Does anyone remember the StarLeague ladder site?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Daddio

• Pip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLook up!

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

It used to be popular in MW3 using the MS GameZone lobbies. You would register you team members, mechs used,same your oppoanants team, fight class (C1-C7) then report your win / loss and the opposing team confirmed vis a report number.

Would something like this be useful in MWO for leagues/clans?

#2 Juiced

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 237 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

and up-to-the minute detailed player statistics allow you to compare, track and share your progress with other players.

from http://www.mwtactics...c/210-mwo-news/

They havent said if there will be merc/house/guild/team combined stats though.

HOWEVER it should be possible to have a website take that data, let people register and auto pull the stats from the MWO site...hopefully.

Edited by Tehbob, 02 June 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#3 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

You are probably thinking of http://www.mechwarriorleagues.com. The site does not seem to be operational at the moment, but I think they are still there. May be having server issues.

#4 Name140704

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

I think it was StarLance.

#5 KingCobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

Yes i played in the old and new Starlance League i think it was owned by a player named BattleStar.And no it was not MWL thank god the original Starlance started just at the end of Mechwarrior 2 and lasted till the end of Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance dont remember it being in Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries.But i also Played in like 6-8 leagues including BZ=BattleZone,MWA=MechWarriorArena,VL=Vengeance League,MWL,and many more those were the glory days of Mechwarrior online play on the MSN Gaming Zone and the ingame servers lets hope MWO can bring some of the glory back to Mechwarrior.

http://www.elksteam.....files/top.html

Posted Image

Edited by KingCobra, 02 June 2012 - 07:19 AM.

#6 TwoFaced

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 June 2012 - 07:35 AM

I thought the devs mentioned there were no plans at the moment to allow 3rd party systems...i.e. they wont let them to pull stuff off thier servers.

Maybe I am confused but they would have to allow that to happen I do believe.

I hope they do because there are many people not going to play the game for this alone simple fact. There are a lot of gamers worried about the win and stats vs the capture the base and role playing.

#7 Starlance

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 02 June 2012 - 07:11 AM, said:

Yes i played in the old and new Starlance League i think it was owned by a player named BattleStar.And no it was not MWL thank god the original Starlance started just at the end of Mechwarrior 2 and lasted till the end of Mechwarrior 4 Vengeance dont remember it being in Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries.But i also Played in like 6-8 leagues including BZ=BattleZone,MWA=MechWarriorArena,VL=Vengeance League,MWL,and many more those were the glory days of Mechwarrior online play on the MSN Gaming Zone and the ingame servers lets hope MWO can bring some of the glory back to Mechwarrior.

The Starlance.com website was originally created by a guy called Micha Douglas, he used the username Venomous or Ven. See Here.
Real life intervened during the early days of MW4: Veng, he stopped the project and sold the domain. Soon after i brought the domain name and recreated the system, but only for mechwarrior, and added in a sort of chassis buy/sell feature, it got nicknamed paid2kill (p2k).

Micha devloped it using the coldfusion application programming language. (.cfm) It really was one of a kind, one of the first websites of its kind to utilize database driven content for a gaming ladder/league system, was an inspiration to many.

#8 Kurn Hurin

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

I used the starlance site for the original mech commander, i stated playing on mplayer and then oved to gamespy.

Edit i played under the name lucifer for the team Cypress jihad

Edited by Kurn Hurin, 24 July 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#9 kreigmeister

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostStarlance, on 24 July 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

The Starlance.com website was originally created by a guy called Micha Douglas, he used the username Venomous or Ven. See Here.
Real life intervened during the early days of MW4: Veng, he stopped the project and sold the domain. Soon after i brought the domain name and recreated the system, but only for mechwarrior, and added in a sort of chassis buy/sell feature, it got nicknamed paid2kill (p2k).

Micha devloped it using the coldfusion application programming language. (.cfm) It really was one of a kind, one of the first websites of its kind to utilize database driven content for a gaming ladder/league system, was an inspiration to many.

I was the FM of Oberon Confederation for Starlance during the MechCommander days. There was a strategic campaign that was run about a year after the site went live. It was the most fun I've had in online gaming. I later went on to be an admin in the Star Fleet Command spin-off of Starlance. There was so much potential there for bringing these games to another level. I'd love to see something like that again.

Edited by kreigmeister, 09 March 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#10 Lupo the Butcher

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:23 PM

Ya I remember running NC for the last planetary in SL for MC.

Hasn't been a community like it since.

#11 JIbekn

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

I was an admin for the SL league for a short time before MW4 released, ADP_DarkShape, cut my online gaming teeth on MW3, great times.

Now if I could just find the old crew, would love to get in touch with some old friends.

#12 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 09 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

I would really, really love if they could somehow incorporate the bidding process of SL into MWO. That was the best part. SL was the best, liked it over BZ, VL, MWL.

Anybody have the bidding rules in a file or something we could show the devs??

#13 Emergency Shutdown

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:54 PM

View PostLupo the Butcher, on 23 July 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

Ya I remember running NC for the last planetary in SL for MC.

Hasn't been a community like it since.

such an old thread, i remember lupo from NC, i was bender from Fire Mandrill

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users