Spoiler

#43 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:31 AM

Good colors on the last one, but yeah we'll need to get a bit more coordinated with our twin dragon use. But those fights were hard, everyone was just packing more heat. Might have to try it with Zero or Verrick, or perhaps me and Shaggy could try better communication next run.

#44 Xiang

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationTrying desperately to get behind you for an Alpha Strike!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

Hey Lordred,

Love the pics, it must be a labor of love on your part.

Do you have any images of Spiders on Frozen City night jumping around from the tops of buildings and such?? Would love to see that from another persprctive other than my cockpit....LOL

Thanks!

Xiang

#45 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Guys these screenshots are fantastic, loving your work and you've inspired me to do something similar for the Wolf Spiders as well. Keep up the superb work, these pictures remind me just how awesome this game really is (despite the bugs and stuff PGI are truly making a good game in very little time as well)

Once I'm happy with the screenshots of Wolf Spiders I'll post some of the results here, is it best to use the "cam-mando" for these or does the hunchback work as well?

All the best,
Blackfang

#46 Scromboid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 456 posts
  • LocationBlue Ridge Mountains

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:55 AM

Keep it up. These are great!

I am curious to see what sort of post processing you do now to these. ;)

#47 Whompity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 380 posts
  • LocationNew Brunswick, Canada

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

Fantastic work!

#48 Lordred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostXiang, on 19 April 2013 - 01:13 AM, said:

Hey Lordred,

Love the pics, it must be a labor of love on your part.

Do you have any images of Spiders on Frozen City night jumping around from the tops of buildings and such?? Would love to see that from another persprctive other than my cockpit....LOL

Thanks!

Xiang

Because you asked too kindly :)
Posted Image

View PostBlackfang, on 19 April 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

Guys these screenshots are fantastic, loving your work and you've inspired me to do something similar for the Wolf Spiders as well. Keep up the superb work, these pictures remind me just how awesome this game really is (despite the bugs and stuff PGI are truly making a good game in very little time as well)

Once I'm happy with the screenshots of Wolf Spiders I'll post some of the results here, is it best to use the "cam-mando" for these or does the hunchback work as well?

All the best,
Blackfang

When you run around at double zoom, the best mechs for the job are as follows

Best: (No cockpit on double zoom)
Commando
Awesome
Hunchback

Good: (Little cockpit on double zoom)
Catapult
Highlander
Jenner
Atlas
Stalker

Descent: (obvious cockpit pillars in screenshot)
Everything else

View PostScromboid, on 19 April 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

Keep it up. These are great!

I am curious to see what sort of post processing you do now to these. :)

I use three programs in total.
MSI Afterburner to capture the screen shot, I save in .PNG @ 1920x1200 image size is 1.8-4mb per shot, currently my screen shot folder is up to 4.5gb (after deleting 4gb worth of 'bad shots')

You can use any program to do the last two jobs I do, but I use a paid program called Helicon Focus to convert the file to a loss-less JPG (Helicon is a program used to combine multipul pictures into one for a deep depth of field. I am also an amateur photographer IRL Example of deep depth of field on a macro level
Spoiler

Then finally once I have my pictures in a JPG format I put them into a program called ViewNX2 (again used for photography) no where near as powerfull as Photoshop, but it does the trick. From there I alter the contrast/brightness, digital highlighting, and color saturation to my liking.

Now, some one give this poor highlander a hand!

Posted Image

Edited by Lordred, 19 April 2013 - 09:06 AM.

#49 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:19 AM

<--Is that Spider.

And if I'm not mistaken, I believe that's one of the first screenshots you post-processed, Lordred. We didn't like how it originally looked.

Below is what that jumping Spider shot was used for.
Spoiler

Which reminds me. I need to rebuild the Gauss Spider and find a way to mount a jumpjet or two on it as well. I think that'll be worth the risk for screens. After all I'm still the only one crazy enough to do it!

Edited by Koniving, 19 April 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#50 Heinreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:20 AM

Beautiful shots guys, keep up the good work :)

I realize that this may be a long shot due to the current meta, but do you have shots of mechs slogging thru LRM rain with several AMS ablaze and explosions (missiles taken out by AMS) overhead?

I remember going thru such a scene months ago with me in my atlas following three other atlas-k's (they must have dropped as a group and i ended up rounding off the steiner scout lance). As we were approaching the wreckage in frozen city the rain came crashing down (definitely more than two guys launching) and it was an impressive sight seeing 7 AMS lighting up in response. It looked like those old WW2 battleships fighting off dive bombers.

#51 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostHeinreich, on 19 April 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Beautiful shots guys, keep up the good work :)

I realize that this may be a long shot due to the current meta, but do you have shots of mechs slogging thru LRM rain with several AMS ablaze and explosions (missiles taken out by AMS) overhead?

I remember going thru such a scene months ago with me in my atlas following three other atlas-k's (they must have dropped as a group and i ended up rounding off the steiner scout lance). As we were approaching the wreckage in frozen city the rain came crashing down (definitely more than two guys launching) and it was an impressive sight seeing 7 AMS lighting up in response. It looked like those old WW2 battleships fighting off dive bombers.

First off Steiner scout lances.... ((/sigh)(LOL))

Second, that is something I would love to see, but few people are rocking the AMS, and even fewer rocking the boats. But I will try to goad people into rocking some Atlas K's and Stalker 5S's :)

#52 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

I also recall that I sucked in Spiders back then. :) But so did everyone since they were new.

Btw I have a 5S Stalker and an Atlas K. But there aren't really enemies using LRMs.

Edited by Koniving, 19 April 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#53 Heinreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:38 AM

Yeah there is that. LRMs arent that effective as of now. Maybe in the future when they get their inevitable buff. Who knows, they could over-adjust end we end up with LRMpocalypse IV :)

#54 Jace Lancer

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 11:12 AM

I'll be visiting this when I get home to my desktop

#55 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

Check it out. Lordred is number one on the 733C part of the competition!

http://mwomercs.com/tournaments

Edited by Koniving, 19 April 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#56 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

it's not even elited, I just finished the basics.

best match so far, 1342 damage.

#57 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Not having as much luck. Was doing great with the Awesomes, but my Highlander's kinda sluggish. 733. ;) Poptart and brawler builds are not working out for it.

Was a 733, not a 732.

Edited by Koniving, 20 April 2013 - 04:56 AM.

#58 Praehotec8

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Awesome thread, beautiful screenshots! Make me almost wish to be in a group/clan if I had more regular playtime. Would love to see some more action shots of catapults! (my favorite mech)

#59 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:58 AM

Oh we have little trouble getting plenty of shots of Catapults, they happen to be my favorite mech too.

Btw, did you guys hear? In ATD 36, the next two Hero mechs are going to be of readily existing chassis. Take your bets.

Hero Jenner? Hero Atlas? Hero Spider? Hero Catapult? Hero Jagermech? Hero Hunchback? Hero Trebuchet? I'm thinking with the two assaults and 3 heavies, at least one will be another medium or light.

On a side note, on this thread me and Lordred worked together to create a walking shot of a Dragon in the darkness.
Spoiler

What no one's seen yet is what did my cameraman look like? And so, this may be the first shot of Lordred's mech put out there.

Spoiler

Dun, dun, DUUUUN!!!! O_O!

Edited by Koniving, 20 April 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#60 Lordred

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:46 AM

This might be my most important Screen shot I've ever had.

You were a great sport Garth.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users