Getting The Old 3065 Muse / Mux Crew Back Together.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Doc Andrews

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:09 AM

I see scattered posts by people I used to game with... can it really be nearly 20 years ago now? The crew from 3065.

Hey you! It's Doc Andrews. You know, the White Knight and Banshee guy, shameless BAP exploiter, starter of forest fires, and partial cover headhunter.

Rand is around. Loren too. I know Arm games, I've seen him on Magic Online, but I don't know if he's here. Xenon, no idea. Lucien, no idea. OK, well, everyone else, no idea.

So if you know any of the old crew, you need to sell them on this game right? Text purists and all that. We'll I've made a nostalgic list of three tactics that still work with this modern shizit:

* Roll padding: Works as well as it used to. Results in a lot less headshots incoming. Make use of the reverse thrust key for maximum carnage.

* Jump padding: If anything, works BETTER than it used to. Amazing stuff in the right terrain. Remember when you'd get LRMs to the face in return? FLIGHT TIME BABY! It's insane fun.

* Shifting CF suddenly: Online crowd generally can't handle it. They tend to panic, overheat, and get melted quickly.

If the old crew is out there, we should consider a Merc company. Anyway. There it is.

#2 Rand 3065MUX

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostDoc Andrews, on 02 April 2013 - 06:09 AM, said:

I see scattered posts by people I used to game with... can it really be nearly 20 years ago now? The crew from 3065.

Hey you! It's Doc Andrews. You know, the White Knight and Banshee guy, shameless BAP exploiter, starter of forest fires, and partial cover headhunter.

Rand is around. Loren too. I know Arm games, I've seen him on Magic Online, but I don't know if he's here. Xenon, no idea. Lucien, no idea. OK, well, everyone else, no idea.

So if you know any of the old crew, you need to sell them on this game right? Text purists and all that. We'll I've made a nostalgic list of three tactics that still work with this modern shizit:

* Roll padding: Works as well as it used to. Results in a lot less headshots incoming. Make use of the reverse thrust key for maximum carnage.

* Jump padding: If anything, works BETTER than it used to. Amazing stuff in the right terrain. Remember when you'd get LRMs to the face in return? FLIGHT TIME BABY! It's insane fun.

* Shifting CF suddenly: Online crowd generally can't handle it. They tend to panic, overheat, and get melted quickly.

If the old crew is out there, we should consider a Merc company. Anyway. There it is.

Time flies .... a decade or two of my life I spent on that game. :(

#3 CPT Wetnose

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

I was Wetnose also known as WN, I played this about 6 years ago using the PUTTY client. I've always wanted to get back in the MUX gaming.

#4 Jakob Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Been here since Beta, and I've even gone back to Frontiers a few times (I still love that game...MWO could learn alot about how to properly do weapons combat from it, if they'd just abandon the idea of eye-candy and short attention span pandering). However, I didn't want to use my 3065 callsign of White Knight, as I wanted a more 'realistic' character name (how little did I know just how rare that would be with the type of players who typically pilot in this game).

Edited by Jakob Knight, 18 August 2014 - 03:12 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users