Have Mech, Will Travel

8 replies to this topic

#1 Sean leCiel

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationD.P.I. in the Galatea Arena's

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

So i was wondering, how will being a merc really work in MWO, can we join house warriors to bolster their numbers in a match, or do we just fight others in merc and house units? Do we get better payouts? Just wondering, cause working with others from time to time for better pay would be a nice incentive to fight for different houses.

Edited by Sean leCiel, 05 June 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#2 Tremble Wolf

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWashington State: USA

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

I really couldn't say but like you I would like to hear the answer.

#3 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

All the information I know about how merc corps may work is from http://mwomercs.com/...mmunity-warfare

This information is a bit dated but I would hope that some of it may still be true.

#4 TriggerhappySOB

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 129 posts
  • LocationMCAS Miramar, California

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

I would hazard a guess that most of the games are going to be House vs. House until the clans arrive, and any of the empty slots can be filled by someone in the Merc Corps/ Lone wolf. Or that entire battles will be carried out by Merc corps under the banner of a house.

i.e... In an 8v8 match (just pick two houses... Steiner v. Davion), one team has all 8 pilots, the other only has 5. The other 3 pilots can be Merc corps pilots, who will be getting paid by said house.

But im just making a guess here. Just going by what makes sense to me.

#5 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

View PostTriggerhappySOB, on 08 June 2012 - 04:58 PM, said:

I would hazard a guess that most of the games are going to be House vs. House until the clans arrive, and any of the empty slots can be filled by someone in the Merc Corps/ Lone wolf. Or that entire battles will be carried out by Merc corps under the banner of a house.

i.e... In an 8v8 match (just pick two houses... Steiner v. Davion), one team has all 8 pilots, the other only has 5. The other 3 pilots can be Merc corps pilots, who will be getting paid by said house.

But im just making a guess here. Just going by what makes sense to me.

That would be too awesome for words.

#6 HoMyCK

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:22 AM

Oooooor... A House could hire some mercs to fight for 'em, right?

#7 Bourbon

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

Nice Paladin reference bro.

#8 Pred

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:44 AM

My question is if a house can hire mercs to fight for them or with them, then will there be a way to view the merc units win and kill ratio so they can select the better mercs or will it be a case of first free merc joins the fight? If the houses can view and select the mercs who fight for them then can the mercs ask for more pay, more salvage etc for a job well done?

#9 Banditman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

None of those questions have answers yet. Others have asked those questions, but the Devs have not yet made those kinds of details available.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users