405 replies to this topic

#381 H_Guderian

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2 posts
  • LocationWyoming

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:38 PM

Where is the repair tool download I dont see it ?

#382 Melioetta Zyguard

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:03 PM

View PostIrwinRommel, on 13 February 2016 - 12:38 PM, said:

Where is the repair tool download I dont see it ?

I don't see it too lol

#383 Dreammirror

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:26 PM

The repair tool used to have an option to play in 32bit or 64 bit; since Tuesday's patch(3/15/2016), I no longer see this option, & can't play the game. The patch reset my option to play in 64 bit, and my computer can only play in 32 bit conditions. I can't log onto my account to change it. I have removed the game from my computer and reloaded it 5 times, and run the repair tool 6 times now. no luck. Any ideas?

#384 Heavyarms76

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts
  • LocationExpress Elevator Going Down!

Posted 18 March 2016 - 01:51 AM

View PostDreammirror, on 17 March 2016 - 06:26 PM, said:

The repair tool used to have an option to play in 32bit or 64 bit; since Tuesday's patch(3/15/2016), I no longer see this option, & can't play the game. The patch reset my option to play in 64 bit, and my computer can only play in 32 bit conditions. I can't log onto my account to change it. I have removed the game from my computer and reloaded it 5 times, and run the repair tool 6 times now. no luck. Any ideas?

There is a forum on here called missing 32 bit launcher in the work around area of the forums, we found a work around that helps you launch directly from the 32 bit client. your pretty much going to make a shortcut of the 32 bit client launcher and replace the target property with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32\MWOClient.exe" -flowthru or with D: whatever drive the files are saved under that should resolve your problem. If you have any questions or need help post on here i try to check forums everynight

#385 HxKaz

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:05 AM

how do i download repair tool ??
i couldn't find any link to click

#386 Iyrin God

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:33 PM

I am unable to start up the game and i am also not able to find the repair tool to fix my problem, can someone please help me.

#387 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 02 May 2016 - 02:04 PM

Once again, please note this thread is very old. The tool is NO LONGER a separately downloaded file.

If you are using the standalone client, the tool if accessed from the "gear icon" on the top right.

If you are running the game from Steam, this option is not available and AFAIK (I do not use Steam), the only option is to clear the game cache.

#388 BiggRigg42

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

What if I clear the cache, and it still doesn't work?

#389 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:53 AM

I suggest contacting technical@mwomercs.com for tech support.

#390 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:48 PM

View PostRayz21, on 30 January 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

For Steam user, use this:
Q: Will I still need or be able to use the MWO Repair Tool?

Steam has its own integrity checker, so you won't need to use our Repair Tool if you're running MWO through Steam. If you run into an issue after applying a patch through Steam, you can verify the integrity of your game cache with the following steps:
• Open Steam

Access the Library
Right click on MechWarrior Online
Select Properties
Click the Local Files tab
Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache

Hello and thank you for this efficient and informative reply for Steam User's! Being a closed beta tester I certainly didn't use Steam, hehe, but I do now for ease of use, and it was Steam that actually brought me back to MW:O after taking a couple years off. Which, was a good idea because I came back with a completely different attitude and outlook on the game, but dagnabbit - it was hard watching where the game was headed for a period of time. Not to mention all of my MW:O closest friend's and clanmates leaving left and right. Anyhow, I didn't mean to start rambling, haha, I meant to leave the first sentence.

Thank you, once again, Rayz regardless Posted Image Happy Gaming m8 <o

Edited by STR8-Eight, 21 June 2016 - 11:49 PM.

#391 Mcbleakbleak

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 09:52 AM

so wheres the download???

#392 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:45 AM

This thread is obsolete. The tool is now part of the game installation if you are using the stand alone client and is accessed by clicking on the "gear wheel" icon in the top right.

If you are using Steam, this tool is not available as I believe you use the Steam client's tool to clear the cache and check application integrity. However, as I do not use Steam I am not certain about this.

If no one else steps up to give you a more definitive answer on this I suggest contacting suport at general@mwomercs.com for assistance.

#393 Ahleena Kerensky II

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2016 - 05:02 PM

Well the steam tool doesn't work, support doesn't do **** and this has been around for what, nearly 5 years?! Epic fail PGI, I can no longer play a single a game anymore now and my premium time is being being wasted. Several people I invited to the game during steam release have left the game because of the game breaking bug and they too had no support. Epic fail PGI, epic fail. Go on and blame peoples ISP and systems but thats not the problem it's your crappy programming and customer support of lack thereof that is respnsible. Your company deserves to go bust with the complete disregard your showing loyal players. Such a ******* shame because I've enjoyed this game but now it's just money sucking headache. Thanks for doing jack **** after 5 years already....

Edited by Ahleena Kerensky II, 07 August 2016 - 05:03 PM.

#394 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 08 August 2016 - 02:59 PM

Rage all you want but it will not get you far...anyhow, the following.

View PostTarl Cabot, on 08 August 2016 - 03:17 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...solved-i-think/

For just a few examples where players fixed their fread-did-not-read issue. Another where the player replaced his hard drive and doing a complete system install. There are postings for other Cryengine games generating the same error message.

For the OP, are you using the same game installation for both the Clan/IS accounts? Do you play both appropriately equal amount of time? Which queues do you primarily play in for each account? And for QP/GROUP, are both accounts the same tier?

32bit/64bit OS, 32/64bit game?

As to why one and not the other, there are individual PAK files for each mech, patterns, etc. Those PAKS have to be opened and read by the game which is done from HD to memory, but if memory is unstable/faulty, when it opens up enough PAKS to hit that trouble spot the game crash. When the game crashes unexpectedly, that can also corrupt a specific PAK(s) loaded on the HD.

When it does crash, if you are using the standalone client, run the repair tool but do not fix anything. Take a screen shot of the info/save then reboot. Do not start any other programs. Run the repair tool again and compare the results. Allow repair tool to complete its work.

#395 Mnexus

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 02:50 PM

OK enough is enough... HOW many DAYS should we have to spend running this MWO repair tool I have spent HUNDREDS of dollars and YEARS trying to play this game only to have PGI treat me and the community like this game is still in an alpha state. I`d have been fired from my job if any network I was adminning ran like this pos. Lets face it the unexcpected error is totally expected. Watching people get disconnected at drop is getting ridiculously old and i refuse to believe that 2 people out of every match have crappy systems that can`t handle this game. Then to rub salt in the wound it is impossible to get back in in time to not get penalized for something that is THE FAULY OF PGI!!! Why not put out a Torrent FILE for the corrupted freaking updates. OMG! THAT wouldnt get corrupted and take only a few minutes to dload. TOO LOGICAL for PGI? "Pretty Goofy Ideas" really needs to fix their broken crap and tighten up their coding as if they actually care about the people that play this game and it`s community. At least make it possible to report PGI for lack of participation if you arent going to fix the game you started to make but didnt really bother to debug....

Edited by Mnexus, 25 August 2016 - 03:00 PM.

#396 Renegade max

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:06 PM

where do I download the patcher repair tool. I cant see where it is anywhere. Thanks.

#397 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:19 PM

It is no longer available for download by itself. It is only installed when standalone version is installed (non-Steam). It is located in the MWO/32bin folder for the file itself, or with the MWO launchpad, the upper right corner cog wheel. If using Steam, use the Test Game Integrity.

#398 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:32 AM

I don't even see a upper right corner cog wheel anymore...?

For anyone else who stumbles upon this thread, the repair tool is found in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\Bin32

and is called MWORepairTool.exe

Edited by Appogee, 11 December 2016 - 12:38 AM.

#399 LtTr0g

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:18 AM

View PostKrist Smith, on 25 April 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

The MWO Repair Tool

-What is it?
The MWO Repair Tool simply scans your install base for files that are invalid, corrupt, or out of place. If a file is found to be corrupt or invalid (for whatever reason) is re-downloaded and placed in the proper location. If a file is found in the install base which shouldn't be there, it is deleted. Additionally, the repair tool can be set to wipe out the shader cache, which will just be re-generated the next time the game is run. This is to ensure that everyone's shader cache doesn't contain any old or obsolete shaders that may cause graphical issues.

-Will it fix my problems?
This is a difficult question to answer, since so many symptoms can seem to indicate many different problems. The MWO Repair Tool ensures that your install base is completely valid. The most common symptoms of an invalid or corrupt install base are things like the "FRead crash", or similar crashes to desktop. Hopefully over time we can develop a list of common symptoms of an invalid/corrupt install base, but we're not at that point yet. The repair tool cannot fix underlying problems with the game or net code, obviously.

-Will this affect my profile or other local settings?
Your profile will not be touched by the repair tool. Any configuration changes, such as key mappings and such, will remain intact. However, changes to any file controlled by us (like system.cfg, for example) will be reset to default, since these files are not supposed to be modified anyway. In addition, files that are not part of a typical install base are wiped out. This does not include no-impact files like log files, but it does include config files that aren't installed by default (for example systemoverride.cfg).

-What if the MWO Repair Tool doesn't fix my problem?
Unfortunately, this would indicate that you have a problem in either the game/net code, or something external (which could be anything from an ISP issue to a local issue with your PC). As such, the best course of action is to open a support ticket as per usual so the team can review the details and suggest a resolution or work on a fix.

-What if the MWO Repair Tool itself is broken or doesn't work?
Please contact me (Krist Smith) directly, via PM in these forums. Please, only PM me if the repair tool itself is broken, not the game. No problems have occurred through all our testing, but, as demonstrated by the game itself, you can prove that things work for 999,999 people, but that doesn't guarantee it will work for the 1,000,000th user. I will work on fixes and post new versions as soon as possible.

-How do I know if there's a new version available?
I will be placing new versions in the same location. Each update will come with a new version number. The current version number is visible in the options window on the bottom-left. That may change, and, if so, I will update this post. I will also post updates to the forums (hopefully directly to this thread if it doesn't get locked down from me) when I publish new versions.

So, down to the nitty-gritty...

-How does it work?
1) Download the MWO Repair Tool to any location on your computer. If you want to place it in the game folder (for the sake of cleanliness or whatnot), then place it in the Bin32 folder. Any other place in the game's install base and the tool will think that it's an invalid file and try to delete itself (...not good).
2) Start the tool. It will automatically try to find the game's install base. If it can't, then it will prompt you to locate it. It needs to know where the base folder is (the one that contains Bin32, Game, Engine, etc.).
3) Adjust the options if necessary. The default options are set to delete out of place local files (file that are in your install base but shouldn't be), as well as clearing your shader cache. You can disable either of these, but it's advised to leave them on. They don't represent any significant amount of time in scanning or repairing.
4) Run the scan. This will take 5-10 minutes, depending on your hardware. It's pretty intensive, so you might notice other programs chugging while the repair tool works.
5) Once the scan completes, if there were any errors found (or you have the option enabled to clear the shader cache), a "Fix" button will pop up. Click it and it will remedy any of the problems found during the scan. Again, this can mean downloading fresh copies of corrupt/invalid files or deleting improper files.
6) Once the fixing completes, you can go ahead and close the repair tool and start the game. Hopefully the problems are gone. If not, then the next step would be to open a support ticket.

Current version: 1.1.3.0

Changelog:
*Spelling fixes

*Some spelling fixes
*A fix for systemoverride.cfg being deleted even when the option isn't enabled
*Added warning in description header within the application
*More descriptive output detailing what will happen when you click "Fix"

*Fixed a path problem when auto-detecting game folder doesn't work immediately.

*Additional check to ensure the tool is repairing the correct folder.
*Additional options:
-Clear downloaded FE textures (default on)
-Clear profile (default off)
-Delete systemoverride.cfg (default off)

great tells me everything I need to know about the tool.... except where to get it from. Can you give me a hint

#400 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,658 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:01 AM

It only comes with the Stand alone version, not the Steam version. That does not mean you can not install the standalone, but dont fully patch it, then move the repairtool and the standalone patcher to the Steam's MWO, then you can run Steam, without Steam and run the Repair Tool.

The mechwarrioronline.exe and mworepairtool.exe would both go into the Bin32 folder.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 04 February 2017 - 09:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users