57 replies to this topic

#1 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

Q: will jump jets be for all mechs or only for those that have atleast one JJ variant? [NEODYM]

A: Only variants that have jump jets will be capable of using them. This is done to keep variants varied and as unique as possible. [GARTH]

Q: Will equipment and weapons we remove from a 'mech be held in our inventory for later use? Or will they simply vanish? [WOSKA]

A: Any weapon/ammunition/heatsinks/etc that you purchase and remove from your 'Mech can be saved for later use. You can even be a cheapskate like me and use the same weapons in all your 'Mechs, just shuffling them around in between matches. [GARTH]

Q: Playing previous MechWarrior titles, and from what I understand of the pen and paper version as well, the game quickly degenerated into how quickly can you blow off one of the legs of a mech. Will the same tactic be an effective game ender for players in MechWarrior Online? [HOSTIA]

A: Only when we play with Russ [laughter]. Seriously though, we are always balancing, tweaking, fixing, changing, etc. With Betas we also get player feedback, which we can look at and check out. Currently, legging works, but it's not better than 'coring' (concentrating fire on the Centre Torso) nor 'headshotting.' They're all equally viable, though headshotting takes the best aim by far. [GARTH]

Q: [Do you use] french fries as a topping for your burger ?? [WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT]

A: I have - not my thing though. I'm pretty 'vanilla' when it comes to burger toppings. I don't personally do it, but a lot of people I know dig their fries in shakes. [GARTH]

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

Thanks a ton, Garth!

#3 Vulpesveritas

• 3,003 posts
  • LocationWinsconsin, USA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

I'm still wondering how many Atlases it takes to change a lightbulb.

Still, cool on the jumpjets... good to know.

#4 Gendou

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:08 PM

Hot french fries and cold vanilla shake are the god's own sustenance.

#5 tband

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostGendou, on 04 June 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Hot french fries and cold vanilla shake are the god's own sustenance.

I prefer poutine and a strawberry shake ;)

#6 Stormeris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • LocationLithuania

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

good stuff, woop

#7 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:18 PM

I am glad that you can keep weapons in your inventory.

Also not being able to slap jumpjets on every freaking mech will be nice too.

#8 Faceless Priest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

Since when has legging been a problem in the pen and paper? As long as it takes roughly the same amount of time to leg as it does to core i think it's a perfectly valid way to win. The legs can carry more armor then any other part of the mech and have the least number of "dangerous" critical slots making it a somewhat slow & risky tactic to try and leg.

I think the main reason people dislike legging is becuase it gives everyone a reasonably easy though risky way to kill nearly anyone, where as headshots & coreing only reward people who play a ton. It balances the field out, gives newbies and average joes a chance.

#9 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:24 PM

View Posttband, on 04 June 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

I prefer poutine and a strawberry shake :rolleyes:

Thats because your not a god. ;)

#10 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

legging (at least in MW4 which was the one i played most online) was a bit of an issue, many games ended up being who is going to shoot the others guys legs first..as it was much easier to take the legs out that the torso... personally i'd hate to see mwo end up a stupid leg hunt..good to know you are keeping an eye on this issue...

#11 SideSt3p

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 484 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 04 June 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

Q: will jump jets be for all mechs or only for those that have atleast one JJ variant? [NEODYM]

A: Only variants that have jump jets will be capable of using them. This is done to keep variants varied and as unique as possible. [GARTH]

So this is kind of worrying. Basically means I'm still waiting for 'my' 'Mech to become available so I can get the load out I desire. Sad ;)

#12 Wolfeo Verich

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostVagGR, on 04 June 2012 - 12:37 PM, said:

legging (at least in MW4 which was the one i played most online) was a bit of an issue, many games ended up being who is going to shoot the others guys legs first..as it was much easier to take the legs out that the torso... personally i'd hate to see mwo end up a stupid leg hunt..good to know you are keeping an eye on this issue...

Dude, i've played MW2 and 3, and believe me, you dont know anythyng about legging. ;) No offence.

#13 Mister Dubis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 175 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Legging is a concern but i feel its a very valid way to win. Cheap maybe, but still a solid tactic

#14 Wolfeo Verich

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 56 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:04 PM

View PostMister Dubis, on 04 June 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

Legging is a concern but i feel its a very valid way to win. Cheap maybe, but still a solid tactic

Can't win fair? Just win then.

#15 DRAG0NIS

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

Q: [Do you use] french fries as a topping for your burger ?? [WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT]

A: I have - not my thing though. I'm pretty 'vanilla' when it comes to burger toppings. I don't
personally do it, but a lot of people I know dig their fries in shakes. [GARTH]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding me? Really? Of all the questions you asked this??

#16 Jonas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHot Springs Ar.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Come guys. They only pick 3 or 4 questions on average to answer. So stop asking what there favorite food or what they like to drink. If they answered 10 or 15 then cool but when its 3 or 4 how about we ask questions that they haven't already answered. Or how about deep questions. All of these where ether answered before or simply could be answered with common sense on our part.

Anyway still glad you answered them and look forward to more info in the days/weeks to come.

#17 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

View PostAaz, on 04 June 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Dude, i've played MW2 and 3, and believe me, you dont know anythyng about legging. :D No offence.

none taken..;) i know this: legging will happen, i just hope it wont happen in a game breaking degree..cause honestly i find no fun piloting giant war machine ready to wreck havoc on the enemies LEGS.... :rolleyes:

#18 MechRaccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 312 posts
  • LocationIn a dumpster. A walking, nuclear powered, space dumpster with lasers on it.

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

I personally consider melted fried chicken dipped donuts my favorite delicacy. I especially like maple flavor donuts and extra crispy melted chicken.

#19 SweetJackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

These "Ask The Devs" threads are starting to annoy me. It started with providing new information and setting the foundation of the game. Important things like setting the weapon list at launch in stone.

Now? This is all just rehash from previous Dev blogs, monthly releases and Q&A sessions on that content. It doesn't feel like anything new is being released, it feels as if these questions could have been answered by the community by linking Dev quotes, screenshots and game footage.

It's just frustrating when you look through the threads at the questions asked and wondering what is new that the Devs will release or the new details finally refined just to find what was already public knowledge.

Edited by SuckyJack, 04 June 2012 - 03:45 PM.

#20 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:03 PM

Bacon Maple Bar.

If you like doughnuts, move to Portland.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users