3 replies to this topic

#1 RumRunner151

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 697 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:26 AM

Even if it was restricted to 5 seconds every 30 seconds, we need a way to see mechs at long range.

#2 REDACTED

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:45 AM

View PostRumRunner151, on 03 May 2013 - 06:26 AM, said:

we need a way to see mechs at long range.

We have one. Mark 1 eyeball, man. Now that the map grids are standardized, you can use your rangefinder to know what grid hostiles are in. The old heat vision is unnecessary.

#3 KKillian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 304 posts
  • LocationGeneva, IL

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

Personally cannot stand the new heat vision and it looks nothing like anything that actually exists anywhere. Ontop of the terrible colour scheme i no longer use heatvision for anything, the original caused a memory leak causing me to restart my client.. each match would just steadily lag until I run a fresh copy and no issues. I get the same thing with the new heat vision ontop of terrible limited view. I absolutely hate the new heat vision and do not use it for anything ever, its trash. Maybe fixing the memory leaks on the old heatvision that still exist on the new heatvision would have been a better route?

It is not my system btw, quadcore 3.4, 16gb 1333, saphX 7950 3gb, raptor 10krpm hdd. My memory sticks all check out, same with my harddrive, no errors or issues. Every game I have including MWO runs like water, except MWO with heat vision. Absolutely no issues with night vision, run everything on highest settings. There is an internal memory leak with heat vision. Both kinds.

#4 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

Scouts move at 130kph+ for a reason. Get in, take a look, get out fast, tell ur team what u saw= scouting. Killing long range heat was counter to 6x erppc sniping boats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users