16 replies to this topic

#1 Kadran

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hoping some of my old friends happen to find this. If the names Jagged and Rhonda Snord and Sericen mean anything to you, feel free to reply.

#2 Koryitsu

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Man, i remember going through this many years back when i attempted to assemble my old MPlayer Mechwarrior 2 clan together again.... after ohh... 10 years? This i remembered as absolutely the best section of computer gaming in my life.

Was interesting to see how far many of the players had come, and how far many of them hadn't.

We never did get back to playing games together again. Hope your hunt goes better.

#3 Kadran

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

I agree with the best time ever. Have a RL friend that got me into it, and many a night went by discussing the"good ole days" Good luck in your search as well, hoping after a decade old friends will be drawn like we were in hopes of reliving our younger years. And making a good bit of scrap metal along the way.

#4 Koryitsu

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

strangely enough, after this conversation, i managed to find a huge mechwarrior 2 contingent that included many of my old comrades.

What actual game did you have experience with your friends in? If mech 2, i should probably pass along the info i found considering its a gathering of the kali + mplayer days. If later than that, hell if i know :)

#5 JediMindGorilla

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

I was known as Rhonda Snord in BTech 3059.. went by Garet Jax and Matrix and a few other names in 3065 etc.. (MUSE/MUX)

UCME

#6 Andrew D

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMaryland, United States

Posted 11 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

Played on MPBT 3025/3056/3058 - the MUSE's with Guzzer, Dixie etc.

I remember some of those above names B)

#7 JediMindGorilla

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:48 AM

Yea, I remember when Guzzer made me Rhonda Snord on 3056.. man.. talk about an uproar.. me.. a no-name person, never played a game like that before... people were mad, to say the least.

The game FINALLY was ready a loooooong time later for the first fight and (I think) the fed leader (and I could be wrong on what faction but it was the one we worked for) decided to double cross us and play totally out of character in order to get the better tech.

Unfortunately for him, I already knew he was a snake so I had rigged an entire island to blow to hell and back again and stalled him long enough for help to arrive and he got his butt kicked. Had he played fair, he would have had a great find.. but the chaos that insued over that ensured the game never got back off the ground.

Shame, was a lot of fun.

Then I went and build 3065, albeit someone else took credit for it on the wiki site.. but eh.. no big shakes, they did a lot of good converting it to MUX.

Aaaanyways, hope to find some old friends from that game. I doubt Guzzer or DrBob are around anymore, but ya never know!

Good luck and hope to see you all out there!

UCME

#8 Jake Simmons

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

Unfortunately that's what happened to 3056, it was more about egos and ordering people around than actually trying to re-create the Battletech universe. It actually was more of a social experiment with bits of pew pew thrown in.

#9 JediMindGorilla

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

Can't deny that aspect....I think they tried to make it too dang big, so it would never be "finished". That was why we went and made 3065, to be a place where you could jump in.. fight like made.. and get out whenever you wanted. The concept of random sims had not been done at that time and so we made dodgeball and a few other games that added a little "excitement".

Anyway, was a fun time and all and hope to run into some folks from way back then and see if we can re-hash some of that fun.

UCME

#10 TBHGold

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

I am posting in this topic in hopes to find some of my old wingmates if they are still out there.

I was in "The Black Hand" on mplayer.

Posted Image

Weeksey, cyclonic, fever, moneytrain, cowlick, vexel, masterpain, blackwizard, joker, kid rash,

-TBHGold

Edited by TBHGold, 28 June 2012 - 06:52 AM.

#11 Pinch a Loaf

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hey Gold good to see ya! I don't use this forum, but there are still a few old players dropping into Netmech once in a while. Our IRC info is at http://www.mech2.org....php?f=5&t=804. Stop by and say hello. We can even help you get Netmech running if you want...I even got it running on a MacBook!

#12 DarkJaguar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Old Mplayer/Zone player here.

I fought under this call sign (and a few iterations of it, usually ending in Jaguar) with Clan Wolf (possibly in exile as well?) and Silent Dragons in MW2, and Silent Dragons in MW3 (possibly 4? Don't remember that as well.).

Hopefully someone out there remembers me!

#13 SuperClone

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 31 posts
  • LocationTacoma WA

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

View PostTBHGold, on 24 June 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

I am posting in this topic in hopes to find some of my old wingmates if they are still out there.

Posted Image

Weeksey, cyclonic, fever, moneytrain, cowlick, vexel, masterpain, blackwizard, joker, kid rash,

-TBHGold

Hold crap I remember you! Playing MNL in MW2 - I was with DJC and TC back then ... Cyclonic, Joker, Fever ... these all rings some major bells for me as well

View PostPinch a Loaf, on 27 June 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

Hey Gold good to see ya! I don't use this forum, but there are still a few old players dropping into Netmech once in a while. Our IRC info is at http://www.mech2.org....php?f=5&t=804. Stop by and say hello. We can even help you get Netmech running if you want...I even got it running on a MacBook!

Holy crap pinch-a-loaf too ... another name I remember from MNL days

Edited by SuperClone, 03 August 2012 - 11:42 AM.

#14 Jayson McKenna

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:26 PM

I get my 3056/etc MUD/MUSH/MUSES confused (I was barely into my teens back then, on a borrowed university dialup), but I think '56 was where I had the most fun. I probably wasn't big time enough to catch wind of any of the egos or drama, but my unit (1st Kathil Uhlans) was a fun little group that generally revolved around random textual weirdness and the love of blowing ascii art up.

I think before that I was 1st DG, but I'd have to see if my old emails are on the backup drive...

#15 ODonovan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • LocationMWO is still incomplete, after YEARS!

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

All you old MU*ers (BTech MUSEs and MUXes), come on over to the MUX website and say hi! Even if you don't join, you're sure to see some names you recognize from back in the day.

Link To MUX Website

Laters!

-Irish

#16 Moneytrain

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:52 AM

View PostTBHGold, on 24 June 2012 - 08:29 PM, said:

Posted Image

-TBHGold

Aff Starcaptain Gold I am still here

#17 Jinai

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:02 PM

Gold, Pinch, Moneytrain - whats good guys I played later on with TBH when Cyclonic brought me over from Kali. Good times..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users