228Th Independent Battlemech Regiment

216 replies to this topic

#161 Connor Sellock

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:00 PM

It has been and remains an honor to game alongside and across from the accomplhed and honorable gamers of 228IBR.

<O Friends and associates of Deadfire, we of House Kurita, salute you for gaming!

#162 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 25 March 2015 - 09:39 PM

you guys are always awesome to play with :D

#163 IronChance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 259 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:27 PM

Local Hero

Sirus Conroy
Comstar Associated Press Service
Embedded with the 228th Independent Battlemech Regiment
Tukayyid

By now it’s clear to everyone that what’s taking place on Tukayyid is more than just another contest between an embattled House and an invading Clan. Forces representing all of the Houses of the Inner Sphere and most of the major mercenary units have gathered on this grassy world in numbers never before seen. Their goal is to check the Clan advance toward Terra. As the Clans close ranks to face the threat of a unified enemy, the struggle on Tukayyid has become the most meaningful of all the campaigns fought so far in this war.

The 228th Independent Battlemech Regiment, already short of supplies and ‘mechs and equipment, has hurriedly deployed to the planet at the personal request of the Coordinator. After several days of fighting, during which terrific casualties have been inflicted on both sides, one of the 228th’s companies finds itself ordered to rearm and repair as quickly as possible before being redeployed to counter attack a Clan Jade Falcon offensive. Short on time and personnel, the regiment has pressed anyone they can find into service, including me.

“Don’t sweat it, Si,” Greatwolfe says to me over his shoulder as we sit in the head of a gargantuan Atlas AS7-D-DC. “These guys are sissies.”

The AS7-D-DC has two cockpits, one behind each eye in its fearsome looking head. Although the two are connected, the pilot’s couch in each one is angled slightly away from the other. I look over my shoulder and give him my best confident smile. I’m sure he doesn’t buy it, but he winks back at me anyway.

I’m supposed to be monitoring the massive ‘mech’s ECM suite and command console, so I turn back and look down at my displays. I see our lance represented as green triangles displayed on a radar map that shows the topographical information for the series of canyons we’re standing in. Behind us and halfway up the slope of one of the canyon’s walls, a Stalker is firing its large lasers at the enemy’s mobile command post a half-mile away.

“Think I got their attention,” R13 says over the comm.

“Keep an eye on that radar, Si,” Greatwolfe reminds me. “Any red triangles show up, just shout it out.”

“I suppose now isn’t a good time to tell you that I’m color blind?” I ask.

“Really? Hey, what color’s my shirt?”

“Well, I don’t-”

“Quit screwing around!” R13 yells. “I’m still hitting the MHQ, but it isn’t moving. Get ready. They’re probably going to jump us.”

“Contact!” I yelp in a pitch I’m sure would sound entirely appropriate coming from a fourteen year old girl. “Several triangles! E3 heading E4!”

“Are they red?” Greatwolfe calmly asks.

“Well, they’re not green!” I respond. My voice is closer to fourteen year old boy now. I’m making progress. I’m proud of myself.

“Foxy? What do you see?” R13 asks.

“Well… They’ll be comin’ down the canyon when they come…” FoxyShortBus’s voice replies in song. “They’ll be comin’ down the canyon when they come.”

“Foxy…”

“They’ll be riding six white Stormcrows when they come… They’ll be riding six white Stormcrows when they come…”

“Damn it, Foxy!”

“Six Stormcrows, leaving Echo Three and entering Echo Four at full speed,” Foxy reports in a more business-like voice. “Designations are Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo and Foxtrot.”

“All right. Greatwolfe. Sirus. You guys know what to do.”

“Yep,” Greatwofle replies. He turns the mammoth machine to the left and I hear the awesome groan of a hundred tons of metal respond.

“Ragnar, let’s you and me get into position,” R13 says.

“Check,” Ragnar responds. On the display, I see him move his JagerMech to join with R13’s Stalker on a ledge nearby. Foxy’s Raven scoots up the side of the opposite canyon wall and perches near our Atlas’s shoulder as Greatwolfe turns us to stare into the canyon the enemy stormcrows are racing down.

“Here they come,” Foxy says.

“Hold your fire,” R13 responds. “Let them get closer to Greatwolfe.”

The first Stormcrow dashes around the mammoth boulder in the bend in the canyon several hundred meters away from us. It hesitates for a second when it sees us, then comes on at full speed once another Stormcrow comes up behind it. As I watch, I see more follow them in a line, all making a mad dash for our ‘mech.

“Oh, goodie,” says Greatwolfe. “A Streak-crow. Si, you wanna do me a favor and switch to jamming for me, buddy?”

