Very Bummed

35 replies to this topic

#1 Headshot39

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

I find it terriably hard to believe ALL of my old favorite mech are NOT in this game with the exception of the commando no marauder no zeus no thunderbolt non of the mediums particularly the shadowhawk -k ppc version the basnshee is not modeled yet and I have yet to find the specific loadtout specs for the mechs available and with what weapons.

#2 PerseusLite

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

Not likely to see any of the 'unseen' due to legal situation.

For mech loadouts try http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

#3 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

lots of peeps are probably in the same boat, about mechs that they would like to have, Banshee seems to be a fan fav!

#4 Headshot39

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:08 AM

3025 era banshee rebuild from the dickless wonder original...3 speed engine 3 jj dual ac 20's dual medium lasers + full working hands and arms like a thunderbolt for raiding and mech meele...I had a arena version with dual circular blades in place of the hands from the gameworld add on to the rpg. then there was the standard clan era troop banshee with a arrow 4 missle sustem replacing one arm plus ppc and med er lasers I think it was or smalls.

#5 SMDMadCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostHeadshot39, on 03 June 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

3025 era banshee rebuild from the dickless wonder original...3 speed engine 3 jj dual ac 20's dual medium lasers + full working hands and arms like a thunderbolt for raiding and mech meele...I had a arena version with dual circular blades in place of the hands from the gameworld add on to the rpg. then there was the standard clan era troop banshee with a arrow 4 missle sustem replacing one arm plus ppc and med er lasers I think it was or smalls.

I think you are miss remebering, the Banshee has never supported an Arrow IV.

#6 AntiCitizenJuan

• 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

I can't see them leaving the Zeus out of MW:O.

Maybe for the next Assault after the Victor?

#7 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 03 June 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

I think you are miss remebering, the Banshee has never supported an Arrow IV.

In open BT rules, you put whatever you want on your Mech. I'm pretty sure that's what he is talking about.

#8 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostHeadshot39, on 03 June 2013 - 04:55 AM, said:

I find it terriably hard to believe ALL of my old favorite mech are NOT in this game.

For one, the Unseen are Unseen, so they're very unlikely to make an appearance.
For another, the game is set just as the Clan invasion starts, so no Clan 'mechs (yet).

But yeah, most of my personal favourites are Unseen, and I can't stand Clan cheese, so I'm just going to have to make do.

#9 General Taskeen

• 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:22 PM

View Poststjobe, on 03 June 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

and I can't stand Clan cheese, so I'm just going to have to make do.

But what about UrbanMech IIC :)

Edited by General Taskeen, 03 June 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#10 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 03 June 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

But what about UrbanMech IIC :)

It has nothing on the REAL Urbie.

It's just like all other Clan things; everything's lighter, less hot, takes less space, and does more damage. It's disgustingly cheesy.

#11 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

#12 AntiCitizenJuan

• 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

View PostSephlock, on 03 June 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Really hope they alter the HUD to make it look more like this.

I've had enough gold colored **** for one lifetime after Human Revolution

#13 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostAntiCitizenJuan, on 03 June 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Really hope they alter the HUD to make it look more like this.

I've had enough gold colored **** for one lifetime after Human Revolution

They are going to let you customize the hud "soon".

At least it is planned.

#14 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

I hope HUD customization just doesn't require spending more MC. This game model is getting old.

#15 Headshot39

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

despite other peoples finagle we can allow this builds, anything I ever did conformed strictly to printed rules I have most of the data still stuck in my head...I just started from bare chassis foundation we did not have hardpoint rules so meh. the arrow IV troop banshee is modled on the idea of if if you have los to the target then you can hit it and if you can hit it you can kill it. tag system ams systms erppc / med lasers as df weapons 15 shots arrow ammo...I built this setup to fight clan mechs by nukeing the very spot they were standing on to get rid of clan Inf suits as well....arrow IV systems did 20 points of damage to EVERY thing in that hex and 10 ponts to everything in each surrounding area hex tag arrows did 20 to the target and 5 to verythign that hex unless I am miss remembering...I was very much of the opinion that clan mechs are Nails to be HAMMERED into the surface

Edited by Headshot39, 03 June 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#16 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

View PostGeneral Taskeen, on 03 June 2013 - 03:10 PM, said:

In open BT rules, you put whatever you want on your Mech. I'm pretty sure that's what he is talking about.

Depends on the GM or your opponent if playing pick ups. I never liked open customization, some people can come up with the most ridiculous builds and justification for them. The cheese qq on these forums has nothing on CBT players.

#17 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

View PostHeadshot39, on 03 June 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

despite other peoples finagle we can allow this builds, anything I ever did conformed strictly to printed rules I have most of the data still stuck in my head...I just started from bare chassis foundation we did not have hardpoint rules so meh. the arrow IV troop banshee is modled on the idea of if if you have los to the target then you can hit it and if you can hit it you can kill it. tag system ams systms erppc / med lasers as df weapons 15 shots arrow ammo...I built this setup to fight clan mechs by nukeing the very spot they were standing on to get rid of clan Inf suits as well....arrow IV systems did 20 points of damage to EVERY thing in that hex and 10 ponts to everything in each surrounding area hex tag arrows did 20 to the target and 5 to verythign that hex unless I am miss remembering...I was very much of the opinion that clan mechs are Nails to be HAMMERED into the surface

When you say "Banshee" people will think of the stock mech variants not the custom job you did because we know nothing about it and its not canon. Going with open custom rules and no restrictons from your GM, you could put Arrow IV on anything and everything.

#18 Headshot39

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 60 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

well in any case meh----iv played it hard the last few days I have tried to understand the why of the situation and it just does not ad up . there is absolutely no legal reason I can see standing between MW:0 and al the original mechs period......the designes were used in battledroids the original they were used in amm the tabletop and paper Rpg's along with at least 4-5 computer games. after being in public issue for 30 years any patent would have expired at the 20 year mark just as all patents do and as far as I can tell or recall iv never even heard of ANY so called ******** legal issues regarding the use of the mechs in games up until now...I call on the game owners to tell whoever it is Griefing MW:O to **** off and give us our mechs!!!! this is utter rediculas on the face of it and it looks like to me this is delibrite on the part of other parties who probably have their own online game in their back pocket........not from any real attempt to protect intelecctuall rights...which they did not apparently service or care about to begine with why is this coming p 30 years later instead of when the original game was published......******** all of it.

#19 Innocent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

This does not fall under patent laws but is a copywright situation. The copywright holder gets to keep the rights for 70 years.

#20 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:48 AM

View PostHeadshot39, on 07 June 2013 - 02:53 AM, said:

well in any case meh----iv played it hard the last few days I have tried to understand the why of the situation and it just does not ad up . there is absolutely no legal reason I can see standing between MW:0 and al the original mechs period......the designes were used in battledroids the original they were used in amm the tabletop and paper Rpg's along with at least 4-5 computer games. after being in public issue for 30 years any patent would have expired at the 20 year mark just as all patents do and as far as I can tell or recall iv never even heard of ANY so called ******** legal issues regarding the use of the mechs in games up until now...I call on the game owners to tell whoever it is Griefing MW:O to **** off and give us our mechs!!!! this is utter rediculas on the face of it and it looks like to me this is delibrite on the part of other parties who probably have their own online game in their back pocket........not from any real attempt to protect intelecctuall rights...which they did not apparently service or care about to begine with why is this coming p 30 years later instead of when the original game was published......******** all of it.

If you only knew how so many of us wish it was that easy...

The thing is, the current license holder of the Macross IP, Harmony Gold, is a litigious bunch of ********, and they've already threatend PGI with legal action over their Mechwarrior 5 video.

The whole thing is a freaking mess, with at least two Japanese companies both claiming rights to Macross, and at least two companies (three with FASA) claiming to have licenses for those rights in the U.S.

In the end, Harmony Gold is aggressively protecting the Macross IP, and as noted above have already threatened PGI with legal action. It's a fair bet that we will never see any Unseen 'mechs in MWO.

Sources, if you want to read up on the whole sordid affair:
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Unseen
http://kotaku.com/53...o-legal-trouble
http://www.terrania....ech-second.html
http://en.wikipedia....armony_Gold_USA
http://bg.battletech...pic,9479.0.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users