64 replies to this topic

#61 DDM PLAGUE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 151 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

Awesome job Loc, just started work on a cockpit of my own and found this thread. You have given my a ton of Ideas.

#62 TheKennanator

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:42 AM

Please tell me you've created CAD for this build! Wonderful work.

#63 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostTheKennanator, on 31 March 2015 - 06:42 AM, said:

Please tell me you've created CAD for this build! Wonderful work.

Why thank you sir, and as it just to happens, there is a CAD file (.skp), that Foust was kind enough to make. Here's a link to the file on dropbox:

https://www.dropbox....0/simpit%20.skp

If you actually end up building, here's some suggestions and explanations to accompany the drawings.

Spoiler

One of these days I'll clean up enough around my pit to take some update shots to show it in its current form. Not a lot different for MWO, but my Combat Pro pedals have been mated to the modded TM pivot mechanism and for SC I made a new center mount and extension with offset for the Warty.

It's held up well (~9000 matches on the stick, 6000 or so on this iteration of the pit), and is still in routine use although I mostly just lurk on the forums since the whole Transfail thing...

#64 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:28 PM

No real updates documented or organized enough to share despite several revisions and improvements.

My mechstick at this point has accumulated ~10,000 matches total on it and this is the result of natural wear

Posted Image
Note: I used a Cougar grip for the first four thousand matches or so before switching to a Warthog grip so this is the result of ~6000 matches and the Cougar looks similar

#65 mclang

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:13 AM

It saddens to hear that my Warthog is bad :(

Fortunately I got it very cheap, so maybe it is still a bargain... Have you figured good way to fix the warthog gimbal that is possible do with normal home tools? Should I try the spring mod that was linked previously?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users