2 replies to this topic

#1 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

We all know that fully articulated arm mounted weapons have faster movement and better range of motion than torso mounted weapons. This ability is just not as good as the ability to stick weapons in the torso and use the arms as an extra shield. So arm mounted weapons need an upgrade.

Now, one could upgrade movement rate and extent but what I want is the ability to control my arms with a device with fine control (mouse, trackball, etc) to accurately aim them without having to move my torso while still retaining the ability to move my torso with a different device like a joystick. Here's why this should be implemented.

1) Dual Joystick/control devices is the only way a mech could actually use it's arms.

2) It allows one to better use their arm weapons to fight back while protecting their torso.

3) Allows one to more accurately aim arm mounted weapons outside of the range of motion of the torso.

Additionally, I'd love to be able to take this a step further. Imagine how awesome it would be to control your mech's arms seperately with two joysticks. With X and Y movement to control each arm seperately with torso twist on one z axis and turning on the other. It'd be even better if one controls throttle and jump jets with some foot pedals too.

#2 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

Honestly, I think that may be taking it a bit far. I think the best way to fix that particular problem would be to have weapons on the torso either:

A.) fire directly forward and not converge on a single point, or

B.) Have them converge on a single fixed point (think machine guns on ww2 fighter planes).

Of course the point that they converge could be adjusted in the mech lab prior to playing, but would be fixed during the match. This would make it so that the arms have a dynamic convergence point, and that the torso weaponry would need to be at a certain range to be most effective.

#3 Tekadept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

Retracted

Edited by Tekadept, 23 March 2013 - 07:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users