Repair Tool FRead

405 replies to this topic

#301 Courina

Rookie

• Hojuhei
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCyberWorld

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:07 PM

not sure why, but for mine the mwo repair tool itself isnt really stable, randomly crash/stopped working when downloading the pak files. but it does do the job thought...

only unbearable thing for me is when it have to check files unzipping it one by one...

also , i wanna ask if can the scan and fix process automated to be single process? (or give option for it?) have it to wait to scan finishes to press "fix it" button kinda ... tiresome...

Edited by Courina, 15 December 2014 - 12:16 PM.

#302 Flagrum

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:23 AM

Tried it, doesn't work, crashes on reading the sys config.

#303 Kukola666

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:17 AM

Every time PGI releases a new patch, the game crashes. I have to run the repair tool 2-3 times to make the game work. It used to work in the past. The repair tool used to find many corrupted files, but the most funny part is that the Objects.pak is always corrupt. Since yesterday I ran the repair tool 4 times. It doesn't work - it always finds some file that are corrupt. I tried to download it manually - the same result. I've written emails weeks ago to the support, no answer. I still can't imagine if they know the problem exists why not doing anything. I'm not a legendary founder, also haven't bought any of the 50$ pack - I've bought a Firebrand only, but I definitely not want to spend money something that doesn't work. I'm getting frustrated and disappointed...I work as a developer and one of the first rule is always fix errors then bring new features - simply couldn't understand why PGI choose a different way. Also the throttle bug hasn't been fixed for a year...at least the Jager's shadow not looks like a TIE-fighter now...anyone else has problem with the patch released yesterday?

#304 9iceman9rdi

Rookie

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

After I click the FIX button, the repair tool crashes. Here is the output from Windows 7 64bit.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: mworepairtool.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.1.3.0
Problem Signature 03: 518167cc
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.18444
Problem Signature 06: 52717edc
Problem Signature 07: 442a
Problem Signature 08: 13c
Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

#305 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:34 AM

Are you using the downloaded version (which is now obsolete btw) or the one that can be launched from the patcher and is located in the bin folder?

#306 crewman6

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 16 July 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

So fix this problem in the new repairtool.

It repairs file, but it doens't.
So the game crashes on not finding a *.PAK file.

Same here. Had to re-install the whole thing.

#307 Grugore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

Did I go blind, or is the download link missing? I can't find it.

#308 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

Don't have to download it anymore, it is installed with the rest of the game. In the patch window, click on the settings button up top and you should see it. Launch from there or go to the MechWarrior Online/bin32 folder

Edited by p4r4g0n, 29 January 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#309 Viete66

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

i want to cry(engine) error: [color=#959595]"FRead did not read expected number of byte from file, only 128 of 0 bytes read"[/color] again and again. i run the repair tool now the 5th time....
after the 4th, i try to play and finaly it as worked......... for ONE round. yes 3houers per tool run for ONE round. after the round i try to pick my next mech and ERROR

i need 8h to reinstal the game and i hope somone can help me

#310 Dusty Howard

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:45 PM

I'm not sure if it was intentionally or accidentally removed, however no more manual download on this forum for the mwo repair tool and i can't find it anywhere else online, all links lead to this one. I'd appreciate a link for the download be reintroduced though. I know there is one in the mwo patcher but I've had several occasions where the mwo repair tool was the file that was bad and the only way to fix the game was a clean install or using the mwo repair tool that you can manually use. I don't have an issue right now but the problems happened frequently enough that I'm sure I'll need it in the future.

#311 Marlbor0Man

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

Edited by Marlbor0Man, 15 February 2015 - 07:32 PM.

#312 TacoTurtle

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:08 PM

View PostDusty Howard, on 15 February 2015 - 05:45 PM, said:

I'm not sure if it was intentionally or accidentally removed, however no more manual download on this forum for the mwo repair tool and i can't find it anywhere else online, all links lead to this one. I'd appreciate a link for the download be reintroduced though. I know there is one in the mwo patcher but I've had several occasions where the mwo repair tool was the file that was bad and the only way to fix the game was a clean install or using the mwo repair tool that you can manually use. I don't have an issue right now but the problems happened frequently enough that I'm sure I'll need it in the future.

When you start the game and get the screen to push play, look in the top right corner and you will see two little cog wheels. Click that and you will see the repair tool. I just ran it tonight because I cant turn on the voip in the update since I had it turned off before the update I suppose.

#313 VegOilBurner

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:25 AM

Hello, where can I find a download for this tool??

I understand that it is installed now via the game installer, but, I am trying to install this on Ubuntu using WINE and the launcher will not run. The work around is to run the repair tool and IT will download the needed files.

#314 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:53 AM

Suggest that you copy the exe from the Bin32 folder on a Windows install rather than look for a download link that may be pointing at an outdated version.

#315 Renee Zellbrigen

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 62 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPlanet Tamar

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

So much for coming back to this, I'm having the same stupid issue involving objects.pak.

#316 BionicleVeteran

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 04:56 AM

Every now and again my game turns off after loading. If it doesn't turn off then, it turns off after joining a game or exiting one. I tried the repair tool and it works sometimes. But mostly it doesn't. Can I get some help please?

#317 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:40 AM

Who are you expecting help from with this post?

If it is PGI, you should be mailing support@mwomercs.com.

If it is the community, there is not enough information in your post that would allow anyone to do anything more than make a WAG. A detailed description of your comp specs would be a good place to start.

#318 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:28 AM

View PostBionicleVeteran, on 14 March 2015 - 04:56 AM, said:

Every now and again my game turns off after loading. If it doesn't turn off then, it turns off after joining a game or exiting one. I tried the repair tool and it works sometimes. But mostly it doesn't. Can I get some help please?

Crash on match load and exit is a pretty common bug.
I find it is more likely to happen the longer the game has been running, so exit game after an hour or two might help.

Can send in crash dumps, which might help them fix in next patch.
I dont know, I send in the dumps but never had a human reply so dont know if looked at or ignored.

#319 blackscar

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:39 PM

it fine and nice to talk about repair tool but how you download it. it bad enough I started with nothing again non stat none of the mechs I had but now cant reload the game'

#320 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 17 March 2015 - 07:08 AM

The tool is installed when you install the game. Link to it is in the top right under the "gears" icon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users