95% Gamut Screen?
Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:36 AM
I've got no clue on how to calibrate a screen properly, and from what I gather, you need specific programs and the like to do so.
Would it be worth my while to upgrade the screen anyways? Pretty much I want MWO to look as awesome as possible as this machine is being setup to play it on ultra settings with all the FX on full blast wherever I go.
Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:47 AM
what sort of laptop are you having yourself built?
Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:53 AM
- Display: 17.3" FHD 16:9 "Glare Type" Super Clear Ultra Bright LED Glossy Screen (1920x1080) (SKU - S1R506)
- Monitor Calibration: NO Professional Monitor Color Calibration
- Dead Pixel Warranty: Standard Dead Pixel Policy
- Processor: Sager - 3rd Generation Intel® Ivy Bridge Core™ i7-3610QM (2.3GHz - 3.3GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache, 45W Max TDP) (SKU – S2R174)
- Thermal Compound: - IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU
- Graphics Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7970M (2048MB) GDDR5 DX11 [User Upgradeable] (ETA: Early June) (SKU - S3R155)
- External Display Video Adapters: No Video Adapter
- External Mobile Display: No External Mobile Display
- Ram: 8GB - DDR3 1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (2 SODIMMS) (SKU - S4R371)
- Branding: Remove All Branding
- Exterior Finish: Standard Finish
- mSATA SSD Drive ( Slot 1 ): No mSATA SSD
- Primary Hard Drive: 120gb Intel 520 Series Solid State Drive (SSD2 Serial-ATA III) (SKU - S5R055)
- Second Hard Drive: 750gb WD Scorpio Black 16mb cache
- Raid: HDD Raid Settings - OFF
- Optical Drive Bay: Combo Dual Layer SuperMulti DVDRW/CDRW Drive w/ Software (When selecting a Hard Drive in the Optical Bay, No Optical Drive is Included) (SKU - S7R455)
- Optical Drive Bay Hard Drive Caddy: No Extra Optical Bay Hard Drive Caddy
- External Hard Drive (Back Up): No Back Up Hard Drive
- External USB Optical Drive: NO External USB Optical Drive
- Memory Card Reader: Internal 9-in-1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD/Mini SD/SDHC/SDXC/MS/MS Pro/MS Duo)
- Back Up Software: No Back Up Software
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth Included (See “Wireless Network” Section Below)
- Wireless Network: Intel Ultimate 6300-N Wireless Adapter
- Wireless Network Accessories: No Network Accessory
- Camera: Built in 2.0 Megapixel Camera
- TV Tuner: No TV Tuner
- Sound Card: Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio - Included
- Case: Basic Black Business Case - Included
- Battery: Smart Li-ion Battery (8-Cell)
Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:44 AM
and yeah, you might as well just go for core i7-3720QM instead of the 95% gamut screen, if you were planning on spending the extra money anyway.. can't hurt to have the extra performance.
Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:05 PM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users