80Bit’S Review Of All Mechs

188 replies to this topic

#181 Morsule

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

Thank you - great guide and good information and perspective.

#182 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

Will this be getting an update at all soon?

#183 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

View PostNehkrosis, on 06 January 2014 - 07:56 AM, said:

Will this be getting an update at all soon?

80bit posted in December to say he was working on it.

I for one look forward to an update!

#184 Horusv2

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

too bad this isnt getting an update. I found it very informative

#185 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:36 AM

I'm creating a german thread with similar content, partly inspired of your thread. Thank you for your work.

If you are german, you should visit this thread: Alle Mechs im Überblick

#186 guitarxe

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:37 PM

Have any mechs changed significantly since this was written to the point where what's written is completly wrong now? Or can this still be used as a good guideline?

#187 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

View Post80Bit, on 06 June 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

Part 1: Introduction

MechWarrior Online already has 17 unique BattleMech chassis available, with many more on the way. Each BattleMech has 3 or more unique variants available, leading to 70+ unique BattleMechs to choose from. Picking the right mech to spend your hard earned C-Bills on can be a daunting task for newbie and veteran alike. While all the mechs can be fun, they each have their own strong and weak points, and some definitely rise above the rest in performance.
This compressive guide is meant to a subjective review each mech variant, how it stacks up to its peers, and what roles is excels at. While I do not own all 60+ mech variants, I do own, and have extensively played, one or more variant of each chassis. When rating the mechs, I considered how their hard points, hit boxes, performance, and unique characterizes define them compared to not only other variants, but other mechs that fit the same role. This guide covers mech capabilities in normal solo and small group play, so even mechs with high marks may not be great in the highest end 8v8 play.

Ranking System:

1 Star (*): These mechs have some deficiency that makes them clearly inferior to similar options.
2 Star (**): These mechs have no major flaws, but no stand out features either.
3 Star (***): These mechs have good hard points and are well rounded, and can perform great when loaded out properly.
ComStar (Posted Image): These mechs are top tier. They do things other mechs can’t, and can be absolutely deadly with the right load out.

Important Note: These reviews are of the potential greatness of a mech, not of the mech’s stock load out. Even if you buy a “ComStar” rated mech, if your mech build is terrible, your results will be terrible as well. And even a 1 star mech is going to kick your butt if the pilot is of significantly higher skill. And I have tried to make the reviews from the perspective of balanced weapon systems. If one particular system is unbalanced or broken, it may affect the viability of specific mechs at that moment.

Spider (30 ton)
Spoiler

I am going to throw a spanner in here and say that I personally disagree with this strongly. See above edits.

p.s. Great work writing this review by the way.. ..seriously a lot of time is needed putting this kind of stuff together.

#188 xionyx

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 04:15 AM

Thanks for this Post.

Did the Patches between the creation of this post an now changed the Balance or is this post still ok?

#189 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

Topics coming back to life?
Posted Image

This Topic is being Locked as to it being Necro'ed,

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users