• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:06 PM

View PostGofer, on 17 June 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

Dear PGI Repair Tool "Team" -

Since the Patch on 6/16/15, I have been unable to load and enter the Veridian Bog Map... now.. while this isnt such a loss in and of itself, (dont like the map), I find that when I 'm in Drops with my friends, and we get sent to that map, I get a spinning wheel of death displaying as the map tries to load.. and ... it stays there.

To remedy this, I attempted to use the "REPAIR TOOL", because that's the same advice that always given.... (Besides reboot and delete shaders and reload client advice that ALWAYS happens). So that too is unsuccessful. When I run the repair tool, it gets as far as: Checking File: Game/levels/terraceswamp/level.pak then it hangs for 3-5 min, then returns the error: Caught an Exception while Generating Local Hashes! Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check). Terminating repair Process.

I run this software on 64 bit mode with dX11 on a box driven by an AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon HD Graphics using a GeForce GTX 780 and sporting 8.0 GB RAM using 1920x1080, 60hz

Please advise How I get past the Looping Hang Up on the Repair Tool ? ANY help that you could offer would help me get back to gaming again.... Thanks !!

I just had this problem, I was playing then went to dinner came back and bam game would not load up. Running repair tool at the top right corner of load screen under gear icon I let it scan. It hung for me at game\space_ig.pak every time then gave a random error and stopped. Finally I decided that before a reinstall I would just delete the file it was hanging on. I did so then ran scan tool and it completed perfectly and was fixed.

I do not know if this will fix your problem but good luck and God Bless

#362 AliciaKimiko

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:02 AM

Dear PGI Repair Tool Team,

Today, I hadn't played in probably 2 weeks. Today, I click on the launcher, and it asked me to patch. I mouse over the "patch" button, it lighted up, I clicked on it and waited. Nothing happened.I mouse out and the "patch" button was slightly dimmed. Mouse over again and it lighted up. So I guess the GUI did not hang.

Thinking something is wrong, I uninstalled the game, downloaded the latest installer from the website, and installed the game. Same thing, fire-up the launcher, and the same patch thing happened. No activity at all after I click on the "patch" button.

Next, I went to the bin32 directory and fire-up the repair tool. When I click on the "Start Scan" button, same thing. Nothing happened. The "start scan" button had the animation of being depressed/undepressed when I clicked on it. So it is not the GUI problem.

There is the "Options" button on the top left of the repair tool. Clicked on it, same animation, but nothing happened.

I really love this game. Please help to fix. Let me know what other information you need.

I am running win 7, 64 bit mode, dx11, AMD Radeon HD 7970M, Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30Ghz

Thank you. :)

Edited by AliciaKimiko, 17 October 2015 - 03:06 AM.

#363 wrestlerjrh

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:37 AM

where do I download this from?

#364 Myckyl

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:15 PM

Is there a link to the repair tool in this thread? I can't find the link.

#365 Myckyl

Rookie

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 03:45 PM

Is there a link to the repair tool in this thread? I can't find the link.

#366 Martin77

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 21 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:40 AM

In the launcher in upper left corner is a cogwheel with options, and there is the actual repair tool too.

Edited by Martin77, 09 November 2015 - 05:45 AM.

#367 Maie

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:09 AM

Where ze hell i download the tool? literally no links here...

#368 nubbear

• Pip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:04 PM

Is there a repair tool for steam? Tried using file integrity checker but does not fix some graphics issue. Need the repair tool to try to flush the shaders.

#369 paanpanda28

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2015 - 01:11 PM

wait,how do i download the fix tool? i cant see any links..

#370 Reyalis

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:33 AM

I never downloaded the tool and it was already in my Bin32 folder.

Check here -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32

#371 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:58 PM

wheres the gosh darn repair tool, it does not reside in my bin32 folder in my steam install, there is no longer alink to d-load the stand alone. Please advise.

#372 Holographic

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:25 PM

where the hell do i download this for steam

Edited by Holographic, 01 January 2016 - 09:29 PM.

#373 Jedderus

Rookie

• Sergeant
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

View PostKrist Smith, on 25 April 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

The MWO Repair Tool

-What is it?
The MWO Repair Tool simply scans your install base for files that are invalid, corrupt, or out of place. If a file is found to be corrupt or invalid (for whatever reason) is re-downloaded and placed in the proper location. If a file is found in the install base which shouldn't be there, it is deleted. Additionally, the repair tool can be set to wipe out the shader cache, which will just be re-generated the next time the game is run. This is to ensure that everyone's shader cache doesn't contain any old or obsolete shaders that may cause graphical issues.

-Will it fix my problems?
This is a difficult question to answer, since so many symptoms can seem to indicate many different problems. The MWO Repair Tool ensures that your install base is completely valid. The most common symptoms of an invalid or corrupt install base are things like the "FRead crash", or similar crashes to desktop. Hopefully over time we can develop a list of common symptoms of an invalid/corrupt install base, but we're not at that point yet. The repair tool cannot fix underlying problems with the game or net code, obviously.

