• 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

Unit Name: Structure Damage
Unit Tag: F1RE
Unit Type: Non-canon house unit
Region: Mixed EU/US
Voip: N/A
Unit Colors: TBD

We're a small unit, under company sized, primarily comprised of old bittervet Eve players. We've been fighting together for several years in various games and are pretty tightly knit.

#122 ice trey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:19 AM

I would like to offer a revision to the "Mechs List" in the opening post, if I may.

First, the Dragon and Jenner are well known to be Draconis Combine favorites. The Jenner, however, is not a Combine-exclusive design quite as much as the Dragon, and tends to pop up in other factions, as well. There is no Jenner factory, as it got blown up during the Succession wars. However, there were enough of them produced to still be quite commonplace.
Reference:
Battletech 35121 - Technical Readout 3039, Page 112

The Quickdraw is another Kurita Heavy. Both the Draconis Combine and Free Worlds League produce it. For the DC, it's produced on Luthien by L.A.W., alongside the Dragon and Charger 1A1.
Reference:
Fasa # 1620 - House Kurita, The Draconis Combine. Page 138

The Atlas, Victor, Marauder, and Jagermech are produced on Quentin by Independence Weaponry. (Fasa # 1623 - Handbook House Davion, page 152) During the War of 3039 in July, it was taken by the 40th Dieron regulars, and has remained in Kuritan hands ever since. It has been instrumental in replenishing lost war material afterwards. By the time of the clan invasion, the Jagermech, Atlas, Marauder, and Victor were considerably more common in the hands of the Combine.
Reference:
Battletech #35014: Historical - War of 3039, Page 122, 132

The Draconis Combine, thanks to future Coordinator Theodore Kurita, also was able to broker a deal with Comstar that would recognize the autonomy of the Free Rasalhague Republic in exchange for significant military equipment, including Star League era mechs. This influx of equipment was used to outfit the newly created Ghost Regiments. (Applies to multiple mechs, but in this case, the Kintaro, Highlander, and King Crab apply)
Reference:
Battletech #35014: Historical - War of 3039, Page 21, 148

The Awesome can be readily found in any house military (Battletech 35121 - Technical Readout 3039, Page 154), and the Draconis Combine is known for manufacturing excellent PPC and Missile technologies, namely it's Lord Light PPCs. While the Awesome isn't manufactured with Lords Light PPCs, the Combine would be at an advantage to have Awesomes. The Random Assignment Tables in Historical War of 3039 show a comparatively large proportion of Awesomes in their Assault mech rosters, primarily the 8Q, but the 8T also appears.
Reference:
Battletech #35014: Historical - War of 3039, Page 150
Battletech 35121 - Technical Readout 3039, Page 154

The following quote can be found in the Technical Readout entry for the Hunchback:
"The design is particularly favored by the Draconis Combine
and Capellan Confederation as it fi ts the preferred dueling
nature and all-or-nothing tactics used by these states."
It appears quite frequently in the combines' medium mech roster. Historical 3039 shows the 4G, 4J, and 4P as readily available.
Reference:
Battletech 35121 - Technical Readout 3039, Page 136

The Battlemaster is also a mech that is common among most inner sphere (And even in second-line clan) factions. Again, it appears quite prominently in Draconis Combine tables in Historical 3039 as the 1G configuration, but the upgraded 3S also appears in the tables for Era Report 3052, likely reflecting mechs that have received an upgrade kit.
References:
Battletech #35220: Era Report 3052, Page 152

On the TRO page for the Griffin, you can read this excerpt in the deployment section:
"Any major military will have Griffins on their roster.
The Capellan Confederation is the only great House not
manufacturing the design, but they are able to purchase a
limited number from the Taurian Concordat."
It is prominent in the Historical 3039 and Era Report 3052 RATs, as well.
References:
Battletech 35121 - Technical Readout 3039, Page 287

