ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

View PostHanaYuriko, on 28 April 2013 - 04:24 AM, said:

Needs a pair of shredded purple shorts then.

LOL Yeah, I can see that, too!

There was a game calledGammarauders which featured giant monsters (like the Teleporturtle) which were armed with equally monstrous weapons. One of the things these main unit pieces could do was eat the infantry. So the ground troops were referred to as "Popcorn".

Alright, I am DONE! Model's constructed, parts tweaked, resized, and everything's textured. I based the paint scheme on Beta Galaxy pattern.

Beta Galaxy: Night Howlers

Clan Ghost Bear's Beta Galaxy usually paints its machines in arctic camouflage. For parade, a dark blue with white and slate gray trim is used. A pattern of white and slate gray resembling cracked ice encircles the waist and arms of 'Mechs, the body of vehicles, and the wings of aerospace fighters.

Now lets get to what y'all come here for. Pics!

http://lady-die.devi...odiak-368380685

Posted ImagePosted Image

Again, thanks for watching, everyone!

also..so that the last thing someone sees is your awesome camo, not my green monstrosity.....

#62 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 28 April 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 28 April 2013 - 05:23 AM, said:

also..so that the last thing someone sees is your awesome camo, not my green monstrosity.....

I'm not one to complain about a little levity!

#63 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

Well, here it starts...
Posted Image

#64 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Another take on the design! This should be interesting.

#65 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostRubidiy, on 28 April 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

Well, here it starts...

Looks like a Ghost Bear ceremonial mask to me. Though I must say, if you are posting a new design or take, common manners would be to start your own topic instead of hijacking another artist's.

#66 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:05 AM

HanaYuriko
Am I hijacking? :P

Bishop Steiner
Would you please be so kind, start your own topic about hijacking. That would be very nice of you.

#67 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

I'm not one to quibble since I've pretty much completed my build. Usually people would start their own project thread. But this isn't exactly a dedicated art forum like Sci-Fi Meshes or the sister site Military Meshes. Where building on someone else's project thread is frowned upon.

I'd say it's a bit of a grey area around here. If you want to continue on with yours, go right ahead. Or start a new thread of your own. Though in the future I'd suggest starting your own topic like the multiple Mad Dog and Timber Wolf topics that can be found in this section. The mods hadn't merged them into one mega-thread so I can only infer their reasoning.

#68 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:23 AM

HanaYuriko
Thanks for explaining. Thing is, that these are not rules common for everyone. I'm leading coupla threads on other forums myself, and there creating a duplicated thread is definitely frowned upon. :P Just imagine, how many threads already are in Fan Art sub forum... multiply it on number of mechs and takes on design. I'm willing to continue posting images here just for the convenience of others, not for myself.
You've already created a thread called " The Kodiak", so why should I create another one, if this thread may become a place where people can take a look on various Kodiak designs??? And shure enough I'm taking into account the fact that you've already finished. But most importantly, I would like to know your opinion and maybe get some help ^_^ from you. (I've started working in 3D apps just coupla weeks ago). Without any overstatement my desire to create 'mech designs is inspired by you.

Edited by Rubidiy, 29 April 2013 - 03:31 AM.

#69 HanaYuriko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:01 AM

Like I said, continue here if you like or start your own thread. It doesn't bother me either way.

#70 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostRubidiy, on 29 April 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

HanaYuriko
Thanks for explaining. Thing is, that these are not rules common for everyone. I'm leading coupla threads on other forums myself, and there creating a duplicated thread is definitely frowned upon. :huh: Just imagine, how many threads already are in Fan Art sub forum... multiply it on number of mechs and takes on design. I'm willing to continue posting images here just for the convenience of others, not for myself.
You've already created a thread called " The Kodiak", so why should I create another one, if this thread may become a place where people can take a look on various Kodiak designs??? And shure enough I'm taking into account the fact that you've already finished. But most importantly, I would like to know your opinion and maybe get some help :lol: from you. (I've started working in 3D apps just coupla weeks ago). Without any overstatement my desire to create 'mech designs is inspired by you.

The number of threads really don't matter that much. That said, Hana is a lot more open and relaxed then some. Probably the best thing to do, tbh, is to ask the OP if they mind. If OP is OK with it, then it becomes a Threadnaught dedicated to Kodiak designs, or flowers or whatever.

Thing is, oftentimes, the thread is specifically dedicated to that specific artists attempt at something, and they want it to be clear and uncluttered for feedback, exposure purposes, etc. Basically, since many of us are fighting for exposure, it literally effects our livelihood to varying degrees. In those cases the thread is not a "Kodiak Thread" but "Bishops Kodiak Thread" or Hana's, or ShortPainter's or Flying Debris' or such. It's about the artist then, not the object, so much.

I will contact the Mods though, not to report, but because Forums and rules, manners, etc, DO vary and can be rather byzantine, and ask if they would pin one on Hijacking to the top. This forum and fan fiction are about IPs and such, which is why they can be touchy. You are fortunate that the only thing that seems to get under HanaYuriko's skin is calling her a him. (just don't do it! :D )

If anything, this forum doesn't need to be cleaned up by topic so much as by Poster, in most cases.

#71 Mokou

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

It looks cool. But... not fearsome.
Kodiak must be is like atlas, damn big 100 tonn fearsome monster. But u'r version looks more... cute or smth.

#72 Nathan Foxbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

Love what you have done with the Kodiak Hana. It looks more like what I would expect for a monster of a 'Mech with that name. Really like what you did with the Ultra 20 and having it look like a real cannon instead of a gaping hole in the 'Mech.

#73 benthebarbarian

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

the Kodiak is my favorite mech. What a machine! and when they introduced it's melee, it was even better.

#74 Gnatter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

Looks better with the camo. With out the camo it still, to be, looks like the head is just a tad too big. Overall, love it!

#75 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:13 AM

nice touch. we NEED this mech.

#76 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:47 AM

I'm very impressed with your 3D modeling skills, but here's my sugestion:

Make the head a little less "timid", either by changing the cockpit to looking like narrowed fierce eyes, or by adding a different snarling mouth, or something...

Also, lift the arms higher, with the shoulders actually above the head, or in level of the head. Make them strongly pronounced (like on the Atlas or on the Battlemaster), make the arms stand higher like the atlas perhapse, and generaly make the whole design less "yogi" and more "gonna rip you to peices".

Great work! Keep it up!

Edited by Vellron2005, 29 June 2015 - 05:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users