3050 Weekend!

73 replies to this topic

#61 GIJOEHoS

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:16 AM

So tell me when I can actualy play the game. In its currant state for most of us its unplayable.

#62 Gopblin2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

C-Bill boost not working on my Muromets. Get the same amount of C-Bills as I get from Premium Bonus, same as before the patch.

Can provide screenshots.

Best wishes,
Daniel.

#63 Fooooo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

View PostGopblin2, on 06 April 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

C-Bill boost not working on my Muromets. Get the same amount of C-Bills as I get from Premium Bonus, same as before the patch.

Can provide screenshots.

Best wishes,
Daniel.

Its not +50% ontop of what your hero mech or founders already gets.

At first I thought wow (as I thought the same as you), but after a match and seeing the results what it actually means is both Hero mechs and founder mechs now get 50% bonus instead of their original 30% and 20% bonus's. (its 20% for founders mechs right ?)

So basically for the sale weekend founders and hero mechs now give the same amount as premium does, and since they somewhat stack, it basically means 100% more cbills when using both a hero / founder and premium.

Edited by Fooooo, 07 April 2013 - 04:08 AM.

#64 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Why is the 8V getting the "Awesome" discount? I could understand the 9M or the 8T...

I dunno... if you wanted to have a good sale, at least pick a variant that people would consider grinding with. It would make better sense to have sale on the same chassis (even the less than popular Awesomes) on ALL the variants than a sale on a variant that makes one feel a bit iffy about.

if you're gonna put the 8V on sale, put the 8R on sale too. At least, you can be iffy on both options and get more people interested this way....

Whoever is doing this sale/marketing is doing an awful job on finding ways to sell variants.

Edit:
BALANCE would actually help make certain seemingly "underpowered" variants viable and something people would consider purchasing.

If PGI has some clue about BALANCE, there would be more sales across the board.

Edited by Deathlike, 07 April 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#65 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostHekalite, on 06 April 2013 - 07:12 AM, said:

I'm very happy with the premium time sale price. I spent a large chunk of my remaining founders MC on this sale. Thanks.

For those on the fence, here is the cost breakdown: 30% off premium time puts the price range at $6.99 to $9.73 for 30 days depending on what package you use(d) to buy MC. That's even cheaper than buying the 360 day package (ranges from $7.97 to $11.12 per month).

minus 33% because it non playable make it a loss assuming it is fix Tuesday

Edited by warp103, 07 April 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#66 Hekalite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:57 PM

View Postwarp103, on 07 April 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

minus 33% because it non playable make it a loss assuming it is fix Tuesday

If it's unplayable for you, then don't pay. Every single purchase you make during open beta is a risk. If you aren't willing to risk the cash, don't. It's pretty simple.

#67 GITorres

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostOloccorb, on 05 April 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

Bored troll? As this has to be the saddest excuse for trolling I've seen in a while. Or simply follow the rule of thumb that a decent chunk of people who participate in forums just do so to QQ.

With that out of the way, I'd say "COOL!". Last weekend was xp, this weekend is Cbills.

Also some the logic in prior posts were baffling as people try to legitimize why the deals should be custom tailored to them.

At any rate, great for those of us who buy premium time! Awesome 8v is an interesting choice indeed, I don't quite get the logic behind it. Maybe as a way to push a mech that has potential but has been ignored by the community, or something in the cannon, that all the Mechnerds haven't noticed yet?

Yeah I'm a troll....I've only been playing this game since Aug. of last year. I think I know alittle more about what I'm talking about than an open beta noob like you. Or are you a created account to knock down those of us that are speaking out?

#68 Solidussnake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 319 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

I certainly hope they do the 3050 next weekend to, so that I can actually play it. The kaleidoscope bug that Nvidia users are currently suffering from is making this game completely unplayable for me. So is the random low FPS turning bug. 45FPS to 6 just because I turned right?

Get real PGI. How do you let something like this get past Q and A that cripples Nvidia users.

So please can we run the same specials next weekend so I can... you know, play your game?

#69 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:01 PM

guys they don't care they are just stacking cash and laughing

#70 Risto Risto

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationNorth Korea

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

Thanks for the sale this weekend. Brews with my buddies and making C-Bills with some discount premium time. Good times.

#71 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:49 AM

View PostRisto Risto, on 08 April 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

Thanks for the sale this weekend. Brews with my buddies and making C-Bills with some discount premium time. Good times.

I didn't went for the discounted premium time, but I've been glad to de-rust my AS7-D(F) and the Ilya to farm some bank.. thanks, and I'm sorry for all of those with technical troubles, I hope PGI will fix them soon and replicate this weekend or adding other interesting sales for those who missed this.

#72 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostHekalite, on 07 April 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

If it's unplayable for you, then don't pay. Every single purchase you make during open beta is a risk. If you aren't willing to risk the cash, don't. It's pretty simple.

LOL i will not be. I been burned once here that was enough. It seem it not just me forms seem to have about 3k in post about it. that only the few major one's, I have seen so... have fun with that

Edited by warp103, 08 April 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#73 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 05 April 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

30%
50%

put that together now

30%50%

now drop the percents

OH MY

I was confused on why the Awesome? In particularly why the AWS-8V?

#74 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

Suggestions for PGI with respect to their sales:
http://mwomercs.com/...r-at-marketing/

The 8v IMO is similar to 8R, in terms of # of hardpoints... if both were to go on sale at the same time, you could choose the more energy based mech vs the more missile based mech (they are "even" in that sense).

However, I think the sale has more to do with the lack of that variant on the field, but the sale itself isn't very conducive to it (I was thinking of piloting an Awesome, but it's not an attractive platform on the whole, vs the Stalker). They could have easily marketed a 9M or the 8T, both are popular variants of the Awesome chassis AFAIK... but go figure. There's no sales to be made for bad variants.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users