On the TRO page for the Shadow Hawk, it's stated that the Shadow Hawk is available just about everywhere, and even seems to put special emphasis on the 2K variant used by House Kurita's Second Proserpina Hussars.
It is prominent in the Historical 3039 RATs, as well.
References:
Battletech 35121 - Technical Readout 3039, Page 289

On the TRO page for the Wolverine, you can read this excerpt in the deployment section:
"The Federated Suns’ capture of the Capellan’s Nanking
Wolverine line during the Fourth Succession War was off set
by the loss of their own Wolverine line on Marduk to the
Draconis Combine."
It is prominent in the Historical 3039 and Era Report 3052 RATs, as well. Namely the 6R, 6K, and 7K.
References:
Battletech 35121 - Technical Readout 3039, Page 290

The Locust also seems to play a large role in the Draconis Combine military, Cheap and plentiful, the 1V is the most popular, but the 3M, 3V, and 1E also appear to be in the roster.
References:
Battletech 35121 - Technical Readout 3039, Page 281

Another mech that is often listed as a mech available to most everyone, the Orion, appears to play a very large role in the armies of the Draconis Combine prior to the clan invasion. RATs seem to hint (and I conject) that many were lost during the invasion, and were likely replaced with newly built Jagermech, Marauder, Grand Dragon, Mauler, Charger 1A9, and Hatamoto mechs.
References:
Battletech 35121 - Technical Readout 3039, Page 152

While most often seen with the Capellan Confederation, the long out of production and increasingly rare Catapult is somewhat more common than normal in the Draconis Combine, as well.
"The Draconis Combine also obtained a sizable
group when they seized Dieron."
RATs for the era in Historical 3039 show only K2 variants, however, likely meaning that the majority have been converted to carry Kurita-made PPCs.
References:
Battletech 35121 - Technical Readout 3039, Page 146

The Stalker is also listed as the most common assault mech in the Inner Sphere. It is no exception in Draconis Combine space, making up a significant proportion of the pre-invasion Battlemech roster in the Inner Sphere. 3F is the most popular, but the 3H and 4N also appear.
References:
Battletech 35121 - Technical Readout 3039, Page 162

The Upcoming Panther is a mech that is extremely linked to the Draconis Combine, arguably even more so than the Dragon. The Grasshopper is readily available in every faction, somewhat significant in the combine's tables, making it an excellent flashbulb mech for the Combine roster.
References:
Battletech 35121 - Technical Readout 3039, 114, 151,

The Banshee 3E, Trebuchet, Firestarter, Raven, Thunderbolt, and Cicada are also available, but aren't hugely prominent in the Draconis Combine roster. They can believably be included, but don't play a huge part.
Reference:

Thanks to IDG for pointing it out, but the raven was also sold in small numbers to the Combine in order to boost Capellan coffers.

Reference:
Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade[color=#959595], p. 30.[/color]

-------------------------

Alright... how about mechs that are UNLIKELY to be found in the Draconis Combine?

Raven - A tightly guarded Capellan (Liao) secret only just starting manufacture near the 4th succession war. Many became captured by the Federated Suns.

Cataphract - A tightly guarded Capellan (Liao) secret only just starting manufacture near the 4th succession war. Many became captured by the Federated Suns.

Vindicator - a Capellan staple design, but like the Draconis Combine Panther and Dragon, aren't usually seen outside of that faction.

Commando - While it was common in the Draconis Combine during the age of the Star League due to mechs still being relatively new and limited in number (The ubiquitous Jenner and Panther would not be created until close to the fall of the Star League. See production dates shown on the Introductory boxed sets), and it could be captured during raids and taken as battlefield salvage, it hasn't been commonly used by the Combine in an age. The only instance I have found it represented in the Draconis Combine RATs is an RAT shared with the Free Rasalhague Republic - which sports both Kuritan and Steiner mechs. It's safe to recognize that the Commando is a workhorse Lyran (Steiner) light, and doesn't often show up in any other house army.

Blackjack and Centurion - These are both primarily Davion mechs. The few in Kuritan space would be battlefield salvage only.

