Dire Wolf (Daishi) assault mech

22 replies to this topic

#1 Itrosnoc

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:28 AM

please help it find its way into the game. the nominclature 'Badassitron' is reserved for said mech. :) thanks

#2 Mchawkeye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:31 AM

SIGH.

#3 Meldarth Sunphot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

No clan mechs for possibly a year - this is set in 3049 - a year before the clan invasions........we will see clan mechs but not for awhile.......

#4 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

give it a couple years, then we'll send your clanner behind packing in your oh so mighty daishi with your tail between your legs. Long live the dragon!

#5 Itrosnoc

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

far be in for me to disagree with a group of fan boys(risky buisness),is the wiki incorrect then? says it was introduced in 3010.

p.s. i'll be playing lone wolf scout at first. ill be sure to pick on the weakest link on your team then cap you out. not to mention spotting you out for my tmm8s to our maneuver your heavies.

i had a blast, blasting away with my close range(urban maps only ;)) dw. had them big shotties blasting cockpits and limbs off like popcorn

#6 Jade Dragoon

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

it was introduced in 3010 to the clans. The clans introduced it to the sphear

#7 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:27 AM

View PostItrosnoc, on 07 June 2012 - 08:18 AM, said:

far be in for me to disagree with a group of fan boys(risky buisness),is the wiki incorrect then? says it was introduced in 3010.

p.s. i'll be playing lone wolf scout at first. ill be sure to pick on the weakest link on your team then cap you out. not to mention spotting you out for my tmm8s to our maneuver your heavies.

i had a blast, blasting away with my close range(urban maps only ;)) dw. had them big shotties blasting cockpits and limbs off like popcorn

It was introduced before this point in the timeline, sure...but the Clans haven't shown up yet, and it's a Clan mech. So, as the others have stated, it won't be here for a while.

#8 Itrosnoc

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

thanks for the clarification.

#9 Mautty the Bobcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

I love clan mech posts...All I can say is give me a Madcat and let me kick the clanner's butts with their own toys just to rub it in. Alternatively, Deimos...mmmmmmmm AC chaining.....

Edited by Mautty the Bobcat, 07 June 2012 - 05:43 PM.

#10 Alekzandr Sukhanov

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

I'm just glad Introsnoc was good enough to call it a Dire Wolf first, and then put "Daishi" in parenthesis.

As it should be.

SEYLA!

#11 Cerlin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 922 posts
  • LocationCalifornia or Japan

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

Even though the clans invaded in 3050, what is the chance a normal merc could buy a Daishi on the market? In the first year when the IS barely could win a fight? Just saying.

#12 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 08 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

ugh...another post about mechs that dont exist in the universe in the timeline yet... shut up about the useless clan tech and enjoy the nice is toys

#13 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 08 June 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

ugh...another post about mechs that dont exist in the universe in the timeline yet... shut up about the useless clan tech and enjoy the nice is toys

There have been Dire Wolves kicking around the Kerensky Cluster for the past 40 years. In fact, many of them are closing in on the Periphery as we speak.

#14 MarauderDeuce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostLightdragon, on 08 June 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Then when you're done with that post feel free to stick your head outside your window and yell at the sun to move in the opposite direction. :blink:

Clan fans will post about their Clan stuff and clan haters will be hatin'

Some ignorants will post demanding clan tech before the clans have entered the game and we'll feel pity for them.

Some dezgra will be spreading their hate and we will feel pity for them as they are below even lowest of freebirth.

Seyla

#15 Deathz Jester

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,107 posts
  • LocationOH, USA

Posted 09 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

whats a clan? whats a daishi?

#16 MarauderDeuce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

*Looking innocent*
Clan is some Scottish thing I think - daishi is probably a Japanese car - SUV probably - something big.

#17 Rodney28021

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationRural Western North Carolina

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

We'll have to wait and see what the game brings. How or if players will play the Clans, Dire Wolf would be the logical choice as the 100 ton Clan mech. I vote that Inner Sphere players cannot use Clan mechs till a year after the Clans arrive.

#18 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 10 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

and i vote clan mechs never be added as clan tech just kills the fun of a game due to all players just dropping cross tech on their favorite chasis

#19 TripleHex

• 1,636 posts
  • LocationOut of range of your weapons

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:26 PM

Let me guess; you're new to the Battletech/Mechwarrior universe, right? Read up on some of the common mechs to this timeframe (pre-3050) at Sarna.net... there will be a test later!

#20 Wolf Greyson

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 38 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

I had alot of fun with the Daichi in MW4... And I'm sure that at some point after the Clan invasion begins we'll start seeing all sorts of clan mechs enter circulation. BUT, we'll just have to be patient. I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users