111 replies to this topic

#1 MossDog

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationProtectorate of Donegal.

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Ask yourselves these questions:
Do I like blowing up giant robots?
Would I prefer to be hanging around with a cool group of people while I do it?
Do I want to play competitively, but not be around hardcore "must win all the time" types?

If you answered yes to these questions, maybe the Comstar Irregulars are a good fit for you. We are a highly active 30+ member unit based out of the Comstar NA Teamspeak 3 Sever* We are currently looking for active members to drop with in both casual and competitive formats. We have a website complete with a forum located: http://comstarirregulars.com and would like to hear from you. We are an open-drop unit meaning that even if you don't want to join the group, we would enjoy dropping with you and having a good time.
Our joining process is simple: Come, hang out, have a good time, blow up some mechs with us, and make your interest in joining known. Someone in our unit will then vouch for you, and a general vote is taken.

Current Events:
Weekly Tuesday Night Scramble Drops. Run by Dryer or myself, we will be running a weekly scramble drop. (The scramble drop is where we get 20-60 people in a single channel, and all press drop at the same time set to conquest. Then, everyone figures out if anyone else is on their team, and they separate into different channels based on random groupings.)

Wednesday Night Competitive Drops

Sunday Night Competitive Drops.

For more information, head to our website, and register a forum handle. Most of us are fairly active there, and will respond quickly to any inquiries. You can also join in with any of our drop groups in channel. Scroll down to the Comstar Irregulars drop channels, (Both the CI and ACME channels are ours.) and get some games in. We will answer questions while we blow up some robots. You can also PM me, though, I can't answer during the day, as my work blocks the MWO.

If you have taken the time to read all this, you really owe it to yourselves to come drop with us. Good Hunting, and may you never walk around a rock and come face to face with a Stalker.

Our manifesto as written by our CO:

There is no enjoyable competitive scene

There exists a yawning gap between the disorganized chaos of random drops and the draconian culture of the ultra try hard competitive units. Currently the two are mutually exclusive, a player must make a choice between having a good time and being relaxed at the expense of competitive play. Until now...

Our mission:
The Comstar Irregulars aim to fill that gap by positioning ourselves in that sweet spot between relaxed pug drops and serious competitive play. Our mission is to be laser focused on developing the competitive scene in the back drop of a relaxed enjoyable environment for our players. We achieve this by developing an atmosphere that focuses on team work first, the victory of the group over individual glory.
Our members are chosen for their attitude, respect for others, and their ability to successfully coordinate with others.The Comstar Irregulars operate on the philosophy that the sum is greater than the whole. Each member is interdependent upon each of their lance mates, and each member enters a combat zone knowing that they can rely on their lance mates. We deploy strategies and tactics that leverage our community bonds to devastating effects.
The attention to community and development of an atmosphere of camaraderie allows the unit to benefit from an active and engaged player base. Nearly every hour of the day, any day of the week our channels are buzzing with activity.

I am extremely proud to say that we represent the fun, enjoyable community for the competitive player. Sincerely, -PewPewZapZap

*Comstar Relay North America (Comstar NA)
Address: na1.mech-connect.net
Password: WordofBlake

#2 Pewpewzapzap

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

I PewPewZapZap support this message.

#3 Lucky 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:24 PM

Great guys, I'm sure you can have a good time with them!

#4 Joe Psycho

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Just look out for the Psychos :)

#5 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

We are always looking for good people with talent who hang out and fit with our corps. Pick up gamers are welcome to drop with us as well. No expectations of affiliation required, and we do not do hard core recruitment. If you are just an occasional gamer, no problem. If you just want a fun place to drop you are welcome to drop in on us. Some resemblance to decent behavior is required and our officers police our channels. Welcome to new friends, and to our enemies, En Guarde'. We come prepared :D ... Name: Redacted Callsign: Mechsniper

#6 heimdelight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

heimdelight here representing the Comstar Irregulars!

We have a lance of members on pretty much at any given time and are always looking to do what it takes to not only progress ourselves as pilots, but enjoy the game as a unit. These two core principals propel our focus on casual and competitive play to their fullest potential, which is ever-expanding.

Drop with us on the Comstar NA Server and do Community Events such as Scrambles or Weekend Warrior Tournaments, and if you're interested in joining drop with us frequently so we can get to know you.

See you around!

#7 Imniskari

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Great group of guys, always fun to drop with or against them! They also organize a lot of community events which myself and the rest of {QQ} have a great time participating in!

#8 Pewpewzapzap

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Here is an example of the server events that we host and organize:

This was our 12v12 tournament match up!

Enjoy.

-PPZZ

#9 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

Love those 12-mans! Join us on Thursdays to partake in 12-man Mayhem!

#10 Jeye

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

A friendly bump. Keep up the good work folks and see you on the field soon ;)

#11 whtwlf

• PipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 82 posts
  • LocationTerra Firma

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

Just out of curiosity, do you hold trainings and if so, what do they consist of?

#12 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Whtwlf, over the last month or so we've started to do 8man drops on Monday evenings. Each week we focused on a different element. For example, the first night was focused on practicing proper comms. The second week we focused on lance tactics and proper mech positioning for cover.

Starting this week we are expanding 8man competitive training drops to Monday, Wednesday, and Friday starting at 8pm eastern. Although we are doing 8man drops, the drop commanders are working with us to prepare for when 12v12 goes live.

The practices have been a lot of fun. We've also have had a lot of successful drops against tough opponents.

#13 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

these guys are really cool! pewpew is pretty cool not as cool as me but pretty cool.
btw they have a great idea!!! using * at the end of their names to indicate 12mans!!!!! omg why didnt i think of this months ago?

lots of good game and lots of 8mans, even though they take along time to set up......... busy fiddling with their small laser.......

jump on the sever!!!!

Edited by King Arthur IV, 14 August 2013 - 07:50 AM.

#14 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

Our unit has been garnering a good amount of respect from all of the units we has played against. We are currently looking to fill our ranks with players from time zones other than NA time zones. If you are interested please drop by our channel on the NA server on Team Speak. The address is na1.mech-connect.net the password has been removed so all are welcomed. If you are in NA time zones we are still recruiting players from this area of the world also. Players with bad attitudes need not apply. Even if you are not looking to join us drop by we enjoy meeting and playing with new people.

#15 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

Bumps for a unit that I respect!

Competitive without having the tryhard win at all cost draconian mentality that plagues most other units :D

#16 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

I forgot to mention we have allied with the QQ Rage Quit mercenary corporation. QQ is another group of very good people. We share a large channel on the NA team speak server. You can find us in the merc corp section just after the numbered units.

#17 Pewpewzapzap

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

Come visit us on the MWO community server TS address: na1.mech-connect.net

#18 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 16 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

Looking for an active and friendly bunch of fellow warriors? Check out the Comstar NA TS server (see post above for TS info) and look for the guys tagged [CI] and {QQ} who are running a community event for all those new and old to MWO!

#19 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

Thank you to everyone that came out for the Launch Day scramble we had with QQ, BO, UMAD, DV8, and every other merc corp that i forgot to mention here.

#20 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

free bumps!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users