It Is 10Am Pst And There Is No Sign Of A Patch.

280 replies to this topic

#81 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 March 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

11:42 AM - QA is testing the MISSILE hotfix right now and are following the testing parameters I've had to layout for them because of the way the hotfix is going to work. (You're going to see a more official post from me just prior to the hotfix).

On another note... I have heard you loud and clear. The JagerMech will have it's head hitbox increased in size and will now be shaped like a shark with a laser on it's head. :P

... actually the JagerMech head hitbox is being looked at now that we have the hotfix in place

A larger hit box in the shape of a shark... sounds like just what we've all asked for. Wait, can a hit box get any bigger than the mech itself? Hum...

(Thanks for letting us know it's being looked into. Love the Jagermech, so I can't wait. Still going to play it anyway, even with the laser shark hit box. ;) )

#82 Esplodin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 494 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 March 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Update: I've been kidnapped by thugs who are going to force food down my throat. I shall return when I escape.

It is extremely civilized of your abductors to allow forum posting from captivity!

#83 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

They have QA testing the fix? Where was this before the patch so they could report on the bug in the first place?

#84 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostBluten, on 21 March 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

They have QA testing the fix? Where was this before the patch so they could report on the bug in the first place?

i don't think they are testing the gameplay. just if the patch will blow up the entire solar system.

#85 MrEdweird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 273 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

I'm certain we're missing something and it is only natural that we're not told all the details of their testing processes.

However, I am also certain that a whole lotta drooling 'mech jockeys out here would sit and wait at their door to do their testing for them and be damn happy it took days to fix.

...and besides, freakin sharks with freakin laser beams attached to their freakin heads would only make the Jag even cooler.

Edited by Edweird, 21 March 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#86 Rather Dashing

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 114 posts
  • LocationLand of the Purple Freedom Bird

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:50 AM

I SWEAR IT SEEMS LIKE THE ONLY UPDATES PGI CAN DO ON TIME ARE FOR GRAB DEALS.

#87 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostBluten, on 21 March 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

QA can miss things during the course of software updates, regardless of the development shop, or the size of the QA team. It's the nature of software development. Sometimes a seemingly easy fix on the surface to one defect will have an unintended and previously unknown consequence that you don't have a test procedure even written for.

#88 Joker Two

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 137 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:53 AM

Thanks so much for keeping us updated! It means a lot to know we're being listened to!

#89 Ryu Bateson

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

Well Paul, thanks for the updates and the humor! Its good to see Dev and community chatting back and forth!;)

But I think what we, well what I, want is to see just how the LRM deal is being addressed from a mathematical and technical standpoint. What's going on in them test servers? What changes have you made?

Being a game programmer myself I know just how dangerous it is to put something untested into a live server, But we are all itching to hear just what is being done. What has been a success and what has exploded in the hanger? (Let alone making it to the runway...)

I'm not asking for a time, as I know ETA's on something like this are tricky at best.....fix one thing and ten other things go straight to hell in a hand basket.

But the community seems to want to know, and seems to want to give some input into what is happening here, and lets face it, That's a GOOD thing:)

Again thanks for all the hard work. I am sure you guys will sort this out. I, and the community here, appreciate your efforts!

Cheers.

#90 Ozric

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationSunny Southsea

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

His words mean nothing to me. I never did receive that pony.

#91 Gevurah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 500 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostTesunie, on 21 March 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

A larger hit box in the shape of a shark... sounds like just what we've all asked for. Wait, can a hit box get any bigger than the mech itself? Hum...

(Thanks for letting us know it's being looked into. Love the Jagermech, so I can't wait. Still going to play it anyway, even with the laser shark hit box. ;) )

It does already look like a hammerhead from the right angle :P wouldn't take much to modify it.

#92 sarkun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

This thread is funny.

#93 Zeus X

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

You guys are returning trust within the community if you keep doing what you are doing today.

Little updates like this keep the mob at bay.

Thank you

#94 Henree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 501 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 March 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

I also rounded a corner to fast and took a desk corner to the upper thigh.
FFS it's TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#95 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

(24 intro) boop... beep... boop... beep... The following occurs between 12PM and 4PM on the day of a hotfix.

12:10 - I've been asked by the Commander and Chief (Big Bryan) to investigate the nuclear explosion caused by a 'tweet' last night. I'll still update you here as to hotfix progression.

Update: I've been kidnapped by thugs who are going to force food down my throat. I shall return when I escape.

don't let them make you eat the cous cous.....nooooooo

#96 Zylox

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostDCM Zeus, on 21 March 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

You guys are returning trust within the community if you keep doing what you are doing today.

Little updates like this keep the mob at bay.

Thank you

Quoted for truth. I am having my faith restored with every update to this issue.

#97 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostRyu Bateson, on 21 March 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Well Paul, thanks for the updates and the humor! Its good to see Dev and community chatting back and forth! ;)

But I think what we, well what I, want is to see just how the LRM deal is being addressed from a mathematical and technical standpoint. What's going on in them test servers? What changes have you made?

Being a game programmer myself I know just how dangerous it is to put something untested into a live server, But we are all itching to hear just what is being done. What has been a success and what has exploded in the hanger? (Let alone making it to the runway...)

I'm not asking for a time, as I know ETA's on something like this are tricky at best.....fix one thing and ten other things go straight to hell in a hand basket.

But the community seems to want to know, and seems to want to give some input into what is happening here, and lets face it, That's a GOOD thing:)

Again thanks for all the hard work. I am sure you guys will sort this out. I, and the community here, appreciate your efforts!

Cheers.

I'm fairly sure that Paul has his write up ready and waiting. If I understand correctly, it might have all the maths! And explain whats going on.

Cheers to your Cheers.

Cheers.

#98 KinLuu

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

(24 intro) boop... beep... boop... beep... The following occurs between 12PM and 4PM on the day of a hotfix.

12:10 - I've been asked by the Commander and Chief (Big Bryan) to investigate the nuclear explosion caused by a 'tweet' last night. I'll still update you here as to hotfix progression.

This is a serious question and I would really like it to be answered:

Why is your communication not always open like this? Why only in cases of emergency?

#99 Esplodin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 494 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostDragonsFire, on 21 March 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

QA can miss things during the course of software updates, regardless of the development shop, or the size of the QA team. It's the nature of software development. Sometimes a seemingly easy fix on the surface to one defect will have an unintended and previously unknown consequence that you don't have a test procedure even written for.

Specific changes should have specific test plans associated with them. Any bugfix dealing with LRM damage should have a step where they fire LRMs to make sure the results of the fix are as expected - you know, to test the fix. One volley of LRM would be enough to tell you something was off in the damage from the debug data. QA sucks the big one and is a lot of repetitive stuff, but this one is a big miss.

Now if this bug caused something unexpected in the test chain (Lrms caused a module to no longer function, or caused the firing mech to lose armor for example) then I agree. No test plan can cover that. However, this is not the case.

I'd like to see something like STO has with a production system and a public "redshirt" test server. Those that want to test the goodies early can, and those that want to play can. Win-win. Although I guess live IS redshirt in this MMO.

#100 Blue Boutique

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 481 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 21 March 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

11:56 - QA still testing and more info still being gathered. I also went to talk to the headhitbox guy (yes, that's his title) and worked with him to adjust the JagerMech head hitbox. It will be reduced in size but I'm not sure at this moment which patch will include the fix. We'll try to expedite it but I can't give you a solid date at the moment.

Doesn't he suspect that you switched his Imperial ruler with a International?

Edited by Blue Boutique, 21 March 2013 - 12:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users