Assault And Conquer Challenge!

171 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:54 AM

Greetings MechWarriors!

It seems the vast majority of you liked the 'get 25 victories, get a prize' weekend. So, in order to do that again, but not just do exactly the same thing, here comes round two! Well, event two. So, what exactly is this challenge? I'm glad you didn't ask, and instead allowed me to pretend you did so I could write this! Presenting, the Assault and Conquer Challenge weekend!

First, you need to get 10 victories in Assault Mode, then 10 victories in Conquest mode. Or, well, you can do it in any order you want really. Just make sure you have ten of each!

Second, you need to get those victories between 10am PDT on June 11th, and 10am PDT June 14th.

What do you get for doing those things? You get a .50 Cal hanging round item just for playing (and winning)!

So no need to opt in, just play, and good luck to all of you!

Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 Garth Erlam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

Also just a friendly reminder you can deny myself and those guys at NGNG progress in this challenge today, 2pm PDT, at http://www.twitch.tv/mechwarrioronline! Or if you're on our team you can help us (we'll need it). Hope to see you there!

#3 Captain Davis McCall

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 29 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

blach!

nice one, I'll opt in ;)

#4 Genewen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

And because of that you boot me from my match? Me be crying nao.

#5 80Bit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 555 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Sweet, see you on the battlefield!

#6 MrTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 242 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Yay!! I was hoping for a new Challenge ;)

#7 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:15 AM

My Jenner will be on the lookout for your Cicada Garth! There will be lower-leg actuator fluid!

#8 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Quick request: On the Announcement page, can you re-post the graphic for this event that you use on the front page? It makes it much better when trying to spread the word through G+ and facebook if there's an image on that page that relates to the news.

EDIT: Here you go, for anyone else that wants to spread the word and link to a page with information and a graphic.

Posted Image

Edited by DirePhoenix, 11 June 2013 - 09:27 AM.

#9 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Sweet! Is there another page where we can check our progress like last time?

#10 Kell Commander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

I love the idea of these challenges. I do have a question though. When you release achievements, are you going to have any of these challenges reflected, will we need to redo them, or are these going to be not counted towards that at all?

#11 Nick Drezary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 232 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

YAY!

#12 Magitek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

Alright, it's time to play some MWO.

#13 Banditman

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationThe Templars

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 June 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors!
It seems the vast majority of you liked the 'get 25 victories, get a prize' weekend. So, in order to do that again, but not just do exactly the same thing, here comes round two! Well, event two. So, what exactly is this challenge? I'm glad you didn't ask, and instead allowed me to pretend you did so I could write this! Presenting, the Assault and Conquer Challenge weekend!
First, you need to get 10 victories in Assault Mode, then 10 victories in Conquest mode. Or, well, you can do it in any order you want really. Just make sure you have ten of each!
Second, you need to get those victories between 10am PDT on June 11th, and 10am PDT June 14th.
What do you get for doing those things? You get a .50 Cal hanging round item just for playing (and winning)!
So no need to opt in, just play, and good luck to all of you!
Cheers,
The MechWarrior Online Team

Actually, what we would have "liked" is if your "'get 25 victories, get a prize' weekend." was actually a weekend and not the middle of the bloody work week.

#14 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:27 AM

View PostStomp, on 11 June 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Sweet! Is there another page where we can check our progress like last time?

Yup! http://mwomercs.com/...type=challenges

#15 Thaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 224 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

This is nice but middle of the week is no good to me... there's something called work in these days.

#16 Hador

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 545 posts

Fortunately for me I have tomorrow off (well, I have to work 24h today for it) so.....Challange accepted ;)

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Yay! An event where I actually have access to decent internet!

#18 Azzras

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

Nice. Bring it;

#19 bashpr0mpt

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

I'd just like to point out that medals are essential for any military style game. Something that links to a profile page we can proudly display to our friends. We want to be attached to our mechs. We want them to represent us, be us, a mechanical extension of us. And unless you facilitate this we -will- abandon you for the first game that does (Steel Battalion in MMO format similar to Forza and you'd be dead in the water!) Add campaigns, let us fight wars, let us fight infantry and tanks and other vehicles. And give us awesome medals and ribbons for our trouble!

I still think you guys need to look at Forza and make mechs customizable, not just mechanically (weight should affect speed ffs, l2physics) but aesthetically. We want to spend more money and time on this game, and it's up to you to find ways to let us. Forza 4 especially is your answer for everything. Including the restrictive paint booth which challenges artists extremely with a square and a circle being all you have to paint with yet still I can come up with gorgeous mural artwork, animu stuffs, or even still life, it's the most fun challenge for artsy folks and it would let us get more attached to our mechs.

As one of Turn 10 / Forza's top 100 artists for many years running I would love to dedicate my time and talent to designing awesome decals for fellow players provided you didn't money grub and use it as a fast way to cash in on our masochistic urge to throw money at you. From carbon fiber, logos and random fluff like caution or police tape to full on artwork I've had hundreds of thousands of cars in Forza adorned with my work and would LOVE to be able to give every person reading this 'free crap' to **** your mechs.

If you want free crap, please click on the facebook / twitter / youtube links above and harass the developers to 'look at Forza for inspiration on the decal system, abandon making a quick buck, and let us encourage artists to design amazing mechs for us, sure you might lose out on camouflage but very few people will be able to design camo as good as the bought camo anyway'

#20 zhajin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:32 AM

so you guys take the rest of the week off after patch day? not sure tues-fri would be considered a weekend by, well anybody...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users