Mechwarrior Mercs on windows 7-does work

2 replies to this topic

#1 Dhread Danite

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

Have all the old MW games on disc. Always did like the MW 4 Mercs I had it working on a XP machine but upgraded comp and got Windows premium 64 bit. Read the posts saying incompatible etc. but being stubborn and not really bellieving people till I try it myself. (and no Im not from Missouri) Decided to load it. Put the disc in, went in and set the installation to XP compatible and put it in. Then went in and did put in the -gosNoVideo command following the exe in the shortcut that was mentioned "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Mechwarrior Mercenaries\MW4Mercs.exe" -gosNoVideo.
And the game ran.
I took the low graphics level when it first came up and the start screen was too large so I windowed out and restarted it. Game came back up and screens were fine. I adjusted the config to medium level after running it a bit and its stilll running. Blew through the first mission and the solaris light missions and still working. I did have a problem one time with it not wanting to start. But for some reason the -gosNoVideo was gone from the shortcut so I put it back in (fighting windows which said it was not compatible with the shortcut all the way).
Still up and running on my 64 bit so either something has changed in windows 7 since the original posts by other people saying it wont work or I must be a magician.
Just wanted to tell someone who might be interested in trying it if they have the disks. And I know that theres a free download of it if I load some loader program to do it.

#2 Wango Tango

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 21 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

I misplaced my MW4 disc when I upgraded my pc a couple years ago. I was able to download the game for free from Mektek and run the game in XP mode, (with drastically reduced graphics of course). I have completed the game three times in the last 10 days and have had no trouble with any of the cinematics. There are also some added mechs that I didn't have in the original MW4 game.

#3 Razorb0iz

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:56 AM

I downloaded the game from MekTek too but it doesn't work for my 64-bit Windows 7 =(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users