33 replies to this topic

#21 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:14 PM

You got it in .pdf? I have the Ghost Bear one as well as the Codes & Procedures of the Warrior Caste one.

#22 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostCoffiNail, on 10 June 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

MW2 Player's Guide written by Blaine Pardoe. The guide was packaed with the MW2 Battlepack box set.

I think between that and what Skylarr posted we see the best example of what might work best.

#23 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostJaroth Winson, on 10 June 2012 - 12:14 PM, said:

You got it in .pdf? I have the Ghost Bear one as well as the Codes & Procedures of the Warrior Caste one.

Nope I had to take a picture with a camera. The Player's Guides I have never found in PDF. I would be interested in what you have though.

#24 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:56 PM

PM :P

#25 CW Archer

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:45 PM

I attempt to post something informative and it still turned into people arguing, funny how that works eh?

#26 Sychodemus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

View PostCW Archer, on 12 June 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

I attempt to post something informative and it still turned into people arguing, funny how that works eh?

It's been this way since the word Zellbrigen was first printed in a book.

#27 CW Archer

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

View PostSychodemus, on 12 June 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

It's been this way since the word Zellbrigen was first printed in a book.

Unfortunately true.

#28 Jack Mercer

Rookie

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

A Zellbrigen Kill bonus would be awesome if you ask me. It shouldn't be hard to do, just a little stat tracking and some conditionals. You inflicted say 95% of the damage to the target (make some allowance for a stray shot or two), target was of your weight class or higher, stayed within 1km, etc. Zellbrigen also doesn't technically need an official challenge. I believe a challenge itself can be something as simple as a weapons lock. The challenge is implied, and assuming your opponent follows Zellbrigen and you picked an appropriate target (your weight class or higher), they cannot refuse.

There could be further bonuses based on circumstances. A Zellbrigen Killing Spree, maybe like a Stravag bonus if multiple enemies attack you (say two IS pilots open fire on one Clan pilot, the Clan pilot would get Zellbrigen against both, with a further bonus if he continues to follow Zellbrigen and kills one or both attackers because he is recognized as being in a 2v1).

Also gets perhaps a smaller bonus if a Clanner loses to an IS Pilot in Zellbrigen, but a second Clanner then honorably engages the IS Pilot and finishes off the IS Pilot.

Assists which violate Zellbrigen would be worth nothing.

The bonus could be relatively small, and should stay smaller than the bonus you get for actually winning the battle. Maybe there could be a bigger bonus for a Zellbrigen Victory, where your team followed Zellbrigen for the majority of the match and won (some allowances for stray shots or whatever). This would make Zellbrigen somewhat of a risk to follow, but can also make it very rewarding. Following Zellbrigen would also somewhat mitigate losing with the subtle implication that winning is more important. I mean that's about how the Clans worked in the novels for the most part anyway.

#29 phelancracken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

Actually, a challenged party could refuse an honor duel if they have a valid target that's their weight class and the challenger is a lower weight class than them. Now, I do like most of your post, it's got good ideas, and it's something that could be worked with. Usually stray shots are very rare. Dueling pairs tend to move away out of weapons range of others to keep that from happening.

#30 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

Nice post, Jack. Although the weapons lock thing might not work. Speaking from a MW4 perspective, you could hear if someone locked onto you, but you would not know who it was specifically.

#31 Last Of The Brunnen-G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:18 PM

I would prefer two options.
First: A clan unit member can choose for his unit to follow zellbriger with all it's difficulties. Players that break this rules get penalized. Others get bonuses.

Second: A single clan faction player could select at the beginning, if he follows zellbriger or not.

Players that follow zellbriger can choose to select an other clan or is player. The choosen one get's the message and has the option to agree if he doesn't follow zellbriger. If he follows zellbriger he is forced to agree, exception made in the zellbriger rules.

#32 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:49 PM

Dont forget 'The Victor Writes the History.', Zell n Honor is all fine and well but Militarily the Clans failed something fierce.
The Clans could have waged a 'Scorched Earth' style of Warfare because they had no need for the resources of the Inner Sphere. Their goal was to get to Terra. If they would have by-passed the rather 'insignificant' systems and concentrated on the House Home Worlds and used their full forces instead of bidding them away the Inner Sphere forces would have melted like a snow ball in hell.
We as Clanners do as everyone else does and call targets for concentrated fire.Doing so is only prudent. 1v1 battles in Quick matches or CW is problematic because inadvertently someone is going to accidentally shoot one of the participants and all hell will break loose.
I like that someone is attempting to bring Zell into the game but as a common practice, its impractical.

#33 Daycrist Bloodfang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:45 AM

What alot of players don't understand is as soon as someone breaks the rules of Zellbrigen, usually the Inner Sphere does, that all those rules are forfeit until the end of the engagement. Also after the Battle of Tukkyid the Clans basically decided that the Inner Sphere was undeserving of Honor so Zell was dropped when facing any Inner Sphere Unit.

Edited by Daycrist Bloodfang, 19 February 2016 - 11:45 AM.

#34 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 20 February 2016 - 04:42 PM

Daycrist knows what's up. I'd say that around this time Zell is a mechanism to limit fighting between the Clans for rights to newly conquered worlds. They can settle system disputes with a minimal amount of forces, ensuring that the frontlines of the Invasion do not suffer logistically.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users