35 replies to this topic

#21 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

View PostFantastic Ergo, on 08 May 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Do screenshots actually work in game? last time I checked they were coming out blank. Unless you use a overlay software or recording software, which with the instability of the game current status makes it even more unstable. So asking for screen shots is really hard to do with out the right tools. I agree that shame and name policy.

Would stating specific pilots are not member of a team be acceptable? if we aren't discussing their actions?

As far as getting shot, you are indicating that if we are being shot by a team mate, we should just let them kill us with out shooting back?
while I do follow some dogma, I never been the kind that gets hit in a cheek and offers the other cheek , I am more of an eye for an eye believer. If am being shot to death, I think its proper to shoot back, why would this be griefing?? would it not be consider self defense rather?

For the time being you can hit print screen and then paste it into any graphics program (even paint will work) and save it that way. It's cumbersome, but I've done it.

#22 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

Do screenshots actually work in game? last time I checked they were coming out blank. Unless you use a overlay software or recording software, which with the instability of the game current status makes it even more unstable. So asking for screen shots is really hard to do with out the right tools. I agree that shame and name policy.

FRAPs has a screenshot feature that works in game; I have used it myself. Submit those screenshots via email (like Niko posted).

Would stating specific pilots are not member of a team be acceptable? if we aren't discussing their actions?

Naming pilots, for any reason other than praise or something other than a controversial topic, is covered under Name and Shame.

As far as getting shot, you are indicating that if we are being shot by a team mate, we should just let them kill us with out shooting back?

Spend the time taking a screenshot and submitting it rather than exacting revenge which will net you nothing other than a team kill penalty yourself; assuming you kill them first.

while I do follow some dogma, I never been the kind that gets hit in a cheek and offers the other cheek , I am more of an eye for an eye believer. If am being shot to death, I think its proper to shoot back, why would this be griefing?? would it not be consider self defense rather?

Nitro's comment does not state that he would defend himself if he was shot at; what it does state is that he would identify the team killers then "accidently get in their way" thus allowing himself to be shot and then shoot them repeatedly. This would be considered the in-game equivalent of trolling/flame baiting.

Edited by Mason Grimm, 08 May 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#23 Lorcan Lladd

• 1,037 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Impersonating travesteurs should always be pasteurized and submitted to the moderation team, especially if they are machinating the besmirchment of a unit from the honorable Federated Suns. :)
You guys ought to record your matches, precisely to report this kind of behavior.

Edited by Lorcan Lladd, 08 May 2013 - 12:35 PM.

#24 Fantastic Ergo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 242 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWolf City, Arc-Royale

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

Thank You Mason, Will keep your advise in mind and stay cool.
Thank you for your attention well formulated replies. :)

#25 Asaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Hey Ergo nobody who knows or has done drops with HHOD would ever believe that you practiced team killing. You guys have a top notch rep that is well deserved.

#26 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

Thank you everyone for your support of HHoD. ;)

As a unit, we pride ourselves on honor in battle and adhere to a strict code of moral conduct. We teach new recruits that under no circumstance do we condone team killing or friendly fire. We are glade to hear this matter has been addressed through the proper channels and thank PGI for their help in the matter.

-Lt. Xie Belvoule

#27 Bushrat

• PipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCanada & Guyana

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:30 PM

I think PG has handled this incident as best as they can. What else can they do really? Its up to us the community to self police as much as possible. I think it was probably just some goof-offs trying to cause some kind of trouble. For whatever reason they had as petty or foolish as it may have been. I just felt that there may have been other incidents where there was no HHOD player to tell that there were not in our unit and therefore the goof-offs might have slandered our name. We at HHOD pride ourselves in good sportsmanship and self police our own ranks for any behavior outside our code of conduct. As time goes on more and more people will be playing the game and possibly more incidents like this may occur. Until tools are in place to prevent such actions like unit tags etc we have to police the situation like it has been dealt with. Thanks again to PG for a quick response.and if anyone acts like these guys did and claims to be HHOD you can bet they are not in our unit.

Edited by Bushrat, 08 May 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#28 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:41 PM

It takes a 'special' sort of person to do something like this. Hopefully they get their just deserts. But on the bright side, HHoD must be doing quite well to draw the ire of someone jealous and envious enough to take the time to do this.

#29 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

i am quite happy about those impostors
Teamkilling davions this is the only teamkilling i agree with. ;) (but i don't team kill unless you keep firing at me and you use up the 3 warnings)

Edited by Cementblade, 08 May 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#30 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:43 PM

While I dislike Fed-rats, they're better than Lyran scum, and I don't approve of imposters of any unit. I see some, I'll let you lads know.

#31 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 09 May 2013 - 12:59 AM

Thank you, Lord Ikka.

#32 NitroBurst

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 69 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 08 May 2013 - 12:23 PM, said:

Nitro's comment does not state that he would defend himself if he was shot at; what it does state is that he would identify the team killers then "accidently get in their way" thus allowing himself to be shot and then shoot them repeatedly. This would be considered the in-game equivalent of trolling/flame baiting.

Alright alright, I was just trying to be funny :). On a serious note, I would not do what I mentioned earlier in the topic. I would keep my eyes and ears open and play the game as intended, but if some infraction was knowingly done to me or my friends I would try to resolve it in a peaceful manner at first. It is also dependent on the overall situation. I would not bring shame to HHoD's code of honor or shame myself by doing things in a questionable way :).

#33 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,606 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:21 AM

Anyone who desecrates the name of the HeadHunters of Davion should be shamed and removed from the annuls of this good game. including those who supposedly call themselves members of the very unit they desecrate in a shameful manner. Also, I'd like to give a shout out to Alyward and two others, Chewie and Iron. We at the First FedSuns Armored Cavalry salute our brothers in the HeadHunters of Davion. o7

Edited by hawk819, 29 May 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#34 Salah Al din

• Pip
  • The Spear
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:27 AM

Hello mates.

I not use to come to the forum but with the reviving of CbR1 unit need to know who are these imposters. We don't want these kind of players with us by accident. This unit is recruting people though the IS houses. Its sad to verify such things. Good hunting mechwarriors. See you in the battlefield.

Hermes

#35 Nephologist

• PipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 74 posts
  • LocationEastern Shore

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:29 AM

Thread's over two and a half years old, mate.

#36 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:35 AM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users