Ask the Devs 5!
Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:27 PM
My only concern is that will it be possible to customize your controls and also use joystick for an example, to play this game?
I have two Logitec3 Joysticks with 11 buttons and calibration just waiting to get their piece of action.
Actually my plan is to combine both of them, other one for moving and other for aiming.
So yeah, that's how hyped I am. So...
Q: Will it possible to customize your controls and use controllers like gamepads and joysticks?
Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:31 PM
Is that a reference to Steel Battalion 'clip dumping'?
<edit: Keeping it on topic>
Would the purpose of dumping ammo be to reduce the chance of an explosion, or to reduce weight and increase mobility?
I asked that because ammunition can be hit and explode. If, say your Hunchback's AC/20 has been destroyed you should probably dump your AC/20 ammo out of your left torso so it doesn't destroy your Mech when hit like in a Table Top match.
Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:47 PM
Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:07 PM
Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:18 PM
Personly i feel that delaying the system maybe best if it is not ready as dont want a house being wiped off the map in 48 hours from release due to exploits or 4 am raids.
If the system not detailed and ready for release just put it on hold. until it is ready. Just have all the houses currently involved in peace talks and the players can raid and fight until its resolved.
Edited by Draxern, 03 June 2012 - 06:22 PM.
Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:04 PM
Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:13 PM
Will MWO be a free download via the MWO website or will we actually purchase a copy of the game which after the initial purchase becomes FTP?
Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:40 PM
I'd personally love to find out what kind of snags you feel the game has been having and how you best plan to overcome it, as well as what players are most enjoying out of the game, and how they are playing it in fun and interesting ways.
Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:02 PM
Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:50 PM
Posted 03 June 2012 - 10:56 PM
1. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and don't see myself being able to play the beta, or for that matter the game till Dec (give or take).
If I purchase a founders pack, would I still get the bonuses from the time I START playing? So, for example, if I don't log in till Dec would I get two premium months, and such, at that time? I really want to support this game but I dont want to miss out on the extra's!
2. Can we get some clarification on how you accquire mechs. Will you start in lights and work your way up a tree like system to Assualts? Or will you be able to buy any mech from the get go?
3. Any time spent playing the table top game will tell you all mechs, even those of the same tonnage, are not equal. Will matches be based on tonnage, or a point system on the value of mechs in the match? I'd hate to see 4 on 4 matches (or more) with pretty much the same 2 mechs on each side. This problem really shines when the clans get involded, as a star of clan mechs can be valued as high as a company of innersphere mechs early in the war.
4. Does it physical hurt porting one of the best table top games of all time, to a online game? Due to how great it is and all.
Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:19 AM
What is your planned release schedule for new mechs after launch?
Please can we get some info on a European launch? pretty please?
Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:21 AM
Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:41 AM
Yes. The tabletop rules allow for this. Consider the case where your weapon is destroyed, but the potentially explosive ammo remains. Ammo dumping allows you to remove that risk. It takes a turn motionless, as I recall. I've never actually seen anyone do it in a game, incidentally.
Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:34 AM
- How do you plan to insert some of the personalities of the Inner Sphere (such as Victor Steiner-Davion) and Clans in the game? Will they just be mentioned in news updates, or will we actually get orders from some of these folks when we invade planets, etc for our factions? Will a member of the Live Team for the game ever drop into combat as Kai Allard-Liao, for example?
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users