117 replies to this topic

#41 Fireye

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostPeiper, on 14 March 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

I THOUGHT I heard Bryan say (in the latest NGNG podcast) that Lobbies would be the first step in CW.

I do believe that Bryan said, in the NGNG video that came out today, that Lobbies will be coming in the next 90 days.

Group organization is coming around the same time, too.

#42 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

Said it before and I will repeat it again... We had lobbies in MPBT in what 1996/1997?! Why is this not possible in a new game 15 plus years later?

-k

#43 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 14 March 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

IMO the reason that game loby is not in is that they dont want the Third party Leagues to develop. If the Loby was introduced then 3rd party competitions like NBT would come into being and this i figure they see as a threat or competition to their planed CW.

In that case, they're putting their eggs in awfully few baskets.

#44 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:56 PM

A couple months ago, I asked one of the devs about lobbies/private matchmaking in one of NGNG's podcasts, and the answer I got was very vague, and did not even answer my question.

I sincerely hope the devs have reconsidered this, for the game's sake.

Edited by Aethon, 14 March 2013 - 09:57 PM.

#45 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

another +1 for lobbies, they fix all the problems and vagaries of the matchmaker.

#46 Zerstorer Stallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 683 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

In the past I've said a lobby would be a bad idea. I was wrong, as long as boating, ECM and streak bs, combined with no tonnage in game balancing, is in place its about the only chance that we'll every get games that dont make you want to beat every CoD player around. I too now want a lobby, perhaps then my 700 + clan mates might come back and play this game. I see them sometimes but as time goes on they get less and less and less. Most conversations that say 6ppc crap... or splatcat garbage, or Streak noob end with yet another player gone. The good news is if they keep this up alot of the threads in the forums will swing towards the 30% that like that crap. Of course that is because they'll be the only ones here.

#47 Lex Peregrine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 206 posts
  • LocationPoznan, Sarna March, FC

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:53 AM

I see some people argument that if they gave us lobbies, many players would move to them and it would be harder to find matches using ELO. Dont see why this would happen, because:

Private matches should give no cbills or XP, so players have to keep using ELO to progress in the game;
Private matches will be used by teams who want to practise, or want to set up a battle against another specific team for whatever reason, if we want to use leagues outside MWO, its our business and PGI should not try to prevent us by taking away the ability.

#48 Thunder Child

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,460 posts
  • LocationOn the other side of the rock now.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Personally, I would just love to have the ability to setup practise sessions with team mates, so that we can develop strategies for our 8 man teams, without being drowned by 3x DDCs, 3x 3Ls, and 4x A1 Splats. Yes, supposedly the best way to learn is to try and fight it, but if we had the chance to practice co-ordination and tactics before hand, we wouldn't have to resort to cheese builds to win. At the moment, ELO is killing this game. Sure, don't let us earn anything in private matches, but for the love of this game, please, please give us something we can work with.

#49 Guaki

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSeville, SPAIN

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:40 AM

Agree with the post. People need lobby system to play with friends, just a simple system, so we can play with friends, and make tournaments. If you wait much more for the launch of your CW many people with leave the game, but if you implement a lobby system, matches without C-Bills and Xp, just for fun and competition, you can make a great CW with a lot of time for it, and when you launch your new awesome CW in a single phase (i'm tired of your phase launching system for updates) all the people will be stoned with your marvellous CW.

So please, give us the Lobbies ^^

#50 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

Lobbies pls

#51 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostFireye, on 14 March 2013 - 08:04 PM, said:

I do believe that Bryan said, in the NGNG video that came out today, that Lobbies will be coming in the next 90 days.

Group organization is coming around the same time, too.

time stamp for quote? Last official word was after CW

#52 Elfman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:43 AM

+1 from me. The only fun games I have had recently is when attempting 8 man drops against known groups on TS such as diamond sharks etc where we always end up having a real close fought good non cheese game. Unfortunately its kind of random if we do manage to drop vs each other and if we end up vs a cheese group as in more of a balanced group get fed up.

