• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 03 April 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Possible "Proof":
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2178592

It may or may not be the 3L, but let's be honest. The 3L is the Raven Champion.

Tweaks to existing Ravens coincides with rebalancing AND/or a new hero mech... in this case... the "Champion".

Ah, I remember that comment by Garth now.

Even if the Champion isn't based on the 3L, the 3L will always be the light mech champion ;) (at least until SSRM + ECM adjustments).

#42 Royalewithcheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostBlueSanta, on 03 April 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

We all know $30 for a single mech is stupid, no matter how many of them you sold.

Pink boombox poptarts are worth exactly what the consumer is willing to pay for them.

#43 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:32 PM

Again no update on ECM fix. Damn it, piranhas, you continue to ignore us. To hell with MWO until Clans Invasion.

Edit: Hahahhaha, PGI've read my thoughts before I posted them. Here is update on state of ECM from Paul. But it is a complete bull****.

Edited by Featherwood, 03 April 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#44 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:36 PM

View PostFeatherwood, on 03 April 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

Again no update on ECM fix. Damn it, piranhas, you continue to ignore us. To hell with MWO until Clans Invasion.

http://mwomercs.com/...91#entry2180891

#45 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps Maps maps maps maps maps maps

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

#46 Harabeck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Hmm, the XP bonus on the Champions seems too weak for me to care about. I like the idea of another class of cheaper MC mechs, but you're gonna have to offer something else to make it worth it, imo. Even making the XP bonus bigger wouldn't make much sense to me, a special mech you get to play less of seems a bit odd. Why not make it a 10-15% CBill bonus?

Edited by Harabeck, 03 April 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#47 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Guys, this is the Creative Director Update.

This is a monthly post to give is hints what's incoming during the next month.

If you want info about bug fixes, that's perfectly understandable, but this is not the post to look for them in.

#48 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

please please please make that these champion mechs are one of each mech allready in the field and give all chassis the nice looking weapons mod when modding the mech in the mechlab !! PLEASE !

View PostThontor, on 03 April 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

Did not see the champion mechs thing coming

Looking forward to HSR for the travel time weapons

makes me wonder, did HSR works for PPC's allready ?!

Edited by EvangelionUnit, 03 April 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#49 Jack Lowe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationStaten Island, NY

Posted 03 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

I did see something mentioned about a post for CW. I think it was suppose to be today, but that was on twitter and while they were away at GDC. It's not all lost the day is only half over or there abouts on the west coast-ish side where they are. Also think they said something about having a hot fix for the crash bugs caused by this patch close to ready to go should be out if I remember right today but could still be tomorrow. All in all looks like a very nice set of new toys coming here in April. I'm looking forward to it. Think it's a nice ramp up to May when the CW shell is suppose to go in. Think I'm looking foward to the next few months very much

#50 BitGlitch

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 39 posts
  • LocationOutreach, scrounging the back alleys for a drink.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

Notice how in the last part they didn't mention DX11...

Guess its not coming for a while ;)

#51 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

We were all hoping for an update on:

Community Warfare - how it works, what it might cost, how many people could be in a merc. core, etc..

Many of my House Steiner/FedCom friends are already in established units together. Will they still be able to fight together on a front, or will this 'earn your way into a famous house unit' go against the fact that so many people are already IN house units together, much the same way mercs are in units together. Just because you're in a house unit, doesn't mean you don't want to get as full an experience within the CW than a merc unit! They are loyal to a house for roleplay reasons the same way we mercs fight for our chosen employers.

We want to know how contracts will be bid on for us merc corps, and we want to know how dedicated players/units can affect the direction a house moves in CW. We want to chance the face of the inner sphere for our faction, but HOW will we be able to do this, and to what extent?

Will we be able to stop the clans cold in their tracks before the Battle of Tukayyid? Or can one clan carve out a larger chunk of the inner sphere than their historical conterparts? (we MUST be able to alter the borders of the inner sphere or WHAT'S THE POINT of CW otherwise?

