The Sarah Parries Memorial Jenner

30 replies to this topic

#21 Glasswlkr

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:37 AM

I very much support this idea, bring on the Sarah Parries Memorial Jenner. I'll buy to support this cause.

#22 Dantiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

isn't just make a donation easier ?
the idea of creating a cool stuff and donate the profit, is that you incentive people that don't care about donation to help someone indirectly. but if you REALLY want to donate money, buying a hero mech isn't the better way

#23 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:21 AM

I agree with your sentiment Dantiger.
Where I disagree is with your thought that people just want some cool stuff and some money goes to cancer research.
What people want is to honor a little girl who took on a battle (and fell into shadow(borrowing from LOTR)) against a foe that all of us fear.
What we want to do is show solidarity with a father who lost his child.
We want to show our shared grief, our empathy with all who suffer such losses.

This is not just about cancer research.
It is about children passing on, and parents left with holes in hearts and souls.
It is about honoring Jon/Sarah(cancer 2013)
Erica/ Emma (SIDS Nov. 2012)
Paula/ Aaron (1991)
The list would be endless.

A check is easy and always welcome to whatever the cause and I do not wish to detract from that.
Honoring the fallen is a little different, and what we want/ask for.

3Xtr3me

#24 NoSkillRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

View Post3Xtr3m3, on 31 May 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

I agree with your sentiment Dantiger.
Where I disagree is with your thought that people just want some cool stuff and some money goes to cancer research.
What people want is to honor a little girl who took on a battle (and fell into shadow(borrowing from LOTR)) against a foe that all of us fear.
What we want to do is show solidarity with a father who lost his child.
We want to show our shared grief, our empathy with all who suffer such losses.

This is not just about cancer research.
It is about children passing on, and parents left with holes in hearts and souls.
It is about honoring Jon/Sarah(cancer 2013)
Erica/ Emma (SIDS Nov. 2012)
Paula/ Aaron (1991)
The list would be endless.

A check is easy and always welcome to whatever the cause and I do not wish to detract from that.
Honoring the fallen is a little different, and what we want/ask for.

3Xtr3me

well said.

#25 NiteStride

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Bought mine. B)

My father died of cancer. :)

#26 slopoke

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico, USA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Well being 100% disabled my self, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who has participated in this for Sara's' family. Losing someone to illness is very serious and hard on everyone close to that person, especially when it is a young innocent child! My condolences to Sara's family and I will commit to buying this mech on the 1st of Aug, since I live on a limited budget and do not get my VA money till then. But I will do this (That's a promise) :)

#27 Persadius

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

My heart goes out to the Parries family... I pray that you can find peace in these difficult times. My brother passed away July 2012 right after his 46 birthday from one of the most horrible forms of cancer (Multiple Meyloma bone cancer). He has 3 daughters oldest one being 13. So I am proud to say that I ordered my awesome unicorn / Teddy bear Jenner today. LOL

Edited by Persadius, 24 July 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#28 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Thank you very much PGI for doing this.

I just bought mine.

I would have paid 3x the price happily.

#29 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

Just like when a two-year-old hands you a phone, you answer it: when a little girl who loved big, stompy robots gets sick and dies from cancer, you buy a big, stompy robot in her honor when the proceeds are going to charity. Period.

If you call yourself a mechwarrior or a human being, buy this mech. It's 10 lousy dollars. Do it!

#30 Thaeric

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

View PostLars Redgren, on 30 May 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

PGI, here is my proposal for a new Hero Jenner. All profits donated to cancer research.

The Sarah Parries Hero Mech

Jenner-SP
3x streaks, one in each torso (as she loved to 'lock on')
1x ML in each arm (2 total)

Other than that, a standard Jenner.

I think this is a great opportunity for PGI to both gain some good publicity and bring out a hero Jenner at the same time.

We can quibble about the loadout, but I think the idea itself is a great one and should be seconded by all the merc corps and solo players out there.

I'm not even a jenner pilot and I'm buying this. I have 3 young children of my own and this story brought tears to my eyes as my kids sat on their pcs playing minecraft in the other room. Sometimes we just need a reminder how precious our little ones (and how fragile) really are. My heart goes out to Jon and their family.

You'll not be forgotten, Sarah!

Edited by Thaeric, 27 July 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#31 Persadius

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

We made CNN and topped $70,000. I am proud to be part of the Mechwarrior community. Way to go people!
http://www.cnn.com/2...r-sarahs-jenner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users