Making Weapon Groups?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Artemisminion

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:26 PM

I know this should be easy but i can't figure out how to set up my weapons int groups? The all end up in weapon group 1 and i over heat with evdery shot LOL...

#2 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

Use the arrow keys and the Right Control button on the keyboard.

#3 Pale Horseman

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

Use the arrow keys to select weapons (the column and row get highlighted). Right control to add or remove the weapons (rows) from the weapon groups (columns). Backspace to toggle the weapon group to Chain fire or Group fire.

You may want to set your weapon groups while in the Training Grounds (select the mech icon in the top right, next to the ready button, and choose Training Grounds at the bottom of the menu that pops up), it drops you on a map with dummy mechs to shoot so you can test your weapons. Any weapon groups you set there will carry over to other games and it's safer to test while no one is shooting you.

#4 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Good point Pale, the only thing to note is that performance regarding xp unlocks, modules, etc. are not yet working properly in training grounds, so don't mistake your performance there for what you will encounter in the real game.

Welcome aboard and good luck!

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

View PostPale Horseman, on 04 May 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Use the arrow keys to select weapons (the column and row get highlighted). Right control to add or remove the weapons (rows) from the weapon groups (columns). Backspace to toggle the weapon group to Chain fire or Group fire.

You may want to set your weapon groups while in the Training Grounds (select the mech icon in the top right, next to the ready button, and choose Training Grounds at the bottom of the menu that pops up), it drops you on a map with dummy mechs to shoot so you can test your weapons. Any weapon groups you set there will carry over to other games and it's safer to test while no one is shooting you.

This.
Bonus info. "Black" numbers are disabled. Blue numbers indicate the weapon is enabled. A square represents chainfire's next fire, enabled by pressing backspace. The link of moving squares represents "this group is chainfired."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users