We want to know what the benefits are for fighting for a particular unit?

Will the planets merc corps be fighting for be intermingled with the 'fronts' the houses will be fighting on? Or will they be on different borders and we'll never interact with our houses/employers?

Will Mercs fight House units EVER? Will we be able to fight BESIDE our employers units?

LOBBIES? How will they work and do we have an ETA on them? I've got a lot of guys playing in my unit that are sick of dropping in the same stale maps with their cheese builds, mentally challenged pugs, suspected aim-botters, and base cappers. At least with lobbies, we could make the game more interesting with house rules and goals...

Collisions? Where are they? How can you bring out a 90 ton jumper that can ride on top of a raven instead of smushing it? Getting sick of walking into another mech only to hit my triggers and the guns go off right after I teleport THROUGH my opponent. (and please keep the 'learn to play' comments to yourself, trolls.)

DX11???
I bought a new computer for this game with a great set of specs and high end graphics card that's being ABUSED every time I run this game.

Edited by Peiper, 03 April 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#52 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostProject Dark Fox, on 03 April 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

Hopefully it isn't the CHP-1N kind of Champion. :>

Wait, what? I'd think it'd be great if they added THAT Champion, but sadly that is not to be.

View PostRedshift2k5, on 03 April 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

I'm sad to see that Achievements has not been mentioned

Agreed.

#53 Purplefluffybunny

• 1,653 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:33 PM

Some great new features here! Thanks.

#54 KableGuy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 229 posts
  • LocationThe left armpit of the United states

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostJDH4mm3r, on 03 April 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

I was hoping for a legitimate bug fix announcement, but they don't care about bug fixes or do they? .... perhaps when we stop playing maybe they'll notice?

Garth put up an announcement earlier today about a hotfix

#55 Serpentine

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationA station near the planet Rochester, former site of O'Shaugnessy Base for Armageddon Unlimited.

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

Ooooh. I love the Raven 3L. Especially with Streaks and ECM. I might actually invest MC into a mech, for once...

#56 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 03 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

HSR for ballistics is great news! Even better, we finally get the Urbie as a champion Mech.

Still somewhat disappoint with no news on pinning down that missile bug properly, must be a tough one. Also a little disappoint that night vision still faces the overbright issue like the last one.

#57 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:10 PM

Champion mech with 5% xp boost? What's the point? I don't know the costs but that boost should be in cbills, 5% xp boost AND 5% Cbill boost I hope there was a typo of some sort..

#58 Panserbjorne

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

The Awesome approves of your awesome update.

#59 Godswrath

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationSterling heights Michigan

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

View Postwarner2, on 03 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

I'm not sure what to make of that. If it's just a regular variant with a 5% XP boost, it seems a bit pointless. Everyone has enough XP. The limiting factor is CBills. I'd prefer a 5% bonus to CBills. I can't imagine the point of buying it otherwise?

I really really want some details on Community Warfare (in-particular Mercenary Corporations). RB's comments have really thrown me, you must have some sort of design in-place that you can share at this stage?

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 03 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Agreed. Give us Cbills bonus, then were talking.

View PostFrDrake, on 03 April 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

Maybe it means a 5% bonus to GXP accrual? That would make GXP accrue at 10% when using that mech, which would be a pretty significant boost.

Ok im confused as to what you people really want...the hero mechs already give a 30% cbill bonus but no xp bonus....this champion mech will give 5% xp bonus and no cbill bonus but much cheaper than hero mech......

Its obvious you can't please everyone from your comments.....

So perhaps if they created a mech that was say only 1000 MC and gave out 5% bonus to cbills that would be cool to you guys?
Or does it have to be a hero/champion whatever mech that has 50% bonus to cbills and 50% bonus to XP and only cost 300 MC ...yeah that sounds like a GREAT idea........

.......**walks away disgusted**

#60 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:49 PM

Though Thermal is now appropriately balanced, I still haven't found a use for night vision.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users