-Will this affect my profile or other local settings?
Your profile will not be touched by the repair tool. Any configuration changes, such as key mappings and such, will remain intact. However, changes to any file controlled by us (like system.cfg, for example) will be reset to default, since these files are not supposed to be modified anyway. In addition, files that are not part of a typical install base are wiped out. This does not include no-impact files like log files, but it does include config files that aren't installed by default (for example systemoverride.cfg).

-What if the MWO Repair Tool doesn't fix my problem?
Unfortunately, this would indicate that you have a problem in either the game/net code, or something external (which could be anything from an ISP issue to a local issue with your PC). As such, the best course of action is to open a support ticket as per usual so the team can review the details and suggest a resolution or work on a fix.

-What if the MWO Repair Tool itself is broken or doesn't work?
Please contact me (Krist Smith) directly, via PM in these forums. Please, only PM me if the repair tool itself is broken, not the game. No problems have occurred through all our testing, but, as demonstrated by the game itself, you can prove that things work for 999,999 people, but that doesn't guarantee it will work for the 1,000,000th user. I will work on fixes and post new versions as soon as possible.

-How do I know if there's a new version available?
I will be placing new versions in the same location. Each update will come with a new version number. The current version number is visible in the options window on the bottom-left. That may change, and, if so, I will update this post. I will also post updates to the forums (hopefully directly to this thread if it doesn't get locked down from me) when I publish new versions.

So, down to the nitty-gritty...

-How does it work?
1) Download the MWO Repair Tool to any location on your computer. If you want to place it in the game folder (for the sake of cleanliness or whatnot), then place it in the Bin32 folder. Any other place in the game's install base and the tool will think that it's an invalid file and try to delete itself (...not good).
2) Start the tool. It will automatically try to find the game's install base. If it can't, then it will prompt you to locate it. It needs to know where the base folder is (the one that contains Bin32, Game, Engine, etc.).
3) Adjust the options if necessary. The default options are set to delete out of place local files (file that are in your install base but shouldn't be), as well as clearing your shader cache. You can disable either of these, but it's advised to leave them on. They don't represent any significant amount of time in scanning or repairing.
4) Run the scan. This will take 5-10 minutes, depending on your hardware. It's pretty intensive, so you might notice other programs chugging while the repair tool works.
5) Once the scan completes, if there were any errors found (or you have the option enabled to clear the shader cache), a "Fix" button will pop up. Click it and it will remedy any of the problems found during the scan. Again, this can mean downloading fresh copies of corrupt/invalid files or deleting improper files.
6) Once the fixing completes, you can go ahead and close the repair tool and start the game. Hopefully the problems are gone. If not, then the next step would be to open a support ticket.

Current version: 1.1.3.0

Changelog:
*Spelling fixes

*Some spelling fixes
*A fix for systemoverride.cfg being deleted even when the option isn't enabled
*Added warning in description header within the application
*More descriptive output detailing what will happen when you click "Fix"

*Fixed a path problem when auto-detecting game folder doesn't work immediately.

*Additional check to ensure the tool is repairing the correct folder.
*Additional options:
-Clear downloaded FE textures (default on)
-Clear profile (default off)
-Delete systemoverride.cfg (default off)

What happens if the Repair Tool is missing from the Bin32 and Bin64 folders?

#374 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:06 PM

where is this tool?

#375 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 09 January 2016 - 12:12 AM

It should be located in Pirahna Games/MechWarrior Online/Bin 32

If it is not there, contact technical@mwomercs.com to ask for a download location, get a friend to mail it to you from their install or reinstall the game.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 09 January 2016 - 12:13 AM.

#376 Dinhtri

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:29 AM

where is the link

#377 Dinhtri

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 07:40 AM

Where the hell is the fricking link

#378 Dubbelklik

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

Forgive my stupidity, but where do I click to download the MWO Repair Tool? I cannot find it anywhere, but I'm sure I must just not be looking in the correct place.

Edit: Never mind. I didn't realize I already had it, and just had to click the cog on the launcher screen.

Edited by Dubbelklik, 24 January 2016 - 12:05 PM.

#379 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2016 - 12:12 PM

You don't this was an old post for the original website client.

The repair tool is not in the Steam download for some...odd reason.

#380 Rayz21

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:30 PM

For Steam user, use this:
Q: Will I still need or be able to use the MWO Repair Tool?

Steam has its own integrity checker, so you won't need to use our Repair Tool if you're running MWO through Steam. If you run into an issue after applying a patch through Steam, you can verify the integrity of your game cache with the following steps:

• Open Steam

Access the Library
Right click on MechWarrior Online
Select Properties
Click the Local Files tab
Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Edited by Rayz21, 30 January 2016 - 07:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users