18 replies to this topic

#1 PaintedWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:38 PM

Personally I like the Sunder: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Sunder

In its primary configuration, the Sunder carries an impressive weapons array. The 'Mech carries two Large Lasers for its primary long-range weapons. For short-range engagements, the Sunder has an Autocannon/20 for the bulk of its firepower. This is supported by two Medium Lasers and a trio of SRM-4 launchers, making the Sunder prime most lethal at short ranges.

Please do not pollute this thread with inferior designs of other factions.

#2 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Hatamoto-chi, nasty Assault Mech: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Hatamoto-Chi

Or the Panther, fire support Light: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Panther

PPCs rule!

#3 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 10 April 2013 - 02:29 PM, said:

PPCs rule!

Indeed PPCs are excellent weapons, but one should never under-estimate the advantage offered by Streak SRMs ( my favorite until iATMs), ER Large Lasers, Pulse Lasers, MRMs and C3- all of which the DCMS pioneers. The Dragon is Wise.

The Dragon is the first to pioneer ER PPCs for the Inner Sphere too. Other Factions, be they Great House, Comstar or Clan (save maybe Clan Wolf) survive off brute force and treachery. But the DCMS survives on wisdom, intelligence and cunning (cunning is different then treachery as it is honorable, there is a difference, though it is subtle and requires sophistication to recognize, between being cunning/intelligent and deceptive/treacherous). The Dragon survives on its brains and smarts, while the other Great Houses act like wild beasts and primitive savages. The Draconis Combine is a shining light of Civilization in a universe otherwise eclipsed by the darkness of barbaric peoples and states.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by PaintedWolf, 10 April 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#4 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...top-wallpapers/

#5 Kreisel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:55 PM

MWO is where I really fell in love with the Jenner, Previously I was a fan of the Owens from MW4.

The Hatamoto-Chi, Mauler and Naginata appeal to me as well. The Lynx looks interesting too.

But By and far the Mech I have always wanted a chance to pilot is the No-Dachi. A sword wielding 70 ton with decent speed, an ER ppc and a slew of MRM and SRM on a mech that's reflexes actually improve when it's running hot! It also has some interesting vaients. The NDA-2K a potent mix of energy and missiles with ECM and The NDA-2KO would be a downright nastsy energy boat. Plus it looks the part of a samurai as well.

#6 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

I like the Jenners best, with my other favorites being mechs mostly run by all houeses.

-k

#7 PaintedWolf

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostKdogg788, on 11 April 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

I like the Jenners best, with my other favorites being mechs mostly run by all houeses.

-k

http://www.sarna.net...Jenner#Variants

JR10-X - A Experimental variant of the Jenner developed during the Jihad. It was a test-bed chassis for LAW on New Samarkand in 3072. Using the JR7-K as its base, with extensive revisions. Its internal structure was changed for a Composite Internal Structure. Its engine changed out for a 245 Rated XL Engine, which helps maintain the Jenner's original speed. The designer moved the forward jutting cockpit to a Torso Mounted Cockpit. Its missile weaponry was completely dropped in favor of increasing the 'Mechs medium laser armament up to six Medium Lasers. Jump Jets increased from base module to seven. For the 'Mechs protection, it has an Angel ECM and its hull has been encased with seven tons of Light Ferro-Fibrous Armor. For its stealth capacities, the 'mech has been given an Experimental Null-Signature System. Only seven of these 'Mechs were known to have been built. BV (1.0) = ???, BV (2.0) = 1,452[13]

#8 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:30 AM

I'd have to say the Jenner-F is my favorite. Even before ECM.

#9 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Seeing as I am a 3025 guy at heart I will have to go for one of our most classic and iconic designs. One of the mechs which say "The unit you are facing serves the Dragon" because it's almost solely associated with us. The Panther. A 35 ton hard hitter with mobility despite its lack of high speed. The Dragon may be the official "Draconis Combine mech", but the Panther deserves that title just as much in my opinion.

Posted Image

If I _have_ to pick something from the 3050+ era I have to admit to always having had a weakness for Luthien Armor Works' DAI-01 Daikyu.

70 tons moving at 86,4 kph. Endo Steel, Hermes 350 XL engine, 11 double heat sinks, 12 tons of armor and CASE for the ammo bins. Armed with an ER PPC, 2 Ultra AC/5, 1 LRM-5 and 1 Medium Laser.
Posted Image

Edited by Steinar Bergstol, 11 April 2013 - 03:05 PM.

#10 Vimeous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

Definitely the Hatamoto-Chi. In MWO it might be significantly outgunned but it has such style!

I've a new found respect for the Dragon since using it in MWO and I'd love to have an MWO Sunder to go with my BT minature version.

#11 Kyone Akashi

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

Personally, I fell in love with the Jenner. Ironic, really, as I was looking forward to piloting a Raven for a really long time - but then found it hard to let go of the Jenner after my Azumi saw me through so many battles in the first months of MWO. It is an elegant and deadly design, and its remarkable strike capabilities make it a valued skirmisher in the arsenals of the DCMS.

From the others, I also like the Hatamoto-chi and the Dragon for their iconic looks.

#12 Mattiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 400 posts
  • LocationAthenry

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I may not carry the Dragon as my insignia, but I have to go with the Daikyu, followed closely by the Mauler and Dragon. The DCMS' approach to 'mechs just resonates with my piloting style.

#13 Jade Valor

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • LocationPreparing for the worst

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:26 AM

for me its a tie between the Banzai and the No-Dachi NDA-2KC i may not show the insignia for The Great House Kurita but know that I and WNMI (Wolf Network Mercenary Incorporated) will always be on the side of the Draconis Combine when it comes to it!

#14 Wolf Ender

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSacramento, California

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

Jenner and Akuma are my fav Kurita mechs

#15 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

The Jenner is still my favorite light and Kurita mech, but it's hard to drive the Jenners when the Cicadas are calling me. X-5 is my 2nd most used mech in the stat keeping era after the Ilya, and the 3M is a great mech as well. I've actually been considering selling my Jenner K since it's been collecting dust and the D and F variants are already at Master.

-k

#16 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:28 AM

I simply love the dragon :ph34r:

Posted Image

rgds
Om

Edited by Omdra, 17 April 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#17 Saurok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

Hatamoto-chi
Akuma
Dragon
No-Dachi
Venom

#18 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 08 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

Crab
Highlander
Hatamoto-chi
Hunchback
Mauler
Grand Dragon
Jagermech
Wolf Trap (Tora)

#19 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

AV1-OF

Avatar-OF config, ERPPC, LBx20, 2x mLas, and can jump 120 meters.

That or the AV1-OG model. Double Gauss + the hardwired mLas.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users