The upcoming Enforcer is a mech found almost exclusively in Davion space, and is considered one of their trademark designs

The upcoming Zeus is a mech found almost exclusively in Steiner space, and is considered one of their trademark designs

TL;DR:
Definitely Available:
Dragon
Jenner
Spider
Victor
Atlas
Jagermech
King Crab
Highlander
Kintaro
Quickdraw
Hunchback
Orion
Griffin
Shadowhawk
Wolverine
Locust
Awesome
Battlemaster
Catapult
Stalker
Panther
Grasshopper

Could be included
Banshee (3E only)
Trebuchet
Cicada
Thunderbolt
Firestarter
Raven

Should probably not be there if they already are:
Commando
Centurion
Blackjack
Enforcer
Zeus
Cataphract
Vindicator

Edited by ice trey, 27 January 2015 - 04:48 AM.

#123 ice trey

• 1,523 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:43 AM

Also, if you want to know more about the Battletech lore, specifically from the perspective of the Draconis Combine, keep your ears to the ground and keep watching the official Battletech web page. Current updates and posts have me guessing that we'll be seeing Handbook: House Kurita coming out within six months time - if not in print, then as a purchasable PDF file. After a decades' wait, I look forward to leafing through it.

While it doesn't go into much detail about things like Mechs or the various regiments, it goes deep into detail about characters, history, economy, and culture for the Draconis Combine. The last time we've received a book like this was the last House Book from 1987. I look forward to getting to see a book that doesn't simply paint us up as black-hatted moustache-twirling villains.

Update: The cover sample has been released, recently.

http://catalystgamel...-prefinal-cover

Posted Image

Edited by ice trey, 23 December 2014 - 05:39 AM.

#124 Artur Valour

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 129 posts
  • LocationTexas, Holy Terra

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

View Postice trey, on 20 December 2014 - 05:43 AM, said:

Also, if you want to know more about the Battletech lore, specifically from the perspective of the Draconis Combine, keep your ears to the ground and keep watching the official Battletech web page. Current updates and posts have me guessing that we'll be seeing Handbook: House Kurita coming out within six months time - if not in print, then as a purchasable PDF file. After a decades' wait, I look forward to leafing through it.

While it doesn't go into much detail about things like Mechs or the various regiments, it goes deep into detail about characters, history, economy, and culture for the Draconis Combine. The last time we've received a book like this was the last House Book from 1987. I look forward to getting to see a book that doesn't simply paint us up as black-hatted moustache-twirling villains.

Update: The cover sample has been released, recently.

http://catalystgamel...-prefinal-cover

Posted Image

Been waiting for this book for a long time... woohoo!

#125 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:22 PM

View PostGribbley, on 16 December 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Unit Name: Structure Damage
Unit Tag: F1RE
Unit Type: Non-canon house unit
Region: Mixed EU/US
Voip: N/A
Unit Colors: TBD

We're a small unit, under company sized, primarily comprised of old bittervet Eve players. We've been fighting together for several years in various games and are pretty tightly knit.

Sorry that took a while for me to get to, I got rather busy with the holiday season and with the start of the new year.

#126 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:31 PM

Posted Image

Unit Name: North Kuritan Volunteer Army
Unit Tag: NKVA
Unit Type: Extremely canon house unit
Region: Largely NA, some mixed EU/Oceanic
VOIP: Private mumble; House-Kurita.enjinvoice.com channel North Kuritan Volunteer Army
Unit Colors: Formerly black and yellow, currently no restriction
Description: We're a mixed bag of acquaintances who have achieved a surprising level of cohesion in a short time span. We started off small but have exploded in size recently to 48 players (on paper anyway) with both new recruits and old founders pack players who are hopping back in after a long hiatus and have been running our new guys through the group queue grinder to get them in shape for CW, with results so effective I'm actually not sure if I'm just having a surreal fever dream. We love Dear Coordinator, mixed close-range brawling and direct fire support, and the Large Laser soda cup. We hate clanners.

