Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:24 PM
MechWarrior Online 10 Commandments
1. Thou Shalt not Team Kill. no offense is greater in the eyes of thine team, nor grievance great enough to justify slaying thine own. If the Retch doth turn on ye, For he is an Abomination, Be Sworn to include the Vile to thine listed ignores so that ye may not field with him anymore. Strike him Down and Accept the Loss of Reward for the Loss would be greater if ye allow it to plague thine Team, but never Grief nor TK if mere offense is given.
2. Thou Shalt not Cry out "Hacker!". There is No hack, for thine is the kingdom of the server. Thou ye know not how that AC reloaded so quickly, or that Assault doth strike you down even though you totally had cover, it is not a hack, but skill, thine enemies skill. Learn from them, so that ye may one day strike down thine own enemies with similar skills.
3. Thou Shalt Not Take Thine Own Life. For all Life is sacred, with the obvious exception of the Infidels from outside the Sphere, and only thine wife's lament that ye are late for dinner with the in-laws shall ye rush out Midfield on the snow covered Alpine Peaks. All else is sin.
4. Thou Shalt Not Curse the Measure of Ones Electronic Counters. ECM is available to thine Team as well as that of thine enemies. Do not berate a team for equipping the full weight of their measures. Ye have chosen to not equip a counter. this can not be a worthy cause for chagrin.
5. Thou Shall Be Useful. All Mechs are worthy in the eyes of the maker of matches, unless they beith Trial, and ye cannot pen, and lament that ye have no purpose being here, take heart, for you can scout, or distract. Be Not Craven and hide in the corner, but strive, and in so doing so, vex thine enemies. If ye are small, then thy repair costs are but a pittance, and your death but a minor thing. A victory will surely granteth you too the boon of XP and Cbills.
6. Thou Shall Take Responsibility. Thou shalt not claim thine team arises from the land of the Noob, for rarely is a loss not also your fault. Nobility in defeat is greater in glory than nobility in victory.
7. Thou Shalt Not Order In Pugs. Though many have worn the crows and chevrons of war, none do so in MWO, and no prince nor king can lay claim to the blue cap. Order not thine own team to do this or that, even if ye be a master of MWO, none is so great that they cannot utter the word "please".
8. Thou Shalt Back The Play of The Big Guy. For though none command, there are those that sit upon high, and they are the point of the spear. If they strike alone, all is lost. Let them not wander in the wastes of thine enemies, but follow with sword in hand, and strike down the unrighteous.
9. Thou Shalt Not Blame LRMs. LRMs are the hand that reaps the enemies in the field, it is the fist that punishes the arrogance of Men. Seek the shelter of Stone of Buildings, Of the shadow of the hills, and the hand shall pass over you. Move, for the eye of Artillery detests the stationary, and will strike down those enemies who linger. Curse neither Arty which has struck you down, nor curseth the arty which cannot lock. Much goes into the striking fist of arty, and when the blow lands, it can be mighty, or it can totally whiff. Such is the way of mechwarrior online.
10. Thou Shall Remember This Is Just A Game. While thee may have paid cold hard cash, still the striving within are not real. Wars rage for real, and real people die, and many go without food, or freedom, and nothing in this game is nearly as important. Thou art blessed with the monies to have a PC, while many go without even a roof. Nor playest this game when thou has the oppurtunity to get you some, nor at the cost of thine friends and family, who are real. If rage within you cannot be contained, and your lamentations arise with much profanity, perhaps the time to stop in nigh upon you.[/color]
Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:33 PM
Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:48 PM
Edited by Moldycheese, 17 May 2013 - 02:50 PM.
Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:49 PM
Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:15 PM
Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:18 PM
Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:42 PM
Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:07 PM
Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:12 PM
Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:37 PM
Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:41 PM
Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:57 AM
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users