official

243 replies to this topic

#21 BananaNutMuffins

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

It was a giant let down when you see top players in your bracket or other brackets drop on your team or even groups of people you know cause they are either focusing you or going to do what they can to steal your kills. It was extremely frustrating having a certain "hobo" come by and steal every kill you worked hard to core out without any contribution other than the killing blow over and over again. To be honest this tournament started out being fun but turned into the hardest most frustrating grind Ive ever done. Having people 100% focus you bec they saw your name on the leaderboards or build there mech in a way only to counter you and tell you that in chat was frustrating. The whole farming a dced mech at the end of the game gets you banned thing is stupid that would mean every top player of the tourny would get dropped all of us are happy to get rewarded a win and a free kill from the games mishaps of problems but those games need to be pin pointed bec it couldof still been a bad game regardless of the free kill. I lost count how many times I unintentially dced/crashed during this weeks tourny, it happens, its part of the game. I would rather have a person spend the few seconds to ask to kill the dced mech than to have a mad frenzy trying to get the last touch on it (ive been tked standing by a dced mech just bec of the fight for it). I dont see why that would be a bannable offense. What I can see is if the said dced person wasnt dced but intentially letting the said person farm thats bs and should be a total ban/disqualification. Map cherry picking should also be a bannable offense and if the said person was sync dropping and having friendlys intentionally help them wound a mech and let the tourny player have the kill thats also bs and should get you banned but it would be very hard to prove and would be the samething as KSing which happend non stop everygame.

#22 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

View Postdeforce, on 03 May 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

Im not saying that it DEFINITELY happened in this tournament, but how can you investigate if someone is sync dropping while they would be on a third party program that you may not have access to?

You look for patterns of the same guys ending up in the same drops that a contestant got a bunch of high scoring rounds out of? Unless you are suggesting such a large conspiracy that they have different pilots out of a large pool to use in drops to avoid such a pattern, which is frankly absurd.

Edited by shabowie, 03 May 2013 - 08:35 PM.

#23 Soy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts
  • Locationtrue Lord system

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

Glad I'm a solo player.

Gave this tournament my all... and I'd like to think, I do think, the people I was going up against were legit boss players.

I guess we'll all find out the truth on Monday. Huzzah for the tournament, and cheers to PGI/Comstar for looking into things! ^^

#24 saintchuck

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

View PostPrimus of ComStar, on 03 May 2013 - 02:09 PM, said:

After Com Guards thorough investigation, we have gathered enough hard evidence to prove that the allegation of deliberate sync dropping is patently false. None of the top participants show any evidence whatsoever of coordinated solo or group launching with the intention to benefit or otherwise influence the battleground outcome.

View Postdaemur, on 03 May 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

No sync dropping took place in any of the relevant games by any of the players in the top ranks of the tournament. This has been checked. While I agree that it is still possible to coordinate drops at times, that has not happened here.

I'd love to hear how you proved people weren't sync dropping. Unless you have access to their VOIP logs you have no way of thoroughly investigating squat.

Sync dropping has been complained about for months. It is happening all the time out of tournament play, with no repercussions, so I find it odd that now it is suddenly illegal.

View Postshabowie, on 03 May 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

You look for patterns of the same guys ending up in the same drops that a contestant got a bunch of high scoring rounds out of? Unless you are suggesting such a large conspiracy that they have different pilots out of a large pool to use in drops to avoid such a pattern, which is frankly absurd.

I regularly drop with the same people in consecutive games with no planning. How they separated the wheat from the chaff would be great to read about.You don't need a full 8 players on a team to be cooperating to affect the results especially with the best 5 games per day per class and the best 20 for the week counting.

TL;DR - Devs can't disprove cheating so they'll say they investigated and didn't find anything in regards to the top finishers.

Edited by saintchuck, 03 May 2013 - 09:05 PM.

#25 30ft SMURF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:29 PM

First I don't see why sync dropping should be considered cheating. If you didn't want it to happen/work fix your own game instead of blaming the players who utilize the way it works. Second... thanks, I guess, for trying to add something extra for us to do while testing this game, but could you come up with something for the people who actually enjoy playing the game with their friends? We keep getting these competitions that are specifically for solo players, but this is supposed to be a team game right? Last, though I could keep going, perhaps it would be more worth our time and money for you to spend more time figuring out why the game doesn't work right than it is to run craptastic tournaments. As usual I guess thats too much to ask for.

#26 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

View Post30ft SMURF, on 03 May 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

First I don't see why sync dropping should be considered cheating.

LOL?

How about friends telling each other what cards they have in Poker?

Are you serious? Of course it's cheating, the tournament was for solo drops. Sync dropping is colluding to circumvent the solo drop requirement and turn it into a team effort.

Edited by shabowie, 03 May 2013 - 09:51 PM.

#27 TruePoindexter

• 2,605 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Location127.0.0.1

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:49 PM

*nods* Thank you for this. I'm sure that the overwhelming majority of people won fair and square - only a handful of people I'm sure did anything wrong but that still has the potential to throw the scales.

#28 Stokes52

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostForestGnome, on 03 May 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

texty text yadda yadda gauss spider blah blah.

Pics or it didn't happen.

#29 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

Now I usually consider ComStar to be a bunch of #¤%"#¤%"#¤%!!!!! but this time around they are apparently serving some community function or other. Well done in keeping the tourny clean.

So, when do we get to see the top players fighting one on one streamed in HD? Hm? ;)

P.S. Dear Primus, those memory cores are still out there. Just so we are clear.

