Custom Heavy Metal Kill Sounds?

32 replies to this topic

Poll: Custom Heavy Metal(highlander) kill sounds (93 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a feature you would be interested in?

1. yes (79 votes [84.95%])

Percentage of vote: 84.95%

2. no (14 votes [15.05%])

Percentage of vote: 15.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Tsunamisan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

Ys but it needs to be a PGI approved clip

#22 Rabid Dutchman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 196 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

I would be interested in an external speaker module that would play your own sounds upon a certain condition (kill, victory, push a button, etc).

However this would get abused with inappropriate things. Especially by me. I would upload Tyrion Lanister yelling "**** them in their *****!" to be played every time I pushed a certain button lol.

#23 Solomon Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

Loudspeaker griefing.

#24 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

I`d personally like it, but 2 major issues that are the reasons it will probably never fly.

1. Abuse: How do you stop someone from using **** propaganda, Offensive language, or other "Non desirable" soundfiles without hand auditing each and every one? Possible, but a huge workload and costs factor.

2. Absolute Copyright Nightmare because every time a clip plays in match it fits the legal criteria for a "Public performance", meaning artists would start wanting compensation and sue to get it.

#25 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

I would end up buying a Heavy Metal just so I could blast the "Aint Nobody got Time for That" autotuned song with every kill.

#26 Gaan Cathal

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostShumabot, on 08 May 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

I'd rather they just make the sounds it has now actually be "heavy metal". They somehow missed the genre of music.

Elvis Presley isn't heavy metal, fella.

On topic, this won't happen. Do you really think that anyone who hasn't bought a Highlander is going to buy one because now they can customise the sound it makes? Really? Certainly not enough to justify any amount of coding time on PGI's part.

#27 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:57 PM

will pay for Duke Nukem quotes

People do pay for sound changes, like in Heroes of Newerth. You can pay to change your 3D model in DoTa 2. Developers know these things in free 2 play, people will pay for things that don't offer any advantages whatsoever.

Edited by General Taskeen, 22 June 2013 - 07:01 PM.

#28 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostBlue Footed Booby, on 21 April 2013 - 08:17 AM, said:

My immediate reaction was "what makes you think this won't result in 100% of users picking Full Metal Jacket quotes and horrifically profane gangster rap" but I see you thought of that. :V

This is one of those things that'd be really, really easy to support just by having the sound file stored separately from the giant pack of sound effects, and encoded in some commonplace format. Honestly, I think most games would be improved by making it possible for users to override at least some portion of the game assets. You wouldn't want to allow this for mech models, textures, or sounds as people could use this to cheat but it'd be harmless (and awesome) to be able to customize parts of the cockpit that don't compete with the microtransactions. If I were PGI I'd then watch whatever mod sites sprang up and use the "top 10 most downloaded" list to come up with lucrative ideas for additions to the MC store.

Because I would probably put in R Lee Ermy as my sound files. Some people would be putting in disgusting noises and that would be fun I am sure.

#29 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

Should be able to pull a riff from any song, like a Chunky Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica or Testament riff. Rockn' The Headbang Man!! Even that Chunky riff in Mechwarrior mercs during the mission play was Darn sweet.

Edited by SaltBeef, 02 February 2014 - 11:04 PM.

#30 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:04 PM

Tricky one but a Brian Blessed line: Impetuous Boy from Flash Gordon will be both funny and epic when killing someone, along his chuckles and DIVE!! for the DFA

#31 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

Too Bad it was already used in Carmageddon GAME Yeah I am a sick PUPPY and was rockin the ELECTRO ******* RAY with the Splatter Bonus and artistic Impression. This one was not

Edited by SaltBeef, 02 February 2014 - 11:22 PM.

#32 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

Could use some Avenged Sevenfold "Hail to the King" when I kill my enemies!

#33 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 09:51 AM

to be honest of all the war horns in game this is the only one I actually don't mind hearing and to be honest I wish I could replace all of the war horn files with this one for my client side.

the thing I don't get is, that mechs come with noise buffers I think is what Herb* once called them and they prevent almost all of the outside sounds like music from being heard, though things like explosions on the other and your own weapon fire can still be heard within the cockpit.

in other words that is the 'realistic' thing that Burn was talking about.

also I don't like anything people have truly posted up, I am more of a classical music lover myself, I like more intelligent music than what we have now a days.

now if we are just talking about say Person X wants to have some brain dead screaming people call music then as long as it is on their side then more power to them, let their ears bleed, however if it can be heard on my end as well then we would have a problem.

I only use headsets to hear voip conversations while my speakers are for everything else, and the last thing I want to hear at 2 in the morning is some brain dead (real) heavymetal and screaming coming from my speakers.

*Herb & Coleman are the ones who set the rules and what is & isn't cannon under the Battletech & MW canon.

Edited by VinJade, 11 April 2016 - 09:59 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users