#53 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

Agree with the OP. We need the lobbies to create the community.

In the past, you walked up to an NBT server, and knew the guys in there, the "how are you doing, mate, long time not seeing ya" was the common stuff. Now i don't see any kind of community ingame. I just reach random players all the time, so it's almost impossible to stablish any kind of relationship.

"HEY, STOP WHINING, YOU HAVE A FRIENDLIST IN THE MAIN MENU!"... Ok, but it's a worthless friend list. i can't contact anyone, since they don't know when i'm messaging them, and vice-versa. Also, i have my friendlist with the guys in my team and some more, but if you want a community of players (a REAL one) i need to have some kind of place of reunion, i need to play with the same opposing force more than a time a week... i need to INTERACT. and that is not happening.

Edited by Caballo, 15 March 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#54 BlackJackRaider

• PipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • 84 posts
  • LocationThe nordic hinterland of the Midwest

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostLex Peregrine, on 15 March 2013 - 01:53 AM, said:

I see some people argument that if they gave us lobbies, many players would move to them and it would be harder to find matches using ELO. Dont see why this would happen, because:

Private matches should give no cbills or XP, so players have to keep using ELO to progress in the game;
Private matches will be used by teams who want to practise, or want to set up a battle against another specific team for whatever reason, if we want to use leagues outside MWO, its our business and PGI should not try to prevent us by taking away the ability.

This is actually an interesting idea. I can see why they don't want people exploiting a private game system to wrack up xp, gxp, and cbills. I would be fine with a no cbill/xp reward game, or one with a very small fraction of what you would normally make (say 20-25%), if it meant I could choose who I was playing. At that point, it's purely for bragging rights with your pals, and we would still be playing normal games to grind out masteries, modules, and new mechs.

Yes, Lex's suggestion seems like it would be perfect.

#55 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostBlackJackRaider, on 15 March 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

This is actually an interesting idea. I can see why they don't want people exploiting a private game system to wrack up xp, gxp, and cbills. I would be fine with a no cbill/xp reward game, or one with a very small fraction of what you would normally make (say 20-25%), if it meant I could choose who I was playing. At that point, it's purely for bragging rights with your pals, and we would still be playing normal games to grind out masteries, modules, and new mechs.

Yes, Lex's suggestion seems like it would be perfect.

iie, the best way to handle that is for there to be a rate for the "private lobbies". This would allow people to use it for a day/week after getting a paid Pass, and may even have to deal with the Repair/Rearm. What military do you know would pay for the repair and rearming of mechs for personal, non-military/planetary encounters? This would keep people in the mix for the CW segment.

Would I prefer it to be free? Hai, but I am also here for the CW, for when it gets here and for there to be a reason for all the other players to be involved in that, one way or another and not be camped out on Solaris gaming world at no charge.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 15 March 2013 - 01:51 PM.

#56 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostOneEyed Jack, on 14 March 2013 - 02:19 AM, said:

Yes, then we can Farm-ville, Mech Ed.

Simple solution:

No punishment to the players in a private match + no reward to the players in a private match + no stat changes to the players in a private match = no farming.

There is already no repair/rearm costs, so private matches should be a no-brainer for PGI. It's mostly a matter of creating a separate no-rewards mode and of course an interface for players to create these private matches.

Edited by Jacmac, 15 March 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#57 Faldrin

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

As a 100% pug player lobbies can only do good things for the game as a whole. And to stop farming all the have to do is remove xp and c-bill rewards as the ones that are shouting the loudest for this will still be there most of the time for the same reason I only pug at this time.....Pride!

Of course I would be in lobbies alot of the time as well for 1v1.

+1 from me for lobbies to be in a long time beofre CW hits.

#58 Psikez

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:01 PM

+1 for lobbies because emergent gameplay will keep this game alive for years and years.

#59 MangoBogadog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 377 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:04 PM

+85 to lobbies (from all members of Antares Scorpion)

#60 Lorcan Lladd

• 1,037 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yeah, the community could use a lobby.
+1 request.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users