 06:53 PM, said:

Stalker 5m with 5 srm 6s and med lasers
Atlas d-dc with ac20/3 srm 6/ 2 med lasers
cataphract 2x - ac/20 2 srm6 and 2 med lasers (mini atlas)

Those are three heavier brawlers with some nice alpha strikes.

ooooh I like these, I need some money to finagle with those

#9 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Thats pretty much all the cheese builds there are. The game would be better without them.

#10 Baltasar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostBoxOfAids, on 08 March 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

ooooh I like these, I need some money to finagle with those

They are solid builds and each have their advantages. The stalker is just a brutal alpha strike, that atlas has the ecm and the ability to pinpoint damage to an area with the ac/20 (along with a pretty nasty alpha) and the 2x is a nasty alpha strike in a heavy mech (easily outdone by the splatapult obivously) although its main advantage was back when you weight matching was imposed. They all run standard engines as well (can't see brawling with an xl. I lose my torsos way too fast).

#11 BoxOfAids

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMA, USA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

View PostTeralitha, on 08 March 2013 - 06:59 PM, said:

Thats pretty much all the cheese builds there are. The game would be better without them.

:P get out

#12 ParasiteX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:03 PM

Awesome 8R packing SRM6s and Large Lasers. Packs a high amount of burst and sustained damage.
Bit on the slow side. But has fast torso twists and large arms. Which makes it good at spreading around damage in between salvos.

#13 Baltasar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

Eh, I don't really see the atlas or the 2x as cheese really. I mean the Atlas was meant to be a melt your face mech and terror and both at least have a mix of the 3 weapon types. The 5m, maybe, but again, it's an assault class mech, its suppose to be can-o-whoop ***.

View PostParasiteX, on 08 March 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

Awesome 8R packing SRM6s and Large Lasers. Packs a high amount of burst and sustained damage.
Bit on the slow side. But has fast torso twists and large arms. Which makes it good at spreading around damage in between salvos.

Never played an awesome before, was never much of an assault mech player really, but most ones I know run xls, does that particular build as well? It sounds pretty nasty.

#14 p00k

• 1,661 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:05 PM

spoken like a loser who's bitter they can't compete with their lrm5+srm6+streak2+erppc+llas+machinegun+lbx10 non-ecm ddc atlas

#15 Vermaxx

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

Atlas DDC
standard 300 engine
two LB10x (or one AC20 if you don't like sandpaper)
ECM
three SRM6
two large laser
seven add'l double sinks
a lot of ammo

THAT was the build I wanted to do.

You could even get Artemis into those SRMs...

#16 ParasiteX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:07 PM

View PostBaltasar, on 08 March 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

Eh, I don't really see the atlas or the 2x as cheese really. I mean the Atlas was meant to be a melt your face mech and terror and both at least have a mix of the 3 weapon types. The 5m, maybe, but again, it's an assault class mech, its suppose to be can-o-whoop ***.

Never played an awesome before, was never much of an assault mech player really, but most ones I know run xls, does that particular build as well? It sounds pretty nasty.

Nope. The one i run packs just standard engine. So it has high surviveability. Assuming you're skilled enough to spread around damage with smart torso twisting.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7177c7ffba05ec3

The Artemis also makes the SRMs considerably more deadly at range. Asuming the target isn't moving around too much :P

#17 BoxOfAids

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 175 posts
  • LocationMA, USA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostParasiteX, on 08 March 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

Nope. The one i run packs just standard engine. So it has high surviveability. Assuming you're skilled enough to spread around damage with smart torso twisting.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7177c7ffba05ec3

The Artemis also makes the SRMs considerably more deadly at range. Asuming the target isn't moving around too much :P

This looks nifty as well, I had considered getting an 8R to round out my other 2 Awesomes, maybe I'll do that if it'll let me use this thing!

#18 ParasiteX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:33 PM

View PostBoxOfAids, on 08 March 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

This looks nifty as well, I had considered getting an 8R to round out my other 2 Awesomes, maybe I'll do that if it'll let me use this thing!

It's also very flexible in that you can re-configure it into a LRM-boat without changing any of the upgrades. Can easily pack 4xLRM15s :P Altough i pack the LRM boat variant with a XL engine. As you generally dont go in close range with such a build. Hence XLs will work fine. Assuming you avoid direct brawls.

But i find playing it as a SRM boat to be allot more fun

#19 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

View PostBoxOfAids, on 08 March 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Hi guys, I've found that I really like mechs that do huge burst damage, even if it's not to sustainable. Splat cats are alright, and I reaaaally like dual AC20 cats. Even the swayback is fun, just because it dumps a pinpoint 40 damage alpha. I guess it's that I like the instant gratification of seeing tons of damage instantly, but in any case, I was looking for more similar builds to try! I'm looking into 5x PPC stalker when I can afford one, but I was wondering what other "cheese" builds people have come up with that behave similarly. Heavier mechs preferred, not to good on the quick ones, I always end up facing the wrong way and hitting walls when I'm not looking :P

Stalker:
4 PPC + 4 SSRM + 1 AMS

Stalker:
4 LRM15 + 2ML + 2 AMS

Cat
4 SRM6 1 SRM4 + 4 JJ

#20 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostBoxOfAids, on 08 March 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Splatcat
anything with md las + srm + AC20 lol

I went from ****** damage with LRMs to 660 or so a match going from LRM boat to brawler
I see a lotta stalkers with all SRM6 and med lasers too

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 08 March 2013 - 07:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users