As a side note, we've been making attempts to work in coordination with 9SD and NS recently and have been having a blast. Big thanks to their head honchos and population for the training sessions and private matches they've organized, and for putting up with our antics.

Remember always: love Dear Coordinator, honor Dear Coordinator, live and die for Dear Coordinator.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#127 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:44 AM

View Postice trey, on 20 December 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

Raven - A tightly guarded Capellan (Liao) secret only just starting manufacture near the 4th succession war. Many became captured by the Federated Suns.

Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 30, CC sold both the FWL and DC ravens because they REALLY needed the cash.

#128 ice trey

• 1,523 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:45 AM

View PostIDG, on 23 January 2015 - 12:44 AM, said:

Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 30, CC sold both the FWL and DC ravens because they REALLY needed the cash.

I hadn't seen that. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll shimmy that mech over to the "Uncommon" list.

#129 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:17 PM

Posted Image
Unit Name: Phoenix Legion Merc Corps
Unit Tag: PHL
Unit Type: Mercenaries
Size: 175+
Region: EU (GER)
Contract length: 14 days (starting today) with an additional 14 days as option if the contract is worth it
Voip: 78.46.89.137:7899 (password herbert)
Unit Colors: Jarosite - Black - Red

History:
Former Comguards unit the Legion has sworn to protect the Inner Sphere. We have fought hard at the FRR-Clan border and we were the first unit ever to take back a planet during the invasion, New Bergen.
We will fight for all houses eventually but never for the Clans.
We regularly stage big planetary assaults ourselves and like to coordinate these with any unit interested.

Edited by Warchild Corsair, 30 January 2015 - 02:23 AM.

#130 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:14 PM

View PostWarchild Corsair, on 29 January 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

Contract length: 14 days (starting today) with an additional 14 days as option if the contract is worth it

I'm curious, do you have any set requirements for "worth it"? Not meaning to sound selfish, but another reliable source of 12-man teams makes a big difference for us here in the Draconis Combine. In either case, welcome to the team Phoenix Legion.

#131 HelloKittyWarfare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:55 AM

View PostIDG, on 30 January 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

I'm curious, do you have any set requirements for "worth it"?

average Payment + (coordinated Faction x 1,5) x good fights
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- = >1
Faction Mimimi + (lack of Faction interest in playing CW x 2)

Edited by HelloKittyWarfare, 31 January 2015 - 12:58 AM.

#132 Jerry Wargate

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • 46 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:26 PM

Posted Image

#133 Gunny Kintaro 4444

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:46 AM

Atlai Hunters are here as well full time let me know where and when !

#134 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:54 AM

The Phoenix Legion has signed a new contract for 14 days. We will continue to fight for the Dragon.

o7

#135 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:27 AM

Awesome Warchild, we love having PHL around!

#136 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:27 AM

View PostWarchild Corsair, on 13 February 2015 - 12:54 AM, said:

The Phoenix Legion has signed a new contract for 14 days. We will continue to fight for the Dragon.

o7

Thats really a great news!

O7

Edited by paxmortis, 13 February 2015 - 07:27 AM.

#137 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:24 AM

Thats really great News!

I second that :)

rgds
Om

#138 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

o7 Y'all! Had a good match tonight against some of your players including rageagainstthedyingofthelight. Always a pleasure.

o7 rage! You nearly had me there. I was grinding my teeth over your LRMs for half the match and fussing about the one-track mind of some nitwith enemy LRM pilot who couldn't prioritize bigger Mechs. Then I realized who it was that was LRMing the snot out of me and it suddenly made sense, lol. Another shot and you would have finished me for sure! :lol:

'Till next time! :)

#139 Warchild Corsair

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 478 posts
  • LocationGER

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:24 PM

Phoenix Legion HQ publicly announces another contract with House Kurita. Due to the war with the New Star League there's plenty of work. Contract length is another 2 weeks.

It's an honour to fight at your side.

#140 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:26 PM

We appreciate all the work PHL has put in recently. You guys have proved to be an incredible asset to the DCMS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users