My fingers fumble at the switches, but I manage to get the ECM suite working to disrupt the guidance systems on their Streak Short Range Missiles.

“Atta boy. Now, when the last one comes around that bend, you know what to do.”

I nod and try to respond, but my lips are too numb to form words. The sixth and last Stormcrow comes into sight and the first one can’t be more than two hundred meters away. No matter what, it’s going to hit us. I close my eyes and swallow and then toggle the comm link to our support unit.

“Arty! Arty! Target Bravo! Drop fifty and fire for effect!” I yell.

A voice too quiet and entirely too calm responds with an acknowledgement and a good natured warning to “keep your heads down, boys.” Two seconds pass. The first crow is close enough to override our ECM and his missiles slam into us. I know he isn’t doing anything more than just shaving armor off of the Atlas’s torso, but I almost cry out as the blast rocks our cockpit and briefly fills our view screens with smoke.

In the next instant, the entire canyon is engulfed in flame and exploding ordinance. All of the Stormcrows besides the first are caught in the blast of dropping artillery shells. I can see the pieces of the ‘mechs being blown off and their pilots desperately trying to maneuver in the hellstorm. Suddenly, one of the red triangles disappears.

“That’s a kill! That’s an arty kill!” Foxy trumpets.

“Way to go, Sirus!” Ragnar rejoins.

“What? Did I get one?” I ask excitedly.

“Nice shot, Sirus,” R13 says. “Open fire everyone. Target Alpha.”

“Please. He’s beginning to annoy me,” Greatwolfe says as he twists the big ‘mech’s torso to the side to absorb another volley of SRMs on the Atlas’s right arm.

“Oh, settle down,” Ragnar responds as his ‘mech’s twin gauss rifles speak and make the stormcrow drop to the floor of the canyon, its center torso a smoking ruin.

Over the next few minutes, several more volleys of SRM fire pepper the Atlas and Greatwolfe does his usual expert job of soaking up their damage while his lancemates destroy the enemy ‘mechs with focused fire. The cockpit rocks so violently during the fight that I am nearly thrown out of my chair, but I hardly notice. I’m grinning from ear to ear. I’m officially a hero of the resistance and I don’t care who knows it.

#164 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 03:21 PM

2 years ago we started recruitment to make a unit driven to be a unique competitive group for people to have fun as a team. Look at us now!

Happy Birthday 228th!

#165 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

We be Space Vikings for awhile, I think it's due to our members voting when drunk again...

Not there is anything wrong with that...

Edited by Deadfire, 10 May 2015 - 12:21 PM.

#166 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:27 AM

We are currently working with the AFFS of House Davion.

#167 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:36 AM

We are now employed by the Glorious Clan Jade Falcon.

#168 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 12:02 AM

Seems our EU, OC, and CW battalions are looking for pilots that are seeking a group of like-minded (and region minded) players.

#169 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:11 AM

I had forgot we had a post here it seems for far too long. May as well bring it back to the top.

#170 Alzarns Fire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:16 PM

Salute from the DSA. We have been meeting your lances in combat quite often. We have a way to go to provide a solid fight, but hope to be able to provide more challenge in the future.

#171 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

We had fun once, and it was terrible.

#172 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

Jay Z's ride

#173 Toaster Repair Pony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 112 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHampton, VA

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:27 AM

The Forlorn Hope thanks you for our training session.

Professional and extremely helpful.

#174 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:41 AM

We will be representing Clan Ghost Bear in the newest NetBattleTech Campaign.

Seems my guys will finally need to learn some lore.....

#175 Urielliam

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:56 AM

I've been trying to hook up with you guys. I just returned to MWO and Longshank tells me my old company mates from Aces Wild and Hell Cats seems to have found a home on the 228th. How can I make this happen ?

#176 hideyourkids

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:07 AM

Urielliam - 228ibr.com just put in an application and start dropping with us on the TS!! link is on the left side of the website

#177 Urielliam

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:01 AM

Thx man, just dropped in my app . Hope i can drop with you guys soon !

#178 ColourfulConfetti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:42 PM

Hello, I was interested in the prospect of joining your unit, however, it seems when I try to register on your website to drop an application it tells me an error occurred. Is your website having technical difficulties or is it just on my end here?

Edited by PalmaRoma, 30 September 2015 - 01:45 PM.

#179 ColourfulConfetti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:04 PM

Err never mind, looks like the issue is gone.

#180 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:58 AM

I guess I should provide an update, and a friendly bump of our thread.

228th has entered 4 (2 NA, 1 EU, and 1 OC) teams in MRBC! In addition to our OC team finishing "Battle of Midway" this week.

228th also serves as the Grey Death Legion in NBT-MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users