#30 Zylo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

I think anyone caught cheating should be given a cockpit item that is stuck in all of their current and future mechs that can never be removed. Make it a blue ribbon that says "1st Place Cheater" along with the tournament name.

#31 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

well done PGI!

#32 paladin yst

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 238 posts
  • LocationTerra Inner Sphere

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

Extremely disappointed about the clarity of the tournament rewards. I and many MANY others were made to believe that the top 5 players of daily gets a trophy and 3m c bills rewards, as SHOWN on the rewards table. And obviously top 20 of the best overall per class gets the hula girl.

So me and many other elites fought they way, hard and honourably and got myself top 17 heavy, only to learn that only 1 and I repeat ONLY ONE per class gets the reward.

Next time please makes the rewards table more readable and remove the top 5, top 20 from it. We all know the score is based on top 5/20 so no need to put it in the table, it creates confusion and make many ppl believe that the rewards table indicates theres more than 1 winner.

I`ve never ever in my life heard of any tournament that only rewards the top 1. Just 1, second or third gets the same **** as the last, nothing. Ive pm many of the top players, with almost majority of them thought the hula girl is top 20, again AS SHOWN ON THE REWARDS TABLE, top 20, hula girl and 2.5k mc right below it.

I`ll never ever join any tournament again, its a huge let down and epicly dissapointed at the way the tournament is conducted. Its meant to reward the top 5% or even top 10% for all their effort in 7 kills, 1k dmg epic grind fest. Didnt expect it reward just ONE person per class.

TLDR: Tournament rewards table is an epci fail, EXTREMELY misleading putting the top5/top20 in there with the following rewards. My entire clan thought theres 80 hula girls total, one of them even laugh at me when I casually joke about it cant be just 1 per class right? he said nah lol no such tournament that rewards ONLY 1 player exists.

#33 Raz Skullcrusher

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 34 posts
  • LocationOahu, Hawaii

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

During my brief but bitterly hard fought run in this tournament I have seen plenty that would seem like cheating from TKing for kills, opposing teams working in tandem because they knew eachother, acouple of sync-drops (maybe not from the top players but from others), and was as a large bit of KSing. But like I said it seemed like cheating but with the info I have not provable. I do enjoy the events that we now have as well as the attention we get from PGI, but its staggering to see how the community takes it and does with it. A event based on good fun and competition is reduced to complaining and bickering over this kill and that and frankly that's why I quit the tournament mid way through. I faced and got crushed but also plenty of times crushed the top seats in my division but watching them go about the match made me just not care anymore, watching them rush in and rip into a mech im about to finish and rush out to the next, then complain about not getting their kill when someone else takes it got ridiculous. The highest I ever got is #42 in Assault, and I was happy with my best top ten which came from hard and up till then happy grinding. My thoughts would be to see a more controlled tournament like a Solaris settings of less of a custom owned but more of a trial match tournament to weed out those who only target intentional pilots.

#34 paladin yst

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 238 posts
  • LocationTerra Inner Sphere

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

PLEASE INVESTIGATE the clarity of the tournament rewards next time, wasted my 7 epic days grinding 7 kills 1k dmg fest spent about 20 hrs+ to get rank 17 heavy in realm to realised ONLY 1 hula girl per class, complete idiocy....

#35 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:51 PM

Is there any evidence of map manipulation ?

Just found it odd we were getting alpine over and over again during the peak periods.
And during off peak it was more random.

i understand there is a weight issue as well and way. Normalise that please.

#36 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostShinVector, on 03 May 2013 - 11:51 PM, said:

Is there any evidence of map manipulation ?

Just found it odd we were getting alpine over and over again during the peak periods.
And during off peak it was more random.

i understand there is a weight issue as well and way. Normalise that please.

With map manipulation, the player without the map disconnects, it does not force others to play the only map the client has.

And im not totally sure i would trust PGI to actually be 100% correct on their investigations...

#37 Strisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

View PostDV McKenna, on 04 May 2013 - 12:17 AM, said:

And im not totally sure i would trust PGI to actually be 100% correct on their investigations...

Who would you trust? and how would you know they are trustworthy?

I don't see why you don't want to trust the only people that have all the available data...

I appreciate PGI checking it out and I'm glad to see they found no significant impact on the tournament.

#38 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:43 AM

Well, Tournament was fun. The fact that only first one get's reward I realized in Wednesday, but haven't stopped paying because reward and top 10 position was at least something to fight for(instead of non-stop C-Bill/GXP farm). Haven't noticed anything that can be considered as cheating. I wish there would be at least something for every player and more tourneys(next time I will definitely win ;) )

#39 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

View PostStrisk, on 04 May 2013 - 12:28 AM, said:

Who would you trust? and how would you know they are trustworthy?

I don't see why you don't want to trust the only people that have all the available data...

I appreciate PGI checking it out and I'm glad to see they found no significant impact on the tournament.

Nobody really, that's the issue, PGI have all the data on the game including it's debugging data and we all see how wrong they can go with this data.
A single mistake on their part can have severe consequences for someone else.

Some of the posts on the previous page cover this, simply looking for people in the same matches is not sufficient, that is the entire point of their elo system, unless they want to publicly admit their elo system is trash and not working as intended as outside influences weigh heavier than the actual elo score.

Edited by DV McKenna, 04 May 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#40 Teralitha

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

I havent been able to force myself to participate in a tourney since the first one and have a difficult time working up the motivation to even pug.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users