#1 Lex Peregrine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationPoznan, Sarna March, FC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

Hello PGI!

I would kindly beg you to give the lobbies priority in your timetable or whatver.

My team's number of active members had droped to half of what it was, im seeing allied teams falling apart, loosing interest in the game! ELO just screwed things up for us, we cant even do a 4 man sync drop, much less 8.

Please be aware that when a guy looses interest, stops playing for a while, he may eventually come back, but when a team is wiped out by loss of its players, its more unlikely to be re-created later.

#2 OneEyed Jack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

Yes, then we can Farm-ville, Mech Ed.

#3 Chemie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

They said after after CW (meaning don't expect it before 2014)

Honestly, I am surprised they are ignoring this. To me, MWO is a niche game where the developer should be catering to the community and fostering a community. This means top of the list should have been lobby and in-game chat. Now I do not need in-game chat but it would help pugs and team play. The lobby on the other hand, would allow the community to play tournies, in-clan matches and generally allow for good commuity building. Instead of allowing community run events, they run terrible, broken events as a stand-in. Dumb.

#4 Lex Peregrine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:15 AM

View PostChemie, on 14 March 2013 - 03:08 AM, said:

They said after after CW (meaning don't expect it before 2014)

Honestly, I am surprised they are ignoring this. To me, MWO is a niche game where the developer should be catering to the community and fostering a community. This means top of the list should have been lobby and in-game chat. Now I do not need in-game chat but it would help pugs and team play. The lobby on the other hand, would allow the community to play tournies, in-clan matches and generally allow for good commuity building. Instead of allowing community run events, they run terrible, broken events as a stand-in. Dumb.

Agreed!

I would have no problem waiting for CW if only we had a way to have some fun with other groups of our choosing, in leagues or not. This randomness is getting boring very fast!

#5 Ilwrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

View PostLex Peregrine, on 14 March 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

ELO just screwed things up for us, we cant even do a 4 man sync drop

4 man sync drop? What would be the point of that?

#6 Lex Peregrine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:55 AM

Ok I meant two groups of less than 4 people, when we dont have 8 guys, but the 6 present would like to play together all the same. That too hard to understand?

#7 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

I agree, the last time I truly had a great time playing this game was before before matchmaking kept groups together. To me it was really fun to tangle with your buddies with a few wildcards mixed in.

#8 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:12 AM

View PostLex Peregrine, on 14 March 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

Ok I meant two groups of less than 4 people, when we dont have 8 guys, but the 6 present would like to play together all the same. That too hard to understand?

Ah. Yeah Elo kinda try to prevent that kind of setups. Its very little fun for those you get to stomp you see.
I agree that lobby would solve it. Win-win for everybody.

Less focus on cockpit items and what not and more on useful game mechanics would have been great.

#9 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

View PostLex Peregrine, on 14 March 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

Awesome, ELO is doing something good.

#10 Ilwrath

• 1,195 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 14 March 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

Awesome, ELO is doing something good.

It is good that sync stomping is harder to do but there is a danger to this too. This game may actually need those lamers. The population is probably going down. I would not be surprised if most of the web communities, like SA, 4chan and reddit (nobody cares about reddit but I mentioned it here because I am so nice) is shrinking now that their glory days of pub stomping is gone. New similar games will also steal players and there is several now worth playing.

And add to that that also pubbies, like me, is starting to get burned out because of the slow development and lack of real new stuff and you get a pretty bad situation for this game.

I would really love to see some population numbers from the devs.

#11 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

imho lobbies & custom/private matches should come before CW. This would allow the MWO population to have a LOT more fun right now, and let us build hype, shoot videos and a lot more while everyone waits for CW.

Doing CW first, unless it hits in the next 2 months, MWO is more liable to have a very quiet summer and push into fall as there will be very little to do but continue testing, some new mechs & modules, etc.

plus with lobbies & custom matches OP stacking of stuff like 8 ECM per team & minmaxing would be identified earlier.

#12 Lex Peregrine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

Agreed.

And with lobbies, pug stomping might decrease, as many pre-made teams would be likely organizing private matches, and leave the pugs and lone wolves to make the best use of ELO.

#13 Argoz

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 78 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

Lobbies and in game chat are so very much needed. It's what kept the (very) old MultiPlayerBattletech: Solaris alive for so many years without any new content. It was the community that kept it alive. Take note PGI.

#14 grayson marik

• Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:30 AM

Wow, finally some people who get the win win factor of a lobby system...
Guess I was just a few weeks to soon with my suggestions ^^

+1 to OP

#15 Uriah Fable

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 21 posts
  • LocationRhode Island, USA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:36 AM

Lobbies would make all the difference in the world. As it stands now, the current matchmaking, (forget ELO, its totally screwed) forces people to try and deal with at a minimum, 4 random "we could care less about teamwork" pilots, or form 8 mans and drop against hardcore teams. Neither of these scenarios is conductive to teaching and training new members how to play as a team or how to adapt, build mechs and efficient load-outs.

I understand there was an issue with PUG stomping and that as a company PGI doesn't want to alienate new players or the possible cash flow they might bring but, is it really fair to force those that have been here since the start, those Founders and Players that supported this game from the beginning? Why are we forced to drop against pilots we would otherwise avoid?

Lobbies would give us a much need boost in playing the game WE want to play, whatever that may be. If PGI waits until 2014 to fix how matchmaking is accomplished, I fear it will be hollow footfalls we hear echo through the canyons and river-ways as there will be fewer and fewer pilots in mechs if it takes that long and without other content, substantial content (not these lame toureys of late) to keep us interested.

#16 BigJim

• 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:38 AM

I would happily trade Community Warfare, Factions, Planetary Assault, the entire galaxy-map game, and everything that goes with it, for a simple Lobby or Sever-browser type interface, just like every MP game since Quake-1 has enjoyed.

And I'd do it with a smile on my face.

Now the league is essentially over, there's no reason for me to even play any more without the above.

Edited by BigJim, 14 March 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#17 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:48 AM

Looks like the Murphy's Law armored column is hitting this thread :)

I'm throwing my two bits in for a lobby system as well, give players the ability to set certain drop options and include a "quick launch" button for the people that just want to go blow stuff up. I would really like to be able to have league games, or play against other teams that we are friendly with, or just shoot up the ML guys with lance vs lance games.

easy peasy.

#18 BlackJackRaider

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 84 posts
  • LocationThe nordic hinterland of the Midwest

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

I want two connected things here: Lobbies and the ability to put custom rules sets on games. What I mean is the ability to set options (think UT where you could select what weapon sets, maps, or even other modifiers) for a private game. Want to play all brawlers because you hate lrm spam? Set the option so there are no lock on weapons. Love to lrm and snipe people but hate ECM? Remove ECM from the matches. It would also help to be able to specifically set the map and game mode. For lolz, you could set 8 assaults per side on a Alpine conquest match, but it would be more fun for most people who want to run 8 brawlers if they could avoid that map/mode combination.

More options for groups of players would do a lot to help with what seem to be declining server populations.

#19 xlrdallas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

The only way they will start adding what we ask for is people like me that put alot of money into this game and even the people that just put a little money into this game stop putting money into this game, then they will be broke and have to give us some of the suff we want, not what they want, SPEAK WITH YOUR WALET

#20 Xendojo

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationThe Frequencies

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:12 AM

Iv'e been saying "hey....where is the da/\/\n lobby?!?!" since closed beta.

Not even a mention of it....not a peep.

This is incredibly bad that we are this far in and don't have chat lobbies. Lots of good suggestions and ideas in here, but F.F.S. PGI!!!! GIVE US THE LOBBIES